Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,912 Members 40,183 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM7 on Motorola Charm MB502 from Ruth Development

Tip us?

jeremiass
Old
(Last edited by jeremiass; 7th May 2013 at 02:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by osk386 View Post
Hi,

For someone who wants to port cm7 on Motorola charm follow these steps (Assuming your device is rooted):

1. Download and Install FlipOutRecovery from this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1296881307

2. Download the phchshow Ruth rom from this link: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bxgq...it?usp=sharing then put it on the root of the sdcard.

3. Download my fix file "osk386FixCharm.zip" and put it on the root of sdcard (from the attachment link below).

4. Open the FlipOutRecovery app and allow permissions, then click on "Install Recovery" button, and then click on "Reboot Recovery Mode" button. The system will reboot with clockworkmod menu.

5. Wipe data, cache, and advanced/dalvik cache

6. Select "install zip from sdcard" -- "choose zip from sdcard" -- select the ruth rom --- yes --- and wait until instalation finish.

7. Select "install zip from sdcard" -- "choose zip from sdcard" -- select the osk386fixCharm.zip --- yes --- and wait until instalation finish.

8. Reboot system and enjoy CM7.

NOTE: The osk386fixCharm.zip file fix some issues like connectivity, keyboard, audio and video. The problem of mute sound during call still persist, you must to use headset to make calls well. Portrait mode problem still persist. You install this at your own risk I´m not responsible for rooted devices. The rom is on unstable(acceptable) state yet.

Attachment 1939166

Thanks! I'll testing now. Good Work and don't stop the development to the charm!

Awaiting for more news about our phone

osk386
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiass View Post
Thanks! I'll testing now. Good Work and don't stop the development to the charm!

Awaiting for more news about our phone

I've updated the fix file, and steps to more stable version in the last post.

rafaelonos
Old
Thanks Meter 0
There is no way to use it in Landscape mode?

vskram21
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bricked my phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by osk386 View Post
Add step 8, because some errors, change zip file link

Hi,

For someone who wants to port cm7 on Motorola charm follow these steps (Assuming your device is rooted):

1. Download and Install FlipOutRecovery from this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1296881307

2. Download the phchshow Ruth rom from this link: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bxgq...it?usp=sharing then put it on the root of the sdcard.

3. Download my fix file "osk386FixCharm.zip" and put it on the root of sdcard (from the attachment link below).

4. Open the FlipOutRecovery app and allow permissions, then click on "Install Recovery" button, and then click on "Reboot Recovery Mode" button. The system will reboot with clockworkmod menu.

5. Wipe data, cache, and advanced/dalvik cache

6. Select "install zip from sdcard" -- "choose zip from sdcard" -- select the ruth rom --- yes --- and wait until instalation finish.

7. Reboot then boot with recovery, clicking "vol -" Then Wipe data, cache, and advanced/dalvik cache.

8. Select "install zip from sdcard" -- "choose zip from sdcard" -- select the osk386fixCharm.zip --- yes --- and wait until instalation finish.

9. Reboot system and enjoy CM7.

NOTE: The osk386fixCharm.zip file fix some issues like connectivity, keyboard, audio and video. The problem of mute sound during call still persist, you must to use headset to make calls well. Portrait mode problem still persist. You install this at your own risk I´m not responsible for rooted devices. The rom is on unstable(acceptable) state yet.

Hi,

I flashed my phone with CM7 and was able to boot from it and while trying to apply the fix for motorola charm.
I bricked my phone now it shows up M logo and I was not able to get past this. I tried to do a sbf_flash even that is not working.
Any ideas on how to make my phone work.

vskram21
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vskram21 View Post
Hi,

I flashed my phone with CM7 and was able to boot from it and while trying to apply the fix for motorola charm.
I bricked my phone now it shows up M logo and I was not able to get past this. I tried to do a sbf_flash even that is not working.
Any ideas on how to make my phone work.
After lot of attempts i was able to flash the T-Mobile_MB502_03.90.7_1FF_01.sbf. I was not able to flash any other sbf's and finally my phone is working.

osk386
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Now testing new release from phchshow,

Working well..

phchshow Flipout Rom: download v0.6.4.zip

then will coment..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to osk386 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

calvin9
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Clock please fix orientation

please fix the orientation quickly
i'm eager to test it
lol
finally for a new life for this qute li'l phonee...

osk386
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin9 View Post
please fix the orientation quickly
i'm eager to test it
lol
finally for a new life for this qute li'l phonee...
Hi Calvin, actually orientation is already working with v0.6.4, but now is stuck in landscape mode, sensor not working for auto rotate UI, and now usb is more buggy, I'll try to fix this issues for MB502 this weekend.

If you want to test it just follow the steps above, but now with v0.6.4.zip and the same osk386fixcharm.zip.

I'm using this versión, I got my headphones everytime.

di4bl0
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I dont know why this is happening to me!
I re-flash my mb502 to the 6.4 rom and i dont have many bugs!
The problem of mute sound during call still persist and the keyboard back light have a bug

calvin9
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Post i'm trapped

helloooo...

today i tried ur pchchshow's rom and now i'm trapped in a boootlooop

how can i restore my rom ....

can i use bootstrapped recovery from polo...

if so how

please i cant flash using rsdlite, it is showing nothing when connected ,,that is NOT DETECTING