[APP][2.1+] Online Nandroid Backup app
Hey guys here is the official Online Nandroid Backup app support thread!
Nandroid backups are usually performed in recovery mode. This means you would have to turn off your phone and reboot in recovery mode, which wastes a whole lot of time rebooting and a lot more time offline. With this tool you can do nandroid backups without switching off your device.
THIS APP REQUIRES A ROOTED DEVICE WITH BUSYBOX!
* Creates backups in the CMW 5 and 6 style or TWRP!
* Full support of the onandroid script.
* Create custom names for your backups.
* Choose what partitions get backed up.
The onandroid script was developed by Ameer Dawood. The original XDA post can be found at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1620255
Important: This tool requires a rooted phone with busybox to work!
* Nandroid backups can now be uploaded without having to be zipped.
* Vibrate