View Poll Results: Does your HTC One's speaker pop/crackle?
Yes 329 52.81%
No 294 47.19%
Voters: 623. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Does your HTC One's speaker pop/crackle?

24th April 2013, 06:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20

145 posts
More
I know there's threads regarding this issue, but I want to see just how many HTC One owners are experiencing this issue exactly. Whenever you play any audio on the HTC One, there tends to be a popping sound after the audio is done, approximately 2 seconds after. It's noticeable in a quiet environment, and also whenever watching YouTube videos the audio cracks.

So, test out your phone. Play any audio on your phone, put your ear close to the front speakers and listen for any crackling or popping once the audio is done.

On a similar note: Those who got the latest OTA update of 1.29, has the update fixed this issue?

Thanks.
24th April 2013, 08:05 AM   |  #2  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 1

27 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danv28

I know there's threads regarding this issue, but I want to see just how many HTC One owners are experiencing this issue exactly. Whenever you play any audio on the HTC One, there tends to be a popping sound after the audio is done, approximately 2 seconds after. It's noticeable in a quiet environment, and also whenever watching YouTube videos the audio cracks.

So, test out your phone. Play any audio on your phone, put your ear close to the front speakers and listen for any crackling or popping once the audio is done.

On a similar note: Those who got the latest OTA update of 1.29, has the update fixed this issue?

Thanks.

Yes, already posted in the other threads. Still waiting on OTA update to see if it helps...
24th April 2013, 08:31 AM   |  #3  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 38

433 posts
More
its the speaker turning off. i just tried the same thing on my galaxy s2 and it made the same sound after 2 seconds.
The Following User Says Thank You to cachookaman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2013, 11:48 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 22

219 posts
I just noticed this today.

Pretty sure the previous handsets didn't have this popping sound. Is it a fault? Seems to be at the end of audio like the volume rocker but I noticed it when in silent aswell . That doesn't make sense.
25th April 2013, 12:32 AM   |  #5  
Flag Darlington
Thanks Meter: 304

2,533 posts
More
I think it's too much power going to the amp. Fixable in a software update I imagine. I just recently noticed my nexus 4 does it from time to time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
25th April 2013, 02:19 AM   |  #6  
Flag Litchfield Park
Thanks Meter: 124

523 posts
Donate to Me
More
I don't know if this is the same thing, but my speaker crackles like crazy at times. For example, if I run this app on my Nexus 7, it sounds normal. Run it on my One, though, and its constantly crackling and sounding like my speakers are blowing out.
25th April 2013, 02:48 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 13

49 posts
Mine doesn't crackle, but one of the speakers (bottom) is louder than the other. Also, the top one completely died a few hours ago, which was remedied by a soft reset. Looking into an exchange.
25th April 2013, 04:00 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 6

21 posts
Mine crackles when I watch YouTube videos too. I haven't noticed it on anywhere else (playing RR3 the sound is good).
25th April 2013, 04:10 AM   |  #9  
Mississauga, on
Thanks Meter: 163

943 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by babajabajaba

Mine crackles when I watch YouTube videos too. I haven't noticed it on anywhere else (playing RR3 the sound is good).

I had the same problem with my Gnex, you can hear it in quite environment. Not just songs, even with touch sounds

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium HD app
25th April 2013, 04:13 AM   |  #10  
Flag Haverhill MA
Thanks Meter: 830

2,879 posts
More
Mine crackles and pops during audio playback, most noticeably YouTube. It doesn't happen every time but it definitely happens every once in awhile.

It's about the only flaw my phone has and I'm going to be patient enough to wait and see if an update corrects this problem. If it doesn't, I think I'll live with it because I'm not extremely picky or OCD like some of the people on here.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

The Following User Says Thank You to shook187 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread