Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?
Yes, it was very helpful to me. 1,003 64.46%
No, I didn't feel it helped me. 247 15.87%
I don't know. 306 19.67%
Voters: 1556. You may not vote on this poll

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

OP immortalneo

22nd October 2013, 02:13 AM   |  #4641  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 5

37 posts
More
Xposed, 3minit or BOTH!
I am new to Android devices but I am thoroughly enjoying the ability to customize my phone to my liking. I have tried several custom ROMs; Black Box, Wanam Lite and Bobcat. However, I have settled on Foxhound ROM, I find it to be much faster than my stock touch wiz and much more complete and stable than any of the previously mentioned ROMs. With that being said, I have been having a small issue with framework compatibility.

My installation went smooth enough, I am presently running Foxhound v2.0 on My Samsung Galaxy S4 i337m. I used Wanam xposed framework to configure my ROM's feature but, I have been unable to get the 4 way reboot to work. I checked, unchecked and check it again, I even performed a full wipe and reinstall of the ROM to no avail. I then installed 3minit framework 3.4.1 Ml1 FH and I was able to configure and get the 4 way reboot to work.

My question is, "Can I run both Xposed and 3minit frameworks concurrently without experiencing conflict issues in the future?
22nd October 2013, 03:49 AM   |  #4642  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Phone samsung galaxy s blaze root trouble
Alright, im an official noob here and I know theres been alot of posts about roots messing up, and solutions to fixing them. However, i currently have the samsung galaxy s blaze and rooted it to the custom rom from konane using the odis program, it said passed and auto rebooted my phone, but when it gets to the home screen where you touch the android to set up your phone like its brand new, when i hit the android bot all that happens is a message force closing a bunch of apps appear. i can get to the download mode to install new roms and i've tried to re root back to the stock rom but now my computer doesnt recognize my phone. i've downloaded and installed the samsung drivers from several different forums including the ones recommended here but still nothing. what im wondering is if theres a way to install the rom or driver from an sd card to the phone or something else that im missing, or is my phone just screwed? any and all help is greatly appreciated.
22nd October 2013, 06:26 AM   |  #4643  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
I have newman n2 and have installed MIUI rom. But whenever i install miui roms i get two annoying problems. Firstly, i can't adjist volume during calls and secondly theres up to a 10 seconds delay before the phone is picked up or hang up

Sent from my Newman N2 using Tapatalk 2
22nd October 2013, 11:41 AM   |  #4644  
Privacy
Thanks Meter: 602

1,622 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfnuut

Hi
I have an S4 and tried the ECHOE ROM V5 but had issues with no phone signal and even no provider recognised.
I see there is a recommendation that the stock modem be flashed after the rom
Then I note many issues for some that have flashed the modem
I am in Australia and wonder is the 'stock modem' the same world wide or do I need something specific
ECHOE Rom V3.1 works just fine and I have reverted to that but would like to keep up with the current offerings
I hate maing one line comments just to get the post count up so I can't post in that forum as yet
Any help/advice would be appreciated
Thank You

First Clear cache and fix permissions via rom manager or cwm

and see does that helps..

Yes flashing the modem will work ,
So just flash the modem from ur region specific stock rom only or the global rom or world..

and post

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuktaylor07

Alright, im an official noob here and I know theres been alot of posts about roots messing up, and solutions to fixing them. However, i currently have the samsung galaxy s blaze and rooted it to the custom rom from konane using the odis program, it said passed and auto rebooted my phone, but when it gets to the home screen where you touch the android to set up your phone like its brand new, when i hit the android bot all that happens is a message force closing a bunch of apps appear. i can get to the download mode to install new roms and i've tried to re root back to the stock rom but now my computer doesnt recognize my phone. i've downloaded and installed the samsung drivers from several different forums including the ones recommended here but still nothing. what im wondering is if theres a way to install the rom or driver from an sd card to the phone or something else that im missing, or is my phone just screwed? any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Fix permissions from rom manager or cwm, twrp and clean cache. Remember clear only cache .

