[DEV] 3.x.x nAa kernels for SEMC 2011 line - Devs only
First things first...
I'm opening this thread for developer discussion ONLY. There will be a separate thread for releasing this kernel and for user feedback, etc. Please RESPECT that and keep this thread only for developer discussion. This is only for development chat - nothing else.
To report bugs, questions, etc (NON-development stuff) --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2247466
As you might already know, I've been working on getting 3.0 booting for our devices with success. Progress is good, but as expected there are bugs here and there that need to be sorted out.
- Some components (e.g. charging and camera) have to come from SEMC .32 sources (which are not bad anyways) - this is ok
- Most other stuff are updated from later sources
- Based this kernel on M7630AABBQMLZA404033I
CAF tag. It's the latest tagged release for this arch and is linux 3.0.8.
- Rebased on ics_chocolate branch
- All mogami devices are fixed almost completely. There are bugs here and there as with all software.
- Based this kernel on M7630AABBQMLZA40901040
CAF tag. There is no tagged release for this arch for 3.4. msm7x30 is not officially supported any more.
- To stimulate kernel development discussions and get all 2011 devices completely supported.
- Developers to pick up on a device they have (there's no point trying to port a new kernel without having the device, please don't do that) and make the needed changes for fully supporting them.
- Look for bugs and instabilities and fix them
- Propose enhancements and patches
- I will not be accepting patches blindly. They must be tested and verified to work without affecting other devices. Plus, these are stability-targeted kernels
- If porting from .32 is needed (i.e. after evaluating that new CAF drivers don't work) changes should be kept minimal and close to CAF. This will allow for further upgrades
- You can fork as much as you like, but please contribute back so that all devices can benefit! This is open source in action.
Want to support?
- Help development