FORUMS

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

Is everyone else having issues with lag?

92 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
 
By SkriblZz, Member on 1st May 2013, 11:22 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I went from the HTC One to this, and I am a little disappointed here. The HTC One was beautiful, great, etc, but I went with this phone for a a more future proof reason. The thing I am confused about is how is this phone lagging? The One did not lag, and I am not by any means trying to start up a debate between the two, but why does this phone lag? Anybody experiencing odd lag? (opening closing apps have a hiccup, widgets, scrolling)

The screen seems to have a good amount of ghosting, but I assume that is because this is a PenTile super saturated screen, so it won't be as smooth movement as an LCD screen. (I freakin' love this screen, by the way)

Also, Samsung, I know if I raise the volume it could possible damage my ears, quit popping a message up every time I do this.

Also...

For the stock browser and Chrome, the screen slightly dims itself upon opening, doesn't do it with Firefox though.

Small things, small gripes. These small grips bothering anyone else?

It seems odd, this is my first Samsung device, but it seems like it's not a consistent experience. It just launched, I know, but I did not think one of the big brands would have these issues.
 
 
1st May 2013, 11:46 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkriblZz

I went from the HTC One to this, and I am a little disappointed here. The HTC One was beautiful, great, etc, but I went with this phone for a a more future proof reason. The thing I am confused about is how is this phone lagging? The One did not lag, and I am not by any means trying to start up a debate between the two, but why does this phone lag? Anybody experiencing odd lag? (opening closing apps have a hiccup, widgets, scrolling)

The screen seems to have a good amount of ghosting, but I assume that is because this is a PenTile super saturated screen, so it won't be as smooth movement as an LCD screen. (I freakin' love this screen, by the way)

Also, Samsung, I know if I raise the volume it could possible damage my ears, quit popping a message up every time I do this.

Also...

For the stock browser and Chrome, the screen slightly dims itself upon opening, doesn't do it with Firefox though.

Small things, small gripes. These small grips bothering anyone else?

It seems odd, this is my first Samsung device, but it seems like it's not a consistent experience. It just launched, I know, but I did not think one of the big brands would have these issues.

unfortunately, yes
result of all the heavy touchwiz & bloat, i would assume.
1st May 2013, 11:52 PM |#3  
SkriblZz's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkriblZz

I went from the HTC One to this, and I am a little disappointed here. The HTC One was beautiful, great, etc, but I went with this phone for a a more future proof reason. The thing I am confused about is how is this phone lagging? The One did not lag, and I am not by any means trying to start up a debate between the two, but why does this phone lag? Anybody experiencing odd lag? (opening closing apps have a hiccup, widgets, scrolling)

The screen seems to have a good amount of ghosting, but I assume that is because this is a PenTile super saturated screen, so it won't be as smooth movement as an LCD screen. (I freakin' love this screen, by the way)

Also, Samsung, I know if I raise the volume it could possible damage my ears, quit popping a message up every time I do this.

Also...

For the stock browser and Chrome, the screen slightly dims itself upon opening, doesn't do it with Firefox though.

Small things, small gripes. These small grips bothering anyone else?

It seems odd, this is my first Samsung device, but it seems like it's not a consistent experience. It just launched, I know, but I did not think one of the big brands would have these issues.

Bah, I'm in the wrong section, could a mod please move?
1st May 2013, 11:56 PM |#4  
scott14719's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 816
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkriblZz

Bah, I'm in the wrong section, could a mod please move?

Also, there are several threads with this subject in them already. Please use the search function to help learn more about the problem you are experiencing.
2nd May 2013, 12:08 AM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Yup, bloatware. My Galaxy S3 running CM 10.1 was FAST. Patiently waiting.
2nd May 2013, 12:31 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
well htc one is in android 2.1 now it may have the same problem when you upgrade to 4.2 I guess .
To solve the lag, you may turn on Force Gpu option in developer setting, but it causes battery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
2nd May 2013, 01:31 AM |#7  
SkriblZz's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uclaxiwen

well htc one is in android 2.1 now it may have the same problem when you upgrade to 4.2 I guess .
To solve the lag, you may turn on Force Gpu option in developer setting, but it causes battery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

That did nothing, but I changed the animations to 0.5x and they go so quick, I don't notice it anymore. I sincerely hope that Samsung/AT&T push out something to fix this, I don't feel like a phone with an overclocked Snapdragon 600 should be going through this.
2nd May 2013, 01:34 AM |#8  
martinezma99's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Charleston, SC
Thanks Meter: 163
 
More
Set animations to zero and the phone will be even quicker. You won't miss a thing. Good luck.
2nd May 2013, 01:41 AM |#9  
MattMJB0188's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 216
 
More
The lag is very bad. It really makes me wanna throw this device against the wall. Coming from an S3 and Note 2 this feels like a huge downgrade, seriously.

I do know though that now that the boot loader has been unlocked, developers can start making custom roms. That and I know there will be many updates. The lag will not last forever.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinezma99

Set animations to zero and the phone will be even quicker. You won't miss a thing. Good luck.

That doesn't do anything. The browser, messaging app, and gallery all lag within. Samsung needs to properly optimize their software for the Snapdragon 600.
2nd May 2013, 02:11 AM |#10  
americasteam's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bowling Green, KY
Thanks Meter: 371
 
More
If your using Nova launcher, go to Nova Settings - Look and Feel - App Animations. Change it to ICS or slide. This has removed any stutter for me with the opening and closing app transitions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
2nd May 2013, 02:23 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by americasteam

If your using Nova launcher, go to Nova Settings - Look and Feel - App Animations. Change it to ICS or slide. This has removed any stutter for me with the opening and closing app transitions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

You guys aren't addressing his main problem. He's upset about lag within the apps themselves.

To Op, just be patient and either Samsung or devs here will address it. It's clearly software related.
Also, the screen darkening happens if you have certain battery saving things turned on. Is your energy saver on?

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes