Note: MoDaCo Toolkit is no longer available via the Play Store. MoDaCo Toolkit is now a free, ad-supported application with a Pro version. Previous Play Store purchasers will receive the Pro key free of charge (details to follow)
As you may know, I often create modifications for Android and rather than them ending up all over the place, I'm now adding them to the 'MoDaCo Toolkit', which is built to use the Xposed Framework - http://mdc.gd/xposedfw. I plan on updating this every time I come up with a new tweak, be it a generic Android modification or specific to a particular device.
The pre-requisites are as follows:
- You MUST be rooted
- You MUST have the Xposed Framework installed and active
- You MUST accept that modifications are used at your own risk
- You may NOT distribute the toolkit (including in custom ROMs) - link back to this topic
- Hit the 'Follow' button at the top right of the main MoDaCo Tookit topic to be notified of updates
The Toolkit can be downloaded in the main Xposed Toolkit thread here.
To use, simply download and install, enable the module in 'Xposed settings' and then enable the mods you want in the 'MoDaCo Toolkit' application. Note that most modifications will require a reboot to take effect and not all modifications will work on all devices!
HTC One specific modifications currently included are:
- Action Launcher Pro + HTC One: Transparent status bar.
- HTC One: Disable high volume warning - disable the volume warning that shows when cranking up the sound with headphones in.
- HTC One: Enable ADB with secure lockscreen - ADB WILL NOT be disabled on boot if the device has a secure lockscreen configuration. DANGER: This is a potential security risk - handle with care!
- HTC One: Enable advanced reboot options - aka EPM, show reboot / recovery / bootloader reboot options on power menu.
- HTC One: Enable button options (only required on Android 4.1 ROMs) - the button options item will appear in settings, allowing you to configure the back button long press as menu.
- HTC One: Volume wake - wake your device with the volume keys!
- HTC One: Hide Kid Mode on power menu - this removes the Kid Mode option on the menu displayed when you long press the power button.
- HTC One: Match battery image to % - the standard battery images don't correspond to the % remaining, this fixes that.
- HTC One: Rename Flashlight to Torch - for us UK types.
- HTC One: Show Blinkfeed icon in launcher - if you are using a third party launcher, this provides a simple way to access Blinkfeed. Just remove all the homescreens.
- Amazon MP3: Force US locale - use this if cloud player is not yet available in your country. Clear data on Amazon MP3 after enabling.
- Facebook: Force Home Compatibility: Facebook will detect your device as Facebook Home compatible.
- Google: Disable Wallet checks - remove region and root checks from Google Wallet.
- Google: Force Play Store to 720P - your device will appear as a 720P device to the store, useful if apps are missing on your 1080P device.
- Google: Prevent app disabling - apps from outside your region (e.g. Wallet, Sound Search) will not be disabled on startup.
- Google Nexus 7: Show Camera in launcher - restore the missing Camera icon to the launcher.
- Google Nexus (all): Disable safe volume warning.
- Google Nexus (all): Enable multi-user support if unsupported on stock (e.g. Nexus 4).
- Google Nexus (all): Enable advanced reboot options - aka EPM, show reboot / recovery / bootloader reboot options on power menu.
- Google Nexus (all): Show user on power menu - this allows you to switch users using the long-press power menu.
- HTC First: Hide carrier in status bar - stop the carrier name showing in the top left.
- Pebble: Low priority notification (removes persistent icon).
- SlingPlayer: Disable legacy hardware warning - remove the warning when connecting to older Slingboxes.
- System: Allow all rotations - rotation will be allowed in all directions, even upside down.
- System: Device properties - a number of device properties (normally read from build.prop) can be changed on the fly. BOARD, BRAND, DEVICE, MODEL and PRODUCT are included initially. Want others? Let me know!
- System: Disable forward lock - apps will not be able to install to /mnt/asec, instead installing to /data/app. NOTE: May cause issues on some Samsung devices.
- System: Enable action bar menu button - the software menu button will be displayed even if you have a hardware menu button.
- System: Enable app buttons - the disable and notification options will be enabled for system apps.
- System: Enable dreams service - enable the dreams screensaver service.
- System: Enable lock screen rotation - if your device supports it, this will allow lock screen use in landscape.
- System UI: Custom operator name.
- System UI: Hide AM/PM on clock - hide the AM/PM indicator on the clock when not in 24H mode.
- System UI: Hide battery meter - hide the battery meter, useful if you're using a third party app in the notification bar like Battery Widget Reborn (now also supports the HTC One!) or battery percentage.
- System UI: Hide ongoing IME switcher - hide on the input method switch prompt.
- System UI: Show battery percentage - show the remaining battery percentage next to the clock.
- System UI: Show navigation bar - this allows you to show the navigation bar on supported devices.
- Trackball Alert: Easy download link - easily download the TBA app and Xposed module.
- Wireless: Enable NFC when screen is off - NFC works when the screen is off, useful for NFC launch tasks.
- Wireless: Enable Face Lock with VPN - VPN (Credential Storage) will be available with Face Lock security.
Note that special steps are required to activate the Xposed framework on the HTC One - see http://mdc.gd/xposedfwone for further details.
Big thanks go out to rovo89 for the framework and also to Bharath Prabhuswamy for the application icon.