Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] No OS installed, stuck on HTC load screen

OP azbigmike1369

22nd April 2013, 02:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
More
Hey everyone. I know I totally screwed up. So I got my Phone today. HTC One from Sprint. I went to unlock bootloader. Success, but when I went to install a custom rom I went to do a wipe, I guess I wiped the wrong thing. So now I don't have a OS, and stuck in TWRP because it won't load. Is there a way to push the rom to the phone and install from there? Or do I need a RUU? Or best bet is try to get a new phone?
22nd April 2013, 04:02 AM   |  #2  
Flag Santa Rosa
Thanks Meter: 65

239 posts
More
Bummer bro. All I can say is I hope your phone is nearly out of battery. Mine did this last night, just gotta wait until it dies, then press the power button while holding the volume down key. Don't screw this up, you only got one chance, then you have to let it die again. Haha non-removable battery problems. :/ lol

Totally didn't read your post correctly. You can flash the OTG (On the Go) comparable recovery using the adb and then put a ROM on a flashdrive and use an OTG cable to connect the usb drive to your phone and flash the rom

Sent from my M7 using xda premium
Last edited by beforedenied; 22nd April 2013 at 04:05 AM.
22nd April 2013, 04:16 AM   |  #3  
SF, CA - NYC
Thanks Meter: 355

896 posts
More
ADB push the rom onto the phone. Did you even flash the rom you put on your phone in the first place?
22nd April 2013, 04:54 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 5

18 posts
More
I'm not 100% sure if this is available on TWRP, but I know in CWM you can flash from sideload. If there's an option for that, just plug your phone into your computer, select it, and run adb sideload <file>.
22nd April 2013, 06:46 AM   |  #5  
Flag Lihue
Thanks Meter: 64

444 posts
More
You could always use one of the RUUs to go back to stock, but you'll have to unlock again.
23rd May 2013, 09:18 AM   |  #6  
Flag birmingham
Thanks Meter: 37

204 posts
More
help htc one no os installed adb sideload
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmiLey497

ADB push the rom onto the phone. Did you even flash the rom you put on your phone in the first place?

hi i just messed my m7 please help in step by step guide to instal rom from sideload
thanks in advance
23rd May 2013, 01:52 PM   |  #7  
Flag Winder
Thanks Meter: 8

188 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by azbigmike1369

Hey everyone. I know I totally screwed up. So I got my Phone today. HTC One from Sprint. I went to unlock bootloader. Success, but when I went to install a custom rom I went to do a wipe, I guess I wiped the wrong thing. So now I don't have a OS, and stuck in TWRP because it won't load. Is there a way to push the rom to the phone and install from there? Or do I need a RUU? Or best bet is try to get a new phone?

Hey man i went throught the same problem about a week ago you need to get one of these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
You plug it in your phone while youre in recovery and have a flash drive with a rom on it and goto in stall a rom and select the otg storage and install your rom problem solved. Good luck
17th July 2013, 07:42 PM   |  #8  
Denver
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by azbigmike1369

Did you ever fix your phone?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread