Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Screen Mirroring on Galaxy S4 [+Games]

OP MaKTaiL

29th April 2013, 05:00 AM   |  #1  
MaKTaiL's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Brasília
Thanks Meter: 1,162
 
2,756 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More




First of all, these are not my videos. All credit goes to saadi703 and his great channel on Youtube.
Screen Mirroring started on Galaxy S3 with the Allshare Cast Dongle equipment.
It is responsible for sharing the screen of your device on your TV through wireless technology.
This Dongle works with Galaxy S3 (720p), Note 2 (720p), Note 10.1 (720p) and Galaxy S4 (1080p).



QUICK TUTORIAL - ALLSHARE CAST DONGLE WITH GALAXY S4 i9500





MODERN COMBAT 4 - i9500





DUNGEON HUNTER 4 - i9500





REAL RACING 3 - i9500

Last edited by MaKTaiL; 29th April 2013 at 06:00 AM.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to MaKTaiL For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2013, 05:02 AM   |  #2  
MaKTaiL's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Brasília
Thanks Meter: 1,162
 
2,756 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
And please guys, if you find any more videos please share it with me and I'll be glad to put it on the first post.
The Following User Says Thank You to MaKTaiL For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2013, 01:04 PM   |  #3  
MaKTaiL's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Brasília
Thanks Meter: 1,162
 
2,756 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
No one interested?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
29th April 2013, 01:14 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Looks amazing, thanks for bringing it up, I didn't know about it. Definitely something I will be checking out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stavut For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2013, 01:21 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Flag RAWALPINDI
Thanks Meter: 542
 
2,951 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
The all share cast dongle is horrible with galaxy s3. I hope it will work well with gs4.
The Following User Says Thank You to sohebq For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2013, 01:30 PM   |  #6  
MaKTaiL's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Brasília
Thanks Meter: 1,162
 
2,756 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohebq

The all share cast dongle is horrible with galaxy s3. I hope it will work well with gs4.

Yeah. I think the problem on the S3 was the bad GPU. The Mali-400 was being recycled since the Galaxy S2. Samsung finally changed it. From the videos I see little to no lag at all. I'm really looking forward to try it myself

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
29th April 2013, 02:51 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag RAWALPINDI
Thanks Meter: 542
 
2,951 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKTaiL

Yeah. I think the problem on the S3 was the bad GPU. The Mali-400 was being recycled since the Galaxy S2. Samsung finally changed it. From the videos I see little to no lag at all. I'm really looking forward to try it myself

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

I need some guide here if you know. I am going to buy s4 and samsung smart tv eh5300 which doesnt have a builtin wifi. To use wifi, I need to buy wifi dongle. So my question is will allshare cast dongle work without wifi dongle or I have to buy both.

sent from: The New S-Pen
29th April 2013, 03:02 PM   |  #8  
MaKTaiL's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Brasília
Thanks Meter: 1,162
 
2,756 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohebq

I need some guide here if you know. I am going to buy s4 and samsung smart tv eh5300 which doesnt have a builtin wifi. To use wifi, I need to buy wifi dongle. So my question is will allshare cast dongle work without wifi dongle or I have to buy both.

sent from: The New S-Pen

The Allshare Cast Dongle and the Wireless Adapter are two different things.
The Allshare Dongle is only responsible for mirroring the screen of your device.
The Wireless Adapter is responsible for getting the wireless internet on your house.
They don't need each other to work.
29th April 2013, 03:09 PM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Flag RAWALPINDI
Thanks Meter: 542
 
2,951 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKTaiL

The Allshare Cast Dongle and the Wireless Adapter are two different things.
The Allshare Dongle is only responsible for mirroring the screen of your device.
The Wireless Adapter is responsible for getting the wireless internet on your house.
They don't need each other to work.

So you mean to say I can still mirror the screen even my tv is not connected to wifi?

sent from: The New S-Pen
29th April 2013, 03:11 PM   |  #10  
MaKTaiL's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Brasília
Thanks Meter: 1,162
 
2,756 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohebq

So you mean to say I can still mirror the screen even my tv is not connected to wifi?

sent from: The New S-Pen

Yes, you just need the Allshare Cast Dongle.
This equipment uses the Wifi Direct technology.

The Following User Says Thank You to MaKTaiL For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes