Root Huawei Premia 4G

OP eddytholland

16th April 2013, 04:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Marietta, GA
Thanks Meter: 3

22 posts
More
hey so i got the new huawei phone from metropcs. it came out about a month ago and it is still fresh in the market. the phone is pretty badass... except for one problem. it's unrooted. so if anyone can find a way to root the huawei premia 4g, then i will be highly appreciative. the model number of the phone is the huawei-m931. thanks a bunch ^_^
17th April 2013, 12:52 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I'm trying to connect my Huawei Premia to PC by USB no luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddytholland

hey so i got the new huawei phone from metropcs. it came out about a month ago and it is still fresh in the market. the phone is pretty badass... except for one problem. it's unrooted. so if anyone can find a way to root the huawei premia 4g, then i will be highly appreciative. the model number of the phone is the huawei-m931. thanks a bunch ^_^

would like to connect to PC and root this phone...anyone with info on these phones?
17th April 2013, 07:17 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Marietta, GA

22 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltilt3

would like to connect to PC and root this phone...anyone with info on these phones?

http://www.huaweidevice.com/resource...5/hi_suite_en/

this is how i got it connected finally to my PC. as far as rooting, i'm still waiting. hope this helps on your personal road to rooting this phone.
19th April 2013, 07:47 PM   |  #4  

1 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddytholland

this is how i got it connected finally to my PC. as far as rooting, i'm still waiting. hope this helps on your personal road to rooting this phone.

Go to android forums dot com and then go to this board >

Android Forums > Android Phones > Huawei Premia 4G > Premia 4G - All Things Root

There's a guide by shabbypenguin. I posted the necessary drivers to connect ADB as well.

I'd link you but apparently I'm a n00b lol
19th April 2013, 10:57 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Marietta, GA

22 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by elk1007

Go to android forums dot com and then go to this board >

Android Forums > Android Phones > Huawei Premia 4G > Premia 4G - All Things Root

There's a guide by shabbypenguin. I posted the necessary drivers to connect ADB as well.

I'd link you but apparently I'm a n00b lol

http://androidforums.com/premia-4g-all-things-root/ here is the link ^_^ and thanks for finding it btw. i will check it out in better detail when i get home from work.
26th April 2013, 12:41 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Marietta, GA

22 posts
More
Thumbs up
i finally found the right exploit to root this phone. stumbled upon this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBupfRjXUTo with links at the bottom of it that gives the perfect exploitation and it actually worked. damn it's good to be rooted again
Last edited by eddytholland; 26th April 2013 at 12:47 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to eddytholland For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2013, 08:03 AM   |  #7  
Flag newark nj
Thanks Meter: 2

33 posts
More
Thanks just did mines n it works thanks for the vid

Sent from my HUAWEI-M931 using xda app-developers app
28th April 2013, 08:38 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Marietta, GA

22 posts
More
You're welcome.

The Following User Says Thank You to eddytholland For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th June 2013, 04:47 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
I used the method described in this thread. It seems like it worked partially as most of my root apps work however I can not modify system files I am still stuck with read only permission in certain directories. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a current fix. Thank you for your help in advance

The Following User Says Thank You to 4Aphex For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th October 2013, 03:51 PM   |  #10  

2 posts
Cannot root Huawei Premia 4g
I just want to know why when I try to root my android hwawei premia 4g by using motochopper, the program run and places the app on my phone as superuser, but the app say the (su) needs update, but always report as an error...."There was an error installing superuser. Please send a log of the error to the developer."........I have formatted my sd card and everthing. It says I need to update the binary.........Outside of this I've tried to use every rooting process with no progress- to name a few, SuperOneClick, Frama, z4root, and more, this is the FIRST phone that I cannot root, I need help with Motochopper.....Please somebody help me

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

I just want to know why when I try to root my android hwawei premia 4g by using motochopper, the program run and places the app on my phone as superuser, but the app say the (su) needs update, but always report as an error...."There was an error installing superuser. Please send a log of the error to the developer."........I have formatted my sd card and everthing. It says I need to update the binary.........Outside of this I've tried to use every rooting process with no progress- to name a few, SuperOneClick, Frama, z4root, and more, this is the FIRST phone that I cannot root, I need help with Motochopper.....Please somebody help me

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread