Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Is everyone else having issues with lag?

OP SkriblZz

2nd May 2013, 12:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

92 posts
I went from the HTC One to this, and I am a little disappointed here. The HTC One was beautiful, great, etc, but I went with this phone for a a more future proof reason. The thing I am confused about is how is this phone lagging? The One did not lag, and I am not by any means trying to start up a debate between the two, but why does this phone lag? Anybody experiencing odd lag? (opening closing apps have a hiccup, widgets, scrolling)

The screen seems to have a good amount of ghosting, but I assume that is because this is a PenTile super saturated screen, so it won't be as smooth movement as an LCD screen. (I freakin' love this screen, by the way)

Also, Samsung, I know if I raise the volume it could possible damage my ears, quit popping a message up every time I do this.

Also...

For the stock browser and Chrome, the screen slightly dims itself upon opening, doesn't do it with Firefox though.

Small things, small gripes. These small grips bothering anyone else?

It seems odd, this is my first Samsung device, but it seems like it's not a consistent experience. It just launched, I know, but I did not think one of the big brands would have these issues.
2nd May 2013, 12:46 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 50

374 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkriblZz

I went from the HTC One to this, and I am a little disappointed here. The HTC One was beautiful, great, etc, but I went with this phone for a a more future proof reason. The thing I am confused about is how is this phone lagging? The One did not lag, and I am not by any means trying to start up a debate between the two, but why does this phone lag? Anybody experiencing odd lag? (opening closing apps have a hiccup, widgets, scrolling)

The screen seems to have a good amount of ghosting, but I assume that is because this is a PenTile super saturated screen, so it won't be as smooth movement as an LCD screen. (I freakin' love this screen, by the way)

Also, Samsung, I know if I raise the volume it could possible damage my ears, quit popping a message up every time I do this.

Also...

For the stock browser and Chrome, the screen slightly dims itself upon opening, doesn't do it with Firefox though.

It seems odd, this is my first Samsung device, but it seems like it's not a consistent experience. It just launched, I know, but I did not think one of the big brands would have these issues.

unfortunately, yes
result of all the heavy touchwiz & bloat, i would assume.
2nd May 2013, 12:52 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

92 posts
Quote:

Also...

Bah, I'm in the wrong section, could a mod please move?
2nd May 2013, 12:56 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 815

2,064 posts
Quote:

Bah, I'm in the wrong section, could a mod please move?

Also, there are several threads with this subject in them already. Please use the search function to help learn more about the problem you are experiencing.
2nd May 2013, 01:08 AM   |  #5  

40 posts
Yup, bloatware. My Galaxy S3 running CM 10.1 was FAST. Patiently waiting.
2nd May 2013, 01:31 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
well htc one is in android 2.1 now it may have the same problem when you upgrade to 4.2 I guess .
To solve the lag, you may turn on Force Gpu option in developer setting, but it causes battery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
2nd May 2013, 02:31 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

92 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uclaxiwen

well htc one is in android 2.1 now it may have the same problem when you upgrade to 4.2 I guess .
To solve the lag, you may turn on Force Gpu option in developer setting, but it causes battery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

That did nothing, but I changed the animations to 0.5x and they go so quick, I don't notice it anymore. I sincerely hope that Samsung/AT&T push out something to fix this, I don't feel like a phone with an overclocked Snapdragon 600 should be going through this.
2nd May 2013, 02:34 AM   |  #8  
Flag Charleston, SC
Thanks Meter: 133

483 posts
More
Set animations to zero and the phone will be even quicker. You won't miss a thing. Good luck.
2nd May 2013, 02:41 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 208

1,353 posts
More
The lag is very bad. It really makes me wanna throw this device against the wall. Coming from an S3 and Note 2 this feels like a huge downgrade, seriously.

I do know though that now that the boot loader has been unlocked, developers can start making custom roms. That and I know there will be many updates. The lag will not last forever.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinezma99

Set animations to zero and the phone will be even quicker. You won't miss a thing. Good luck.

That doesn't do anything. The browser, messaging app, and gallery all lag within. Samsung needs to properly optimize their software for the Snapdragon 600.
2nd May 2013, 03:11 AM   |  #10  
Flag Bowling Green, KY
Thanks Meter: 364

1,265 posts
More
If your using Nova launcher, go to Nova Settings - Look and Feel - App Animations. Change it to ICS or slide. This has removed any stutter for me with the opening and closing app transitions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread