Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,988 Members 54,494 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.20 [Windows/Mac/Linux]

Tip us?

mattlgroff
Old
(Last edited by mattlgroff; 4th June 2013 at 06:27 AM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2,370

DONATE TO ME
Default DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.20 [Windows/Mac/Linux]

MOVED/UPDATED for 1.21. Thread saved/closed for any help/assistance/value left in it.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Use the forums!
Owner of Batakang. Recognized Developer at XDA
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to mattlgroff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

killrhythm09
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Thanks for posting the updated utility.

Number 4 explained mentions TWRP again instead of CWM though.
Device: Motorola Droid RAZR HD xt926 | Bootloader Unlocked & Rooted | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0 | ROM: Stock 183.46.10.xt926.Verizon.en.US

mattlgroff
Old
Thanks Meter 2,370

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by killrhythm09 View Post
Thanks for posting the updated utility.

Number 4 explained mentions TWRP again instead of CWM though.
That's what I get for copy pasting it

Fixed

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Use the forums!

Tomsgt
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,576

DONATE TO ME
Nice work Matt

helloterence
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Will this work on the latest OTA 9.16.6? I know the previous version did not and I have been waiting to root my phone. If yes, do I simply do options 6, then 5, and my choice of either 3/4?

mattlgroff
Old
Thanks Meter 2,370

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloterence View Post
Will this work on the latest OTA 9.16.6? I know the previous version did not and I have been waiting to root my phone. If yes, do I simply do options 6, then 5, and my choice of either 3/4?
Yes it will work. The unlock requires root so use Motochopper first to root

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

anoninja118
Old
Thanks Meter 270
took all of 10 minutes to be stock then be re-downloading all my apps on AOKP, great work man!!

sent on the fly from my RAZR HD
Galaxy Note 2 - 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
-Tweaked ROM w/ PBJ Kernel

Find me on twitter @anoninja118

strike3
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I'm so glad I found the original Droid Razr HD Utility. I almost downloaded a rip off utility copied from you by a guy named after an illness that people "shake" from. Begins with a P if you know who I mean.

I love my Razr HD. iPhone 5 and S3 didn't work out for me. Poor WiFi performance. I like the idea of a TWRP so I can make a full backup to my SD card.
The Following User Says Thank You to strike3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LifeAsADroid
Old
Thanks Meter 136

DONATE TO ME
Matt,

First, let me say thanks for all your amazing work developing this phone and for the two utilites (I am very grateful for 1.10 and looking forward to using 1.20).

Before I jump into the utility, I want to (as briefly as possible) explain my situation (and now looking back, ask a ton of questions): I have 4.1.1, rooted, and have performed the Wireless Hotspot hack procedure. I am unable to take the 4.1.2 update (most likely due to my hacking of the hotspot app, though I may have done something else that I don't remember). Will I be able to use this utility to upgrade to 4.1.2? And unlock my bootloader? And keep (or re-do) my hotspot hack? What is the correct order for me? I'm thinking since I am rooted, I unlock the bootloader, then install 4.1.2, correct? Does this keep my root intact, or do I need to use VooDoo OTA Rootkeeper to unroot prior to performing the 4.1.2 update in the utility, then re-root?

Finally, is there a way to copy and save my currently installed apps (and pics, etc) so I don't have to re-install them all? Is this the function of Titanium Backup, or is there a different/easier way to do it?

Thanks again!

mattlgroff
Old
Thanks Meter 2,370

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeAsADroid View Post
Matt,

First, let me say thanks for all your amazing work developing this phone and for the two utilites (I am very grateful for 1.10 and looking forward to using 1.20).

Before I jump into the utility, I want to (as briefly as possible) explain my situation (and now looking back, ask a ton of questions): I have 4.1.1, rooted, and have performed the Wireless Hotspot hack procedure. I am unable to take the 4.1.2 update (most likely due to my hacking of the hotspot app, though I may have done something else that I don't remember). Will I be able to use this utility to upgrade to 4.1.2? And unlock my bootloader? And keep (or re-do) my hotspot hack? What is the correct order for me? I'm thinking since I am rooted, I unlock the bootloader, then install 4.1.2, correct? Does this keep my root intact, or do I need to use VooDoo OTA Rootkeeper to unroot prior to performing the 4.1.2 update in the utility, then re-root?

Finally, is there a way to copy and save my currently installed apps (and pics, etc) so I don't have to re-install them all? Is this the function of Titanium Backup, or is there a different/easier way to do it?

Thanks again!
Unlock your bootloader before you try to do anything, it's the best safeguard to have.

You can go to 4.1.2 with it from 4.1.1 yes.

This is not a rootkeeping utility. If you unlock you can always flash a root.zip like Superuser.zip, SuperSu.zip, etc. in CWM or TWRP to root. You don't need Voodoo anymore.

Backups is up to you. Titanium Works AFAIK.

I think I got all the questions hidden in that blob of text, hopefully

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe