My Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 Overheating

Tip us?

Sys. Developer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default My Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 Overheating

Hi guys,

I've just now received my Galaxy S4 with Exynos-Octa processor, and from the first minute I noticed overheating specially in the ear area and it's annoying, is anyone faced the same problem?

Thanks a lot
My Devices:
  • Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F 16GB
  • LG G2 16GB
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition P605 32GB

skivnit
Old
Thanks Meter 118
this Is what I was afraid of. On what usage does it over heats?

Swyped from another galaxy
Iphone 4 16gb (gathering dust)
Blackberry 9900 (gathering dust as well)

Galaxy Note (KingDroid V3)
Galaxy S3 (Latest JB leak+ Stock Kernel)
Galaxy Note 2 N7100 (Stock)

Sys. Developer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by skivnit View Post
this Is what I was afraid of. On what usage does it over heats?

Swyped from another galaxy
Just when you turn the screen on and start navigating in apps or even settings, but now after around 1.5 hours of using the heat became much lower! I hope it's a software problem and to be solved soon.
My Devices:
  • LG G2 16GB

Paolonicus
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Exclamation Same issue on Galaxy S3

Perhaps it's because of the location of the SOC, Radio and the battery which all adds up to the heat. Better use with a case.

SohumD
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Just got my phone too there is definite overheating. Just been setting things up and can feel it.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2

Sys. Developer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolonicus View Post
Perhaps it's because of the location of the SOC, Radio and the battery which all adds up to the heat. Better use with a case.
The problem is the heat is from the screen side, sometimes I can't talk with it! hope it's a software problem and to be solved soon
My Devices:
  • LG G2 16GB
The Following User Says Thank You to Sys. Developer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

prodigyX
Old
Thanks Meter 61
I'm having the same heating issue, but I've noticed that I have the famous 'mediaserver battery drain' issue too. Check under "Settings -> More -> Battery" and see if "Mediaserver" is at the top of the list, and if so, what percentage? Mine is sitting at 55%.

I'm down to 31% battery life after 2hrs 43mins of use

I suspect the overheating is a sympton of this misbehaving mediaserver, but I could be wrong
*=- Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 Exynos Octa-Core 32gb BEAST -=*
The Following User Says Thank You to prodigyX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ste1164
Old
Thanks Meter 299
I dont think mediaserver will be the cause of the heat. Probably those processors will be. I think someone had a fix for the media server issue in the N7 forum. The heat will affect the battery life though.

distonocalm
Old
Thanks Meter 2
When I bought the S2 back in 2011 it had the same problem. I've tried numerous ROM's and some were better than others at minimizing the back overheating but none of them completely cured it. Of course each time the phone overheated, the battery took a big hit

I then bought the Note 2 in September last year and Wow! I was impressed...faster CPU yet absolutely no overheating. I thought Samsung has finally solved this issue

Today I bought the S4 and sold the Note 2. What a big mistake! It overheats in almost any application, camera being the worst.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to distonocalm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jooosty
Old
Thanks Meter 72
My wife was questioning about the heating as well. Shes like "feel this! Its warm. " her iphone never heated lol

Sent from my Note 2 hehehe (:
HTC ULTIMEIGHT!

The Following User Says Thank You to Jooosty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]