IT happens when system is flashed and permissions are not correct and force close occurs.

And see does that help

And post here..

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlbrownsugar

I am new to Android devices but I am thoroughly enjoying the ability to customize my phone to my liking. I have tried several custom ROMs; Black Box, Wanam Lite and Bobcat. However, I have settled on Foxhound ROM, I find it to be much faster than my stock touch wiz and much more complete and stable than any of the previously mentioned ROMs. With that being said, I have been having a small issue with framework compatibility.

My installation went smooth enough, I am presently running Foxhound v2.0 on My Samsung Galaxy S4 i337m. I used Wanam xposed framework to configure my ROM's feature but, I have been unable to get the 4 way reboot to work. I checked, unchecked and check it again, I even performed a full wipe and reinstall of the ROM to no avail. I then installed 3minit framework 3.4.1 Ml1 FH and I was able to configure and get the 4 way reboot to work.

My question is, "Can I run both Xposed and 3minit frameworks concurrently without experiencing conflict issues in the future?

U may run them but they would conflict at soe point..

So use them until it doesn't and when it does then use only once or it will mess up the os..

try and post here

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

[QUOTE=zidan92;46685030]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDICT.ANK

Thanks for your reply, the problem started when I tried to flash an ics version to the phone, the phone suddenly turned off then I could never boot-up to it again. I tried what you mentioned earlier using the power +vol up nothing happened, and yes it charges via PC, I also tried the fastboot mode with no success unfortunately, through the usage of different cables.

Use a original cable either a samsung one but not any other as it may not support..

Also a different pc and a diff. usb port.
and reinstall drivers for both fastboot and flash mode. As it could be because of the cable or usb port or drivers sometime.
and did the power + vol up till 3 vibes trick..u did that or not?

Do one thing take rubber band put it on the device so that it keeps the vol down key pressed and wait for a short peroid 5-10 mins for entering flashmode and see...

And post

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by keifus.rahn

Try my thread before you flash the nandroid and system and boot img http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2426426

Download= nandroid_md5.rar - /\ system.img and boot.img
Boot into Recovery go to "Mounts and Storage" plug your device into your computer and scroll to mount SD card and click on it. Then place the "nandroid,zip" and the "boot img" on your SD card then click unmount SD card and do a full wipe= wipe data / factory reset wipe dalvic catchy and format system then flash your nandroid and boot img then go to advanced fix permissions and reboot.

or you can use this flash tool if your device has usb debugging on flash tool

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

My bad Guess i was still working on it when you posted lol

Sorry my bad..

go on with it..
Cheers

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinaragunlark

Heya. So I successfully got pac-man going and everything is nice except for the wifi. I believe it had something to do with the radio frequency?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Fix permissions and set the wifi manually..

And see..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ADDICT.ANK For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd October 2013, 12:49 PM   |  #4645  

13 posts
Note 3 "Vega" upgrade
Hi friends, I'm newbee and I can't post to VEGA original thread, so I do it here:

The situation is:
I have a Note 3 (from Vodafone Spain) with N9005XXUBMI7
I already installed N9005XXUBMI7_VEGA
CSC N9005VFGBMI1
Installed root
Knox 0x0

The question is:
Can I put N9005XXUBMJ3_VEGA over this?
What CSC should I flash with this version?

Thank's for this great work against Knox!
22nd October 2013, 01:34 PM   |  #4646  
Thanks Meter: 32

182 posts
More
So i was able to fix moat of my problems thanks to you people
But as yyou know i have 'participated' in this thread but it does not appear on my liat neither on the app nor on web. Here is a pic of what i mean Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1382441609392.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	2342514
As you can see this thread does not appear. Any reason for that?
Also if a cook a ROM in the UOT Kitchen and apply it using CWM. How do i revert back to my original rom? Like the stock one? Thanks
Sent from my GT-S7562 using xda app-developers app
22nd October 2013, 02:13 PM   |  #4647  

6 posts
[QUOTE=ADDICT.ANK;46675376]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow256

CLEAR CACHE AND ALSO BACKUP UR DATA IF THERE ISN'T ANY MADE TILL YET..VIA STOCK RECOVERY AND AFTER THAT CLEAR DATA. THEN REBOOT

HOME +POWER+VOL UP.

