Activesync XDA II problems - a coincidence ?
I have exactly the same problem. I'm not sure exactly when it started, but I think it was about a week ago.
I've done hard resets on the XDA and tried everything I could think of, but still can't get it working. Up until about a week or so ago it was all working fine and had been for months.
Some of the things I have tried have been :
- hard reset the XDA.
- uninstall activesync 3.71, delete the activesync dir, download a fresh copy and install.
- do the above but using version 3.7
- delete partnership.
- delete the PPC device from Device Manager and start again.
- switch off AV software, firewall etc
- uninstall and re-install Outlook 2000.
- uninstall Outlook and install Outlook 2002
- Tried connecting using IR instead of USB
- Tried BT but the port sets itself up as COM10 which AS cannot see !
- numerous other things that I won't bore you with !
Nothing works. I get a brief glimmer of hope and then it packs up again.
I'm using a Toshiba Satellite Pro with XP Pro and I was at the point where I was about to back up back up my personal files and use the system restore disk on it. I was chatting to a friend this afternoon and mentioned my problem. He told me that there are a number of people in his office, all of them have XDA II's, and all of them have got this exact same problem. All of them had a working and stable Activesync until about a week or so ago and now NONE of them can get connected and have the same problems that you described.
This seems more than a coincidence to me and doesn't sound to me like an XDA problem. Could this be some Microsoft updates / patches that have screwed things up ?
BTW - the XDA seems rather useless when you can't get any software or data in or out of it !