HELP PLEASE t889V stuck on Samsung logo

Search This thread

vseslija

Jun 11, 2009
Vancouver
Hi Guys need help bad. I hope I didnt screw my phone up.

I rooted my phone using the latest toolkit and installed twrp. Once i did that I backed up everything including efs on the external card.
Once i did that I flashed Jedi x rom but did not have much signal so decided to flash another rom which was liquid smooth. Once I flashed it again
my signal was almost non existent. I downloaded a canadian modem in the zip file and flashed it using twrp the same way i would flash a rom.
After i did that i wiped all the data and cache and the system. As I was rushing it siince its late at night i got a message saying that I am not rooted. I ignored it and rebooted the system and now its stuck on samsung logo. What can i do? Please help!!!!!

It appears that when I hold vol up plus home plus power I can get into download mode. I hope that helps.
Can someone give me some help how to get it back to life. I am pretty sure I have to use Odin at this point but dont know how

Last edited:

vseslija

Jun 11, 2009
Vancouver
Ok i did some reading and I think the next step is to download stock image for the wind mobile turn on Odin and upload the image to the phone..
What settings should I use in Odin? What should be checked at the top and am I to use PDA only?

vseslija

Jun 11, 2009
Vancouver
You can use odin or just reflash the ROM. You said tout wiped system after flashing the modern. That means you erased what ever ROM was on there. It's sticking at Samsung because there is no ROM to boot into.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Well I cant get into TWRP and dont know how to flash a ROM through ODIN? I am total newb at this.
Could you give me some pointers once I open up odin what do i need to do ? Thanks

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III
Have you puked the battery. Put it back in then held volume+, home and power? Your recovery should still be there.

Also, odin is easy. Just open it and click the pda box and put your stock ROM there. Two things make sure you put your image in PDA and PDA ONLY and make sure it's your official stock Image

vseslija

Jun 11, 2009
Vancouver
Have you puked the battery. Put it back in then held volume+, home and power? Your recovery should still be there.

Also, odin is easy. Just open it and click the pda box and put your stock ROM there. Two things make sure you put your image in PDA and PDA ONLY and make sure it's your official stock Image

Yup went back to ODIN and flashed stock image and everything is now working great. I assume that I need to root the phone again before attempting to flash any roms again. I guess it was late at night and like you said I wiped the rom and there was nothing to boot into. I am an idiot!

Thanks for your quick help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deeznutz1977

Jul 4, 2010
cHARMcity,MD
Yup went back to ODIN and flashed stock image and everything is now working great. I assume that I need to root the phone again before attempting to flash any roms again. I guess it was late at night and like you said I wiped the rom and there was nothing to boot into. I am an idiot!

Thanks for your quick help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next time odin this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1975560 pre-rooted doesn't trip the counter,,,

garbageslot

Aug 2, 2013
New York
Download the rom from the link i posted..flash in Odin Thats it pre rooted

When I did this approach, I did it in two steps. I downloaded factory image of the firmware and flashed the device by using Odin 3.0.7.

Next, I used a tool package called "Galaxy Note2 ToolKit." Follow the instructions for how to root.
When I did the procedure, the software also had an option to include clockworkmod recovery
and busybox.

Gideon.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can use odin or just reflash the ROM. You said tout wiped system after flashing the modern. That means you erased what ever ROM was on there. It's sticking at Samsung because there is no ROM to boot into.