LAVA E-Tab XTRON & XTRON+ (RK3066)- RileyROM's HERE!!![12.8.13]

OP pradipsoman

29th April 2013, 03:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Thrissur
Thanks Meter: 186

341 posts
More
THIS IS A GUIDE FOR ALL THOSE WHO ARE STRUGGLING TO ROOT AND INSTALL CWM ON THEIR LAVA E-TAB XTRON TABLET'S

Since there was no mention of any successful guys who had done that as this gorgeous and wonderful TAB is relatively a new kid on the block, I had to undertake some risks and had to suffer a hard brick on way, by choosing a wrong parameter file while flashing using rkbatch tools. Luckily my Tab is under guarantee and so the service centre unknowingly gave me a reprieve by re-flashing the stock ROM (I must be the first one to do so). Its been only 5 days since I got it for my son, and I was determined to root and install CWM on it. There has been no support from anyone and surprisingly LAVA does not provide stock firmware (update.img) files for any of their Tab's. Finally my fried Randy from freaktab.com has cooked ROM's for both the XTRON and XTRON+

The LAVA E-Tab XTRON/XTRON+ is basically an RK 3066 chip based Tab which is almost or fully identical to the Z70

CUSTOM ROM'S FOR X-TRON & XTRON+

1) XTRON (4.1.1) (ROOTED WITH CWM) : http://www.freak-tab.de/rrileypm/Lav...leyROM_1.0.zip

2) XTRON+ (4.2.2) (ROOTED): http://www.freak-tab.de/rrileypm/Lav...leyROM_1.0.zip

Special thanks for my friend Randy (http://www.freaktab.com/member.php?1274-rrileypm ) from freaktab.com who has taken special efforts to make ROM's for both the XTRON's in spite of the fact that there are no official ROM downloads for both from LAVA.
Last edited by pradipsoman; 16th August 2013 at 01:51 AM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pradipsoman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2013, 01:26 PM   |  #2  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 22

72 posts
More
I bought this Tab recently. But I cant find drivers for this tab.

I tried connecting the Tab to my laptop with USB debugging on, but the windows doesnt install the drivers automatically.

It searches but fails to identify f the drivers for the device.

Can somebody you help me out with the drivers please...
16th May 2013, 03:40 PM   |  #3  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 252

362 posts
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane582

I bought this Tab recently. But I cant find drivers for this tab.

I tried connecting the Tab to my laptop with USB debugging on, but the windows doesnt install the drivers automatically.

It searches but fails to identify f the drivers for the device.

Can somebody you help me out with the drivers please...

Here are all the drivers you need... Anyone please come up with a STOCK update.img or ROM....? Then I can make custom ROMs for our TAB.
Attached Files
File Type: zip drivers.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.91 MB, 743 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A BigSmoker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2013, 08:42 PM   |  #4  
Flag Hyderabad

72 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by A BigSmoker

Here are all the drivers you need... Anyone please come up with a STOCK update.img or ROM....? Then I can make custom ROMs for our TAB.

Thanks for your response.

The drivers you have provided didnt work for me.

Windows is not recognizing the drivers from the folder you have provided.

Can you please point me out any other way to do this?
26th July 2013, 02:05 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Thrissur

341 posts
More
Angry X-Tron + custom ROM available!
I flashed an X-tron + custom 4.2.2 ROM on my X-tron and it boots and is blazingly fast! The only issues are the following.

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...highlight=Lava

1) Wifi cannot be turned on
2) No Sound
3) Battery indicator not correct

If someone can give a helping hand with suggestions we could have fully working 4.2.2 on X-tron. LAVA guys are terrible and they will never provide us with official 4.2.2 for the X-tron. Guys, 4.2.2 is lighting fast...Any help??
The Following User Says Thank You to pradipsoman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th August 2013, 05:49 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Thrissur

341 posts
More
Custom ROM's posted
4th September 2013, 03:37 AM   |  #7  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 41

124 posts
More
Is there any method to install cwm or root this one, so that a back up can be performed before the flash..??
14th September 2013, 07:53 PM   |  #8  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 783

1,625 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pradipsoman

I flashed an X-tron + custom 4.2.2 ROM on my X-tron and it boots and is blazingly fast! The only issues are the following.

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...highlight=Lava

1) Wifi cannot be turned on
2) No Sound
3) Battery indicator not correct

If someone can give a helping hand with suggestions we could have fully working 4.2.2 on X-tron. LAVA guys are terrible and they will never provide us with official 4.2.2 for the X-tron. Guys, 4.2.2 is lighting fast...Any help??

are you still using the custom one?.... any screen shots will be good...
10th October 2013, 08:35 AM   |  #9  
Flag Hyderabad

72 posts
More
Can you please provide CWM Recovery for XTRON and the way to flash it?
The Following User Says Thank You to shane582 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th November 2013, 12:14 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 20

68 posts
More
4.2.2 for lava etab xtron
Try cm 10.1 on the xtron tab...no bugs no wake-locks and an amazing battery standby time...just lost 6% in the last 8 hours in standby......good aint it??

Only pblm i found was the camera is inverted which is a kernel bug. and some visual artrifacts on rotating....but it aint a big deal breaker since u get amazing battery backup

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alanjolly123 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread