Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,143 Members 54,221 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM for Kyocera Rise?

Tip us?

xdbridun
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default CM for Kyocera Rise?

I'm looking to see if there are any cyanogen mod roms for my Kyocera Rise. I've used a cm on my old Motorola Backflip and loved it. I had gone back to dumbphones until just last week when I got my Virgin Mobile branded Kyocera Rise. If you know of any info, please let me know. I can't find anything about it anywhere on the web, which makes me think there is not one in development. If there is no CM available, are there any other roms I could try? Thanks!!

indrora
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdbridun View Post
I'm looking to see if there are any cyanogen mod roms for my Kyocera Rise. I've used a cm on my old Motorola Backflip and loved it. I had gone back to dumbphones until just last week when I got my Virgin Mobile branded Kyocera Rise. If you know of any info, please let me know. I can't find anything about it anywhere on the web, which makes me think there is not one in development. If there is no CM available, are there any other roms I could try? Thanks!!
Currently the rise has a locked bootloader. Kyocera refuses to say anything except a form letter that sums to "We have no fingers in the pie".

xdbridun
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by indrora View Post
Currently the rise has a locked bootloader. Kyocera refuses to say anything except a form letter that sums to "We have no fingers in the pie".
Ok, that stinks. Thanks.

TechDad378
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Default Kyocera Rise Root

I was able to root Kyocera Rise v4.0.3. with no problem. They provide an OTA update to v4.0.4 which locked the bootloader. After many tries I was able to root v4.0.4. I tested some apps which modified different features of the phone. It seems "PimpMyRom" allowed a lot of tweaks to work. I am trying to unroot and reroot, in order to provide a simple process. I am new to the forum so it will take a little bit before I can post a tutorial for rooting v4.0.4. But it can be rooted so it will only be a mtter of time before a CWM is developed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TechDad378 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JHell
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Virgin Mobile is lying when they say they don't have anything to do with the locked bootloader. they have all their new phones locked up because they think root can jeopardize their service.

Sent from my Event using xda app-developers app