BlueBerry NetCat M-12 FirmWare Development
Dear open developers community I managet to fully root BlueBerry NetCat M-12
Tablet PC (a.k.a rebranded Cube H30GT) using "remount" exploit, here is my contribute:
* Android SDK with ADB (guess you have this, if not, main files are included in permaroot.zip attached below)
* RockChip RK3066 USB Driver (see attachments below)
* Root/UnRoot script (thanks to Bin4ry from this thread
, see attachments below)
* Micro USB Cable to connect Tablet and Windows Desktop PC (Linux is unsupported for now due to manufacturer limited driver distribution)
1. Using this tutorial will make firmware/software changes on your device(s) but I am not responsible for any damage it could cause.
2. Following steps below will probably VOID YOUR WARRANTY. Read carefully your reseller warranty terms and conditions, and make your decision. It is all up to you.
3. I am not obligated to respond to future questions and/or support, it is my time and good will. If you must, ask here in this thread, there is no need to send me private messages to me because i wont read them at all.
4. You will spot that i dont recommend making any nand backups in this howto - is because I am not aware of any working method for backup M-12. I onlu can imagine dumping whole partition images to your EXTERNAL_SD and flashing back through bootloader but I did not tested that for now.
On your tablet PC go Settings -> Developer Options -> Turn on USB Debugging
Now You need to manage your Android Debug Bridge recognize your Tablet PC. You can check if it already works by typing this command in command prompt (in ADB folder, or wherever if you extracted adb into windows/system32)
It should give you list of attached devices (something like this: 0123456789ABCDEF device) you should recognize your device if is connected. From my experiences it wont work the way manufacturer described, therefore you need to install patched RK3066 SoC driver you downloaded (this post below). To do so you must right click on My Computer -> Manage -> Device Manager, find your Unknown Device and install driver manually by selecting search folder manually, where you extracted RK3066_ADB_PATCHED.rar content respectively to your OS version (use correct 32-bit or 64-bit driver). Reboot your PC, go to device manager to check if Android Debug Bridge is there:
And You can repeat "adb devices" once again in adb to verify:
Now is time to obtain temporary root. To do so, simply navigate command prompt to wherever You extracted adb.exe and type following command:
It uses common JB exploit, which exists in BlueBerry NetCat M-12, alowing you to get temporary root access via ADB shell until next reboot. You can stop at this point and push any system file You want (ie /system/etc/hosts) and set permissions. But if you want permanently rooted device, you need to push SuperSU.apk, su, busybox,... manually via adb before next reboot. Lucky for you, there is a script (permaroot.zip thanks to Bin4ry) which can do it all automatic with just few clicks. Download it from attachment below, extract somewhere on your hard drive run permaroot.bat and have fun.
++ Flashing through Bootloader (via RockChip Batch Tools) HowTo ++
++ Illustrated Hardware disassembly guide ++
++ There is one custom ROM ported for another device and tested by me, which works in M-12 like a charm. It is purified JB ROM, rooted and without bloatware. I will post it ASAP ++
++ If i be able to obtain original Blueberry firmware dump, i will make CWM Touch based recovery image. Any interested owner of original BlueBerry NetCat should supply me with F/W dump, so if you are one, PM me please ++
++ If I be able to make Cube CWM Touch recovery work I will share (I managed to extract and install it from supersport900 ROM but it wont mount partitions for some reason) ++