Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,341 Members 49,016 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problems with Plantronics M3000 and QTEK 2020

Tip us?

marek
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Problems with Plantronics M3000 and QTEK 2020

I have bought a Plantronics M3000 bluetooth headset for my QTEK 2020. I have no problems pairing, calling and answering. However the headset just shuts off after a few minutes of conversation. It doesn't just cut the conversation but shuts off. I can make multiple short calls but nothing longer than 3/4 minutes. It works, however, without problems on my wife's Ericsson T68. Anyone can help ? Thanks.
Marek

Rayan
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Hello,

I have the MDA2 (same as QTek2020) and a Plantronics M3000 and It's been working just fine.

The problem you describe it's very weird since you mentioned that the headset works fine with your wife's mobile, and that makes me think that your QTek has some sort of problem with the Bluetooth stack or hardware.

It may be well worth to try (if possible) another headset just to make sure that is not the M3000 fault.

Do you see any type of error or message on the screen at the time of disconnection?

Does it always cut the conversation at the exact same moment?

Does the problem match the time the QTek takes to power save?

Any other clues?
Twitter: @RayanMX
My Daily Driver: LG G2 32 GB
Other Deivces: Motorola Moto X (white), Samsung Galaxy Note, Nokia Lumia 900, Motorola Atrix 4G (sold), Motorola Lapdock (sold), Asus Transformer Tablet, Nexus One Google Phone (retired), Viewsonic G Tablet (retired), Nokia N97 40 Gb *sold*, Nokia 5530 *gave it away*, HTC Touch*died*, HTC Touch Diamond GSM*sold*, Palm Pre GSM*sold*

marek
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks.

I did not have the occasion to test another BT headset on the Qtek. When it shuts down there isn't any message displayed.
I have no problems with the BT stack (with the Pocket Bluetooth Tools patch) when using it with a BT GPS (Emtac) receiver, it works for hours.

However, your suggestion that it might happen when the Qtek goes in energy saving mode is interesting. I will check that tomorrow.

I'll post the result.

hops
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi

I seem to have a similar poblem after installing pocket bluetooth tools!.
I use a Jabra BT 250..and I noticed that the headset just mutes during the call..
I am generally used to switching off the display of the XDA after placing the call to power save ...

So I discovered that the headset would mute whenever i switch off the xda after making the call (which it never did prior to installing PBT)!
any thoughts on that?
maybe it has to do with the auto switch off plugin?

Rayan
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Actually I just experienced that too...

If I place (or answer a call) the next time I try to use the phone via the BT headset I notice the BT headset was turned off... Yeah, it could be related to the Powersave feature on the today plugin that PBT installs as a plugin... :roll:

Need to investigate...

Best regards,
Rayan
Twitter: @RayanMX
My Daily Driver: LG G2 32 GB
Other Deivces: Motorola Moto X (white), Samsung Galaxy Note, Nokia Lumia 900, Motorola Atrix 4G (sold), Motorola Lapdock (sold), Asus Transformer Tablet, Nexus One Google Phone (retired), Viewsonic G Tablet (retired), Nokia N97 40 Gb *sold*, Nokia 5530 *gave it away*, HTC Touch*died*, HTC Touch Diamond GSM*sold*, Palm Pre GSM*sold*

cruisin-thru
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Both my bt headsets have stopped working since installing pocket bluetooth tools latest version, I have reverted back to version 1005 and everything is fine. I have a sony-ericsson EBH-65 and a skypower clip on headset.
Thank god I am an atheist.

gazzaman2k
Old
Thanks Meter 11
my platronics does the same also its annoying you cant even transfer the call back to the device you have to hand up turn off bt and then turn it abck on and headset mode back on it also does the same on my pc

when im on msn using it as a headset it just d/c and i have to turn it off and turn it back on again

dont see what the problem is

btw the range on the xda2 and platronics is amazing i had it on my bedrooms desk and i went outside it passed through the living room wall and the patio window and i was stood 5m down my garden im sure it would of been over 10m and it was still working if i kept still when i moved it went crackly but ah well lol

just hope someone sorts the prob out

mjjle
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,

I was having the same problem with the M3000. I just had confirmation from Plantronics that this problem is a bug in the product that occurs with the XDA II. I am currently in the process of returning the product.

Regards...Mike

bigmac72
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Same problem M3000 doesn't work. Give up now before too much frustration makes you feel ill.

Try the Hello 2 headset. Work with my Aussie XDA2 and is very small and lightweight. Even had a neck chain to carry it around like a USB drive.