Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,324 Members 42,544 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

all the talk about lag?

Tip us?

Bigtjmc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42

DONATE TO ME
Default all the talk about lag?

When I see this i guess either mine is fine or I dont know what they are looking at . Some one could let me know what the lag is so I can check mine.

lilmikey201
Old
Thanks Meter 36

DONATE TO ME
I get no lag at all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda premium
Check Out My Vlog Channel

americasteam
Old
Thanks Meter 333
Yay!!!! Another lag/no lag thread!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to americasteam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tdesbien31
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtjmc View Post
When I see this i guess either mine is fine or I dont know what they are looking at . Some one could let me know what the lag is so I can check mine.
Its everywhere.... Where do I start? there is a delay unlocking the phone once your finger swipes, opening apps is slow, pressing home button to return to home screen is delayed (after disabling the home button in svoice), pulling the notification window down randomly stutters. Most of these are random and inconsistant, but 1 that I have found is ALWAYS an issue is in the Samsung Browser. Do this to see the lag. at the top there is the window notification in the broswer that shows how many open windows there are. Press it and see how long it takes to display the other windows.

The lag is everywhere... Had I not returned my HTC One to get this I would return it in a second, but they wont accept a second return now, so im stuck with a crap phone....

Bigtjmc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42

DONATE TO ME
Im sorry that everyone is having these issues but mine seems fine and if it is lagging then maybe im not a super user and to me it dont seem to be a problem , my only issue is the keypad I keep hitting the numbers when typing and letters when spacing . And the windows tab opens pretty quick to me bout .9 of a second and it opens.

tdesbien31
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtjmc View Post
Im sorry that everyone is having these issues but mine seems fine and if it is lagging then maybe im not a super user and to me it dont seem to be a problem , my only issue is the keypad I keep hitting the numbers when typing and letters when spacing . And the windows tab opens pretty quick to me bout .9 of a second and it opens.
use a different browser and see how fast it is. Thats the problem .9 seconds is lag, I guess were use to different speeds. If you are coming from a craptastic phone that had alot of lag you wont notice it as much as someone who is use to a fast phone like a Nexus 4 or HTC One. Those phones are blazing, and honestly my old Note 2 was faster than this S4.

mcaleer1
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdesbien31 View Post
Its everywhere.... Where do I start? there is a delay unlocking the phone once your finger swipes, opening apps is slow, pressing home button to return to home screen is delayed (after disabling the home button in svoice), pulling the notification window down randomly stutters. Most of these are random and inconsistant, but 1 that I have found is ALWAYS an issue is in the Samsung Browser. Do this to see the lag. at the top there is the window notification in the broswer that shows how many open windows there are. Press it and see how long it takes to display the other windows.

The lag is everywhere... Had I not returned my HTC One to get this I would return it in a second, but they wont accept a second return now, so im stuck with a crap phone....
After playing a bit with the one I do agree that it is quite a bit snappier however something about it just seemed boring. As for the lock screen I do agree and I was able to help the issue a bit by switching to the ripple effect apposed to light under lockscreen effect. Also switching to thumb keyboard greatly improved speed there. However after using it for a few days the little bit of lag either gotten better or I just notice less.

Bigtjmc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42

DONATE TO ME
Might be just that , ive been on a htc vivid since November 2011 and it got to be a pain in the arse to use. Hopefully they will have something that will fix it soon.

Bataga
Old
Thanks Meter 692
No lag here, but I've said that already.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda premium
"Let Freedom Ring With A Shotgun Blast!" \m/ \m/
Note N900T
i337 Gee Es Four
NexuS 10
Note i717
Note N900A w/ VIPER AUDIO!! (mp3 player )

bothfly
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I just came from an iPhone 5 and the GS4 is already back in the box. I used it for one day and it was pretty bad. I guess if I had used it longer I might have gotten used to the slowness of it but the fact that SVoice and Google Voice search didn't work over bluetooth in my car like Siri and Google do on my iPhone made me return it.

The Following User Says Thank You to bothfly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe