S3 lte i9305 no 3g 4g only 2g wokring help

Search This thread

silverbox750

Dec 2, 2010
Got strange problem in my s3 lte.i cant any 3g or 4g service.only 2g is working..
tried hard reset etc but no fix..any idea how to fix it..?
please help

silverbox750

Dec 2, 2010
its just shwoing E and not 3g or H or 4g etc ..
i can make phone calls txt etc perfectly just not getting 3g 4g service.
its on 4.1.2 rooted via cf root..
its showing imei number basebacd etc..
dont know what more i have to say about fault..?

henrylife

Apr 28, 2009
Tallinn
its just shwoing E and not 3g or H or 4g etc ..
i can make phone calls txt etc perfectly just not getting 3g 4g service.
its on 4.1.2 rooted via cf root..
its showing imei number basebacd etc..
dont know what more i have to say about fault..?
Did you try Settings -> More Settings -> Mobile networks -> Network mode, set it 4G only or auto connect.
Another workaround maybe there's problem with your apn's? For example I had it set to MMS then ahd EDGE available only.
Second warkaround is secret menu, type it in dialer *#0011#.

silverbox750

Dec 2, 2010
how to set up MMS then ahd EDGE available only?
and i typed ?*#0011# and its showing

gsm900 available
mcc-mnc ; 234-10
tra ;120 bcch 120 cid 276c
rx pwr 85 dtx
txl 0 rx q 7 txl 0
speech ver amr efr fr
voc adaptive rate
ts 0
therm 130 lna 0

Shashan

Apr 25, 2013
Did you try Settings -> More Settings -> Mobile networks -> Network mode, set it 4G only or auto connect.
Another workaround maybe there's problem with your apn's? For example I had it set to MMS then ahd EDGE available only.
Second warkaround is secret menu, type it in dialer *#0011#.[/QUOTE

My GT-i9305 LTE doesn't detect GSM network automatically I have only 2g service in my country, my phone does not connect to GSM automatically, i have to set it on GSM only every time i restart my phone it does not stick on GSM only, whenever i restart my phone it will switch to LTE/GSM/WCDMA/ auto mode but doesnt connect to GSM i have tried many ways wouldn't fix it.

It will be great if any one can help me i have tried to install another modem but couldn,t find any, I rooted it tried to install some customs modems but no success i had to flash it with old firmware

phone info
Galaxy s3 i9305 LTE
firmware 4.1.2
baseband i9305xxalk2
build number i9305xxbll5

need you help

Last edited:

Rethua

May 7, 2013
I have exactly same problem with silver.. Have you fixed it? I have tried to fix problem some, but nothing looks like gonna fix it...

I have tried everything that was written on the forum..

When I check *#0011# it shows that only GSM900 is available...

Anybody?

Last edited:
Reactions: shazii

M.IMRAN

Jul 7, 2009
uk
Have you tried changing it to WCDMA. I was having that problem with the 3g service not going above a few kbs, I changed it from gsm to WCDMA nd its back to full speed 3mbs.

Rethua

May 7, 2013
Have you tried changing it to WCDMA. I was having that problem with the 3g service not going above a few kbs, I changed it from gsm to WCDMA nd its back to full speed 3mbs.

Yep, I did. Both on the phone menu and service menu. Doesn't take any 3g or 4g signal if I choose em only.

fabav

Sep 28, 2013
Done, still same.. I have both tried with Cyanogen, Liquidsmooth, Stock rom, Ripper rom...

Where did you buy it?. Did you see if the modem frequency of the carrier it's available in your phone?, I got the same problem and it's possible that my phone doesn't have the hardware ready for the carrier in my country. I still looking for an answer.

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Reactions: fabav

Mark164

Jan 27, 2007
Same problem

This NVM problem new HW and old nvm I got imei repair or unlock.

That's how I went, 20 managed to fix it, but this is not the last one because it is very new.
2-3 week old phone.
Looking for new NVM and efs backup.

Attachments

• i9305.JPG
    i9305.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,556

fennec

Jul 11, 2007
Hi

I have a same problem only 2G network ...

i9305 in 4.3

behind the bug i wan't to unlock phone with Z3X box and i downgrade to 4.1.1 and unlock

but after that il lost 3G and 4G network

do you find a solution

thanks a lot

AP I9305XXUEML8
CP I9305XXALI9
CSC I9305OLBEML6

in french network

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have exactly same problem with silver.. Have you fixed it? I have tried to fix problem some, but nothing looks like gonna fix it...

I have tried everything that was written on the forum..

When I check *#0011# it shows that only GSM900 is available...

Anybody?
    Where did you buy it?. Did you see if the modem frequency of the carrier it's available in your phone?, I got the same problem and it's possible that my phone doesn't have the hardware ready for the carrier in my country. I still looking for an answer.

This is I9305 specifications are not new .
    Check your network before purchase as hardware is not flash able .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_III#Model_variants
    I reperair box nspro working 100!

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9305 przy użyciu Tapatalka
    Only nspro now works to fix it

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9305 przy użyciu Tapatalka
    Same problem here.
    I was told that if someone with a working I9305 will make a quick backup for in QPST which I can restore to your phone it should solve the data issue.

Can any one post q send such backup?
    Thanks

I've found a i9305 nv backup (qcn) made from a working i9305, and flashed it to my device.
    Unfortunately, this didn't fix the network issue. I'm still stuck on 2G (yes, i've restored my IMEI). As ever, everything else seems to be working.

I think that issue may not be NV related. Probably we should look somewhere else... any ideas? :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

I've found a i9305 nv backup (qcn) made from a working i9305, and flashed it to my device.
    Unfortunately, this didn't fix the network issue. I'm still stuck on 2G (yes, i've restored my IMEI). As ever, everything else seems to be working.

I think that issue may not be NV related. Probably we should look somewhere else... any ideas? :rolleyes:

WAIT! WAIT! WAIT! I SEE AN "H"! AND AN "H+" RIGHT NOW! IT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORKS!!!!!!!

FIX FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Restore a working QCN backup (like this one) http://www.mediafire.com/download/4jr3aw8brzsktj4/I9305_M9615ACEHWMAZD179599_6-9-2014_19-53-39.rar through the download tool of the QPST suite
    2. Change the IMEI to match yours. <<<<. DON'T SKIP THIS STEP. There are many way to do this, i used RF NV manager. I can't be more specific since this topic is off-limits on XDA.
    3. Perform a factory reset.

I can't test LTE connection, because where I live there is no coverage, but I'll try as soon as I can.

However, happiness level: >10000 :D:D:D:D