[Q] PORT

Search This thread

ilanderek

Apr 13, 2013
Mexico
Guys is it possible to port the S3 stock camera to other non touchwizz Roms? for example Paranoidkangdroid???

Monkeymannnn

Apr 17, 2012
I had to think long and hard to deliver so eloquent a reply. However, you can't do it because the Samsung camera app relies on these things called frameworks from TW that run the features of the camera. No TW = no way for the phone to make that application work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
I had to think long and hard to deliver so eloquent a reply. However, you can't do it because the Samsung camera app relies on these things called frameworks from TW that run the features of the camera. No TW = no way for the phone to make that application work.

Actually. The main reason it the proprietary drivers that they keep secret so that we cannot use the camera from stock touchwhiz ROMs on AOSP based ROMs. We are stuck use the open source ones that we have available.;)

Reactions: Bruce Lee

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Actually. The main reason it the proprietary drivers that they keep secret so that we cannot use the camera from stock touchwhiz ROMs on AOSP based ROMs. We are stuck use the open source ones that we have available.;)