Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Nervous about unlocking an XDAII

OP Jules John

1st June 2004, 10:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
UK
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi All,

I am thinking of purchasing an XDAII for use with a Vodafone sim. Having read some of the more recent postings, I am somewhat nervous about performing an unlock operation.....is it easy and idiot-proof?

I look forward to receiving some words to the wise, of encouragement, and for the technically not-that-savvy.

Best regards,

Jules
ops:
2nd June 2004, 01:22 AM   |  #2  
Gloucestershire England.
Thanks Meter: 21

2,749 posts
The xda2 unlock is very safe because it doesnt write anything to the phone, it extracts the code and you enter it as you would if given it by your own service provider.
2nd June 2004, 08:38 AM   |  #3  
Earth... I think
Thanks Meter: 1

137 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisin-thru

The xda2 unlock is very safe because it doesnt write anything to the phone, it extracts the code and you enter it as you would if given it by your own service provider.

Actually this is not completely true. There are two versions for unlocking an XDA 2. Unfortunately named the same (xda2unlock.exe), but they can be found in two separate threads in this subforum. Read the first post carefully. The latest version is: http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=6963

The newer version writes a lock 00000000 to the phone and then unlocks it. However, this process is still quite secure. I have had no report of a phone not working due to unlocking. All problems were in the end related to SIM cards not working (old or blocked) or the phone itself being blocked (insurance claim). One problem that still remains is that Orange phones do not seem to unlock (but the phone remains working normally). That is being worked on.
2nd June 2004, 10:48 AM   |  #4  

167 posts
Don't worry about it, I did the same thing...

Bought XDAII from BT with their sim, hoping to be able to unlock it to use my company Voda sim. I was concerened that if it didn't work I would be left with a unit and phone contract i couldn't really use.

I took the chance anyway. It took me approx 3 minutes to unlock the unit and get my voda sim running. The unlock rogram worked perfect first time!
2nd June 2004, 10:48 AM   |  #5  

167 posts
Don't worry about it, I did the same thing...

Bought XDAII from BT with their sim, hoping to be able to unlock it to use my company Voda sim. I was concerened that if it didn't work I would be left with a unit and phone contract i couldn't really use.

I took the chance anyway. It took me approx 3 minutes to unlock the unit and get my voda sim running. The unlock rogram worked perfect first time!
2nd June 2004, 11:23 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
UK

3 posts
thanks folks - much appreciated!!!!!
2nd June 2004, 11:28 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
UK

3 posts
thanks folks - much appreciated!!!!!
19th August 2004, 01:00 AM   |  #8  

5 posts
Is there a way to unlock a Tmobile simlock on an xda 2 ???
XDA II :cry:
ROM Ver 1.60.00WWE
ROM Date 12/03/03
Radio Ver 1.10.00
protocol Ver 1337.18
ExtRom Ver 1.60.50

Can anyone help please - I purchased a XDA II from MRT - Murphys Respectable Traders! as few weeks ago and only an 02 SIM worked.
I use T-Mobile and with the help of xda2unlock, managed to use Tmobile for 2 weeks then it stopped in/out going calls. The Sim still works in other phones though.
Is there a way to fix this ?[/b]
19th August 2004, 06:04 AM   |  #9  
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Thanks Meter: 3

515 posts
That doesn't sound like a SIM lock issue. Never heard of a SIM lock coming back later, and you should get an error message if it is locked, not just a call failure. You should probably post a new thread with details on your problem.
21st August 2004, 03:44 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 2

90 posts
Guys, Appolgies if this is seen as a thread hi-jack, not my intention.

I have XDA II with the device information
ROM version 1.60.00WWE
ROM Date 12/03/03
Radio Version 1.10.00
Protocol Version 1337.18
ExtROM Version 1.60.50

I have run the XDA II unlock exe version 2.2 and then run the unlock program on the device, it says it's unlocked, The thing is I can't get a signal from Virgin Mobile, it works fine using my o2 sim card from other XDA II, has anybody successfully unlocked and used the XDA II on the virgin network, the sim is a Pay and you Go.

Any help and advice much apreciated.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread