Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,130 Members 52,929 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] USB Debugging Mode Option on the s4

Tip us?

aikwawa
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] USB Debugging Mode Option on the s4

Hello guys, I have quick questions. I have been having a lot of problems with Samsung Kies:
  • picture thumbnails not showing
  • taking forever to sync music
  • abruptly disconnects halfway
  • etc.

And i was reading around, realising that it could be due to the USB debugging mode being switched on. I want to switch it off but cant seem to find it anywhere in the settings menu. I know for previous phones you can do so via settings>applications>usb debuggig mode. However, on the s4, i dont even have the 'settings>applications' option... I only have 'settings>application manager

Help appreciated!

StolenVW
Old
Thanks Meter 401

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aikwawa View Post
Hello guys, I have quick questions. I have been having a lot of problems with Samsung Kies:
  • picture thumbnails not showing
  • taking forever to sync music
  • abruptly disconnects halfway
  • etc.

And i was reading around, realising that it could be due to the USB debugging mode being switched on. I want to switch it off but cant seem to find it anywhere in the settings menu. I know for previous phones you can do so via settings>applications>usb debuggig mode. However, on the s4, i dont even have the 'settings>applications' option... I only have 'settings>application manager

Help appreciated!
USB debug mode is off by default

You have to go to about phone and click on build prop 7 times to enable developer options

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk HD

jejb
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Really odd on this one. Settings > More > About Device and then tap the greyed out "build number" line 7 times. Then go back a screen and you'll see Developer Options as a choice in the "more" menu.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jejb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aikwawa
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jejb View Post
Really odd on this one. Settings > More > About Device and then tap the greyed out "build number" line 7 times. Then go back a screen and you'll see Developer Options as a choice in the "more" menu.
Thanks so much for your help guys!