[Q] Root for Asus Fonepad

Tip us?

Sexxmax
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Phone [Q] Root for Asus Fonepad

Hey Guys

I have bought the asus Fonepad which so far is a great device.
But i canīt find any information onn the internet on how to root it.

Could you use a general root for the padfone or do i have to wait for
a special root.

Thank you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sexxmax For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

farberstyle
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I got my Fonepad this morning and its nice, but it needs some developer love to be my daily driver for more than a couple of weeks.

You cant count me in for at least $50 towards the cost of a device if a developer wanted to take it on.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to farberstyle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

muz2000
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexxmax View Post
Hey Guys

I have bought the asus Fonepad which so far is a great device.
But i canīt find any information onn the internet on how to root it.

Could you use a general root for the padfone or do i have to wait for
a special root.

Thank you
I've on this device for cluple of days and it's really a kind of device with great potentials. The screen is nice with good density and the connectivity are all in. The telephony features is unique for this kind of device and the best part is it's running on Intel, I know developers can do wonders on this device and not to forget the price is very affordable. The kernel source code are available at asus website.

So dev's let's start the exciting work and really I need to root my device ASAP.

Thanks for the reading.
The Following User Says Thank You to muz2000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fasda1984
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Asus fonepad

Hi to everyone, i have bought this device too, great phablet but no chance to install Firefox or Firefox beta in order to test flashplayer. It s says damaged or invalid packet. Poor rear camera with NO flash, so guys let me change ideas about this device... i ve tried a lot of version of flash apk with no result. Please help us

Karim Kahale
Old
Thanks Meter 287
Why don't you use this root method http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460

xda-forum-noob
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim Kahale View Post
Tested it on the fonepad. Doesn't work. The shell doesn't show up after booting. Also after "Restore my data" the script doesn't recognize that the restore is done. I have to power off the device manually.

Up to now I haven't found a solution on the net to get root access. I want to use the fonepad with USB OTG to controll a DSLR. If this isn't possible I have to sell it again
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xda-forum-noob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

russel51
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I've ordered it and I'm waiting for the device, I hope that will be opened a dedicated forum!
Coming from P1000 that was kept alive still today with 4.2.2 by amazing developers. I hope this will too.

perlmane
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Default I got one too

I have had mine for a week now and am finding the performance to be a bit sluggish, but not too bad. The total package is quite nice. However, we need to be able to root it to get the most out of it. I will contribute as well.
Regards, Eli

Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-I717
Riding on AT&T

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900V
Riding on VZW

Google Nexus 7 (2013)LTE
Riding on VZW

Samsung Galaxy Camera EK-GC120
Riding on VZW

MS Surface Pro 2 Tablet With Type Cover 2 Keyboard
512 gig plus 64 gig MicroSD

atagent
Old
(Last edited by atagent; 30th April 2013 at 09:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Default How much?

Hi guys, just curious how much you bought the Fonepad for and if anyone using it on T-Mo? If so, what speed are you getting with the HSDPA?

Thanks!

Edit #1: I'm blind, PERLMANE is on T-Mo. What data speeds are you getting?

Edit #2: Oh and can you side loan Flash Player so viewing of websites with Flash content? I read somewhere saying since it's X86 that Flash Player won't work, though I couldn't understand why not.

steve271
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasda1984 View Post
Hi to everyone, i have bought this device too, great phablet but no chance to install Firefox or Firefox beta in order to test flashplayer. It s says damaged or invalid packet. Poor rear camera with NO flash, so guys let me change ideas about this device... i ve tried a lot of version of flash apk with no result. Please help us
I got the same error message when I tried to install Firefox. I looked at the Firefox release notes and it says Firefox does not support Android running on an Intel chip. I had not realised this was going to be a big limitation.

The Following User Says Thank You to steve271 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
fonepad, root