AT&T S4 IS bootloader locked. CONFIRMED according to Samsung and others.

OP ste1164

23rd April 2013, 09:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Darlington
Thanks Meter: 304

2,534 posts
More
According to Koush on his G+ apparently the AT&T and Verizon S4 will be bootloader locked. Whilst the Verizon one probably will be the AT&T one would be a shock. I can't imagine this is true as the other galaxy devices on AT&T haven't been but I thought I'd let people know if this is the case I imagine it will be bypassed :P.

UPDATE: according to the engadget review they contacted Samsung who confirmed the s4 is bootloader locked. http://www.engadget.com/2013/04/24/s...xy-s-4-review/

UPDATE2: according to many sources one being Steve Kondik on he G+ the AT&T S4 is bootloader locked.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/10027530...ts/b4AqTzzVKVS
Last edited by ste1164; 30th April 2013 at 09:15 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ste1164 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2013, 09:12 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 12

44 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ste1164

According to Koush on his G+ apparently the AT&T and Verizon S4 will be bootloader locked. Whilst the Verizon one probably will be the AT&T one would be a shock. I can't imagine this is true as the other galaxy devices on AT&T haven't been but I thought I'd let people know if this is the case I imagine it will be bypassed :P.

I don't think we should be all that concerned if this is true. I am coming from the HTC One X, which was rooted on day 1 on XDA and the bootloader was unlocked on day 3 or day 4 on XDA. If it is locked, it is only a matter of time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rsmolen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2013, 09:33 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Springfield, Ma Likes: AllianceRom :) Dislikes: Kangers
Thanks Meter: 18,897

2,547 posts
Donate to Me
More
if its locked im pretty sure adam will be more than willing to help unlock it like he did for the vzw s3 and note2 considering his main carrier is att

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmolen

I don't think we should be all that concerned if this is true. I am coming from the HTC One X, which was rooted on day 1 on XDA and the bootloader was unlocked on day 3 or day 4 on XDA. If it is locked, it is only a matter of time.

completely different than a htc. they are in no way locked the same way the htc unlock was basically a bypass of how htcdev worked. this will actually take hardware level scanning etc. and then finding an exploit somewhere in the bootloader or the pit
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeansTown106 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2013, 09:37 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 182

1,992 posts
More
Wait, what? Link?
23rd April 2013, 09:55 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 428

1,310 posts
More
Yeah, where are you getting your information?

EDIT: Sorry, just saw the line about Koush on G+.
Last edited by mattdm; 23rd April 2013 at 10:15 PM.
23rd April 2013, 09:56 PM   |  #6  
midwest
Thanks Meter: 325

2,388 posts
More
If true its going back and ill pick up the htc one or just keep my note 2.
The Following User Says Thank You to fix-this! For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2013, 10:08 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 182

1,992 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fix-this!

Now thats a bit drastic lol. By no means does this mean, if its true, that it wouldnt be unlockable very shortly. I'd just like to read something about it though.
23rd April 2013, 10:13 PM   |  #8  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 5

78 posts
Donate to Me
More
I love rumors that people randomly make up.
23rd April 2013, 10:13 PM   |  #9  
midwest
Thanks Meter: 325

2,388 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SysAdmNj

Now thats a bit drastic lol. By no means does this mean, if its true, that it wouldnt be unlockable very shortly. I'd just like to read something about it though.

I guess its just me but i cant do phones that dont have root. But i heard this a week ago on android central too that the verizon & at&t models will be locked up. I was hoping it was wrong.
23rd April 2013, 10:33 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag RSM
Thanks Meter: 2,606

2,976 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fix-this!

if the bootloader is locked you'll go to HTC Lololololol - you are aware that HTC locks all their bootloaders right?and if you wanna flash roms on the go you have to also s-off the device...otherwise you will need a computer for every Rom flash...or flashimagegui.apk if it supports your phone. And lately HTC s-off has required hardware tampering like my HTC vivid...you literally to short the phone while running a program with a wire...HTC is the worst android company (nice phones tho...) But they just lock everything down so hard

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 4 General by ThreadRank