Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,443 Members 39,214 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

tomtom a headache in a box!

Tip us?

Chop!
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default tomtom a headache in a box!

I'm sorry to go on about this but I'm anxious to help save any one else the hassle that I'm going through!
Please think twice before buying tomtom's pathetic navigator gps.

My BT GPS mouse has now failed, I have a few days off and so far after 4 days I have not managed to get any reply phone or e-mail. you will get similar 'customer support' :lol:
WHILE I'M TYPING THIS I'M IN A QUEUE TRYING TO TALK TO A TOMTOM SUPPORT PERSON (AS I HAVE BEEN FOR HALF AN HOUR ALREADY!) :evil:

There are no instructions, not even basic, their discs are not labelled except for nos 1-8 (yes! 8 cd's & you try finding the part of the map you want & you need a navigator to find your way around the discs) :shock:

They sell you it with your local country's map, then they sell you you country maps again on maps of western europe, why not sell it as a kit with western europe in the first place :idea:

If, like me, you cross Europe via many different countries you'll be more knackered from the moronic tomtom setup than you'll be from the journey! :?

My GPS mouse has packed up, I've e-mailed but no response, there are no contact no's for UK offices, warranty agents or addresses, you have to phone Holland & wait in a queue for about an hour. their web based support page mirrors their product, inadequate! :twisted:

Now there is a newer V3 which you can buy if you're daft enough, but owners of V2 are being made to wait for the privilege of paying for an upgrade! Ye Gods!!!

I have typed this with 1 finger & I'm still on hold :? :evil: :twisted:

@ this rate I'm going to end up going to their Dutch offices personally as it seems impossible :twisted:
Chop! The mad Welshman, lost in the urban jungle somewhere between LLanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwrndrobwllllantisiliog ogogoch and Vladivostok!

okahn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey, .
You need to buy the maps for Holland :lol: :lol:

edsub
Old
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter 4
by looking at the date of the post, I guess Chop got it sorted out (or has dropped out completely)
eDsuB
====================
HTC Vision (Desire Z) with 13th Gen Dual SIM on TMO and Voda
Previously owned MDA Vario IV, MDA Vario and MDA II