OR

IF IT DOESN'T HELP THEN FLASH THE STOCK FRAMEWORK.ZIP VIA STOCK RECOVERY BACK.

U'LL FIND IT HERE ON XDA EASILY..
I'LL POST THE LINK IF I GET 1.

AND POST HERE

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

How did it happen?

May i know , as it will be helpful.

Does the phone charges via pc or not.

Press power + vol up till 3 vibes and reboot..

Also try to boot in fastboot mode with vol up keys while inserting usb and see does it enters fastboot or not..

And try again for flashmode ( vol down while plugging usb )

also try a diff usb port..

Perform these and post here

[QUOTE=ADDICT.ANK;46701778]First Clear cache and fix permissions via rom manager or cwm

and see does that helps..

Yes flashing the modem will work ,
So just flash the modem from ur region specific stock rom only or the global rom or world..

and post

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Fix permissions from rom manager or cwm, twrp and clean cache. Remember clear only cache .

IT happens when system is flashed and permissions are not correct and force close occurs.

And see does that help

And post here..

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

U may run them but they would conflict at soe point..

So use them until it doesn't and when it does then use only once or it will mess up the os..

try and post here

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zidan92

Use a original cable either a samsung one but not any other as it may not support..

Also a different pc and a diff. usb port.
and reinstall drivers for both fastboot and flash mode. As it could be because of the cable or usb port or drivers sometime.
and did the power + vol up till 3 vibes trick..u did that or not?

Do one thing take rubber band put it on the device so that it keeps the vol down key pressed and wait for a short peroid 5-10 mins for entering flashmode and see...

And post

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Sorry my bad..

go on with it..
Cheers

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Fix permissions and set the wifi manually..

And see..

I tried the rubber band trick, what I get when pressing the power+ holding the volume up key is " Device connected with USB debugging off For 2011 devices line, be sure you are not in MTP mode " then "Device disconnected" as in the phone the light neither changes nor the phone stops its boot loop.
22nd October 2013, 02:25 PM   |  #4648  
Thanks Meter: 2

45 posts
When is the exact date kit kat is comming out ota?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
22nd October 2013, 03:36 PM   |  #4649  
Thanks Meter: 2

25 posts
I tried to swap SD and internal memory using the Xperia M Swap guide in --http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2430046&page=1
However, i have a problem in the last step where instead of a complete memory swap i am left with 2.05GB in Internal and External. I use 16GB Class 10 Sandisk card.

This is whats written in that txt file-

mount -t vfat -o umask=0000 /dev/block/vold/179:33

/storage/sdcard0
mount -o bind /data/media /storage/sdcard1

When i run it i get the message-
exec sh '/data/extsd2internalsd_xz'
extsd2internalsd_xz.txt'
mount: No such file or directory

My wifi also activates whenver i start my phone, and sometimes wifi will enable automatically.
22nd October 2013, 04:28 PM   |  #4650  
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
Phone won't stay turned off
Hello, noob here and like most I've got myself in bit of a trouble. My phone isn't bricked or anything but due to some reason it won't charge when it is turned off, it turns on automatically. Battery life and charging is just fine however it is a little annoying that is doesn't stay powered down when i want to charge it turned off. My phone is a mtk 6589 phone with stock jb 4.1.2 With clock work mod and and custom logo.bin file which i flashed using boot logo creator. Is there anyway i can get it back to work normal? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers
Previous Thread Next Thread