Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,064 Members 41,227 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No OS installed, stuck on HTC load screen

Tip us?

azbigmike1369
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] No OS installed, stuck on HTC load screen

Hey everyone. I know I totally screwed up. So I got my Phone today. HTC One from Sprint. I went to unlock bootloader. Success, but when I went to install a custom rom I went to do a wipe, I guess I wiped the wrong thing. So now I don't have a OS, and stuck in TWRP because it won't load. Is there a way to push the rom to the phone and install from there? Or do I need a RUU? Or best bet is try to get a new phone?

beforedenied
Old
(Last edited by beforedenied; 22nd April 2013 at 03:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 65
Bummer bro. All I can say is I hope your phone is nearly out of battery. Mine did this last night, just gotta wait until it dies, then press the power button while holding the volume down key. Don't screw this up, you only got one chance, then you have to let it die again. Haha non-removable battery problems. :/ lol

Totally didn't read your post correctly. You can flash the OTG (On the Go) comparable recovery using the adb and then put a ROM on a flashdrive and use an OTG cable to connect the usb drive to your phone and flash the rom

Sent from my M7 using xda premium
AT&T HTC One M7
[ROM] TrickDroid 5.2.1 | Sense 5.0 | AROMA | APM | EQS | Tweaks|

SmiLey497
Old
Thanks Meter 350
ADB push the rom onto the phone. Did you even flash the rom you put on your phone in the first place?
Past Cellphones:
Motorola: Timeport, Droid 1
Sharp: Z800
Nextel: i710, i860
Apple: iPhone 4
LG: Nexus 5, G2
Samsung: a950, SCH-i760, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note II, Galaxy S 4
HTC: Libra, Droid Eris, Incredible, Thunderbolt, One XL, One M7

Currently owned: HTC One M8

tmaspoopdek
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I'm not 100% sure if this is available on TWRP, but I know in CWM you can flash from sideload. If there's an option for that, just plug your phone into your computer, select it, and run adb sideload <file>.

Cryosx
Old
Thanks Meter 64
You could always use one of the RUUs to go back to stock, but you'll have to unlock again.

zinder33
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Default help htc one no os installed adb sideload

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmiLey497 View Post
ADB push the rom onto the phone. Did you even flash the rom you put on your phone in the first place?
hi i just messed my m7 please help in step by step guide to instal rom from sideload
thanks in advance

GhostSoldier_US
Old
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by azbigmike1369 View Post
Hey everyone. I know I totally screwed up. So I got my Phone today. HTC One from Sprint. I went to unlock bootloader. Success, but when I went to install a custom rom I went to do a wipe, I guess I wiped the wrong thing. So now I don't have a OS, and stuck in TWRP because it won't load. Is there a way to push the rom to the phone and install from there? Or do I need a RUU? Or best bet is try to get a new phone?
Hey man i went throught the same problem about a week ago you need to get one of these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
You plug it in your phone while youre in recovery and have a flash drive with a rom on it and goto in stall a rom and select the otg storage and install your rom problem solved. Good luck

ErikEduardo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by azbigmike1369 View Post
Did you ever fix your phone?