I think I might pluck up the courage to try this, but first will someone tell me
a) which is the Action button
b) How do I test that my back up works?
c) Is the tick box 'Allow USB Connection' what I need to disable and re-enable the USB?
The action button is the centre of the 4 way rocker at the bottom of your xda, the only way to test a backup is to restore it, the option for usb connection is under the settings on the pc verion of activesysnc.
the big button on the front-bottom-center of your device.
by trying to restore it. ( you will lose all data not in \storage on your device )
* insert sd-card in your xda2.
* if in windows ce, you will get a question if you want to format the card.
answer NO. otherwise it destroy the backup on your card.
* hold down both the action button and the power button, while resetting the device with the pen.
* after about 5-10 seconds it should say 'sections=1 press power to flash'
* a restore will only work on a device with the same bootloader version.
you mean in activesync? yes, that is how to release the usb port to be used by mtty.exe.
Not trying to confuse you, but why don't you upgrade the phone? If it is a UK O2 phone, they have a nice update that gives you the latest fixes. They have a manual on how to upgrade etc etc. Then after you've done that you can use they simple method of unlocking without rebooting.
Not too long ago MediaTek was very closed off towards the mobile developer … more
22 Sep 2014
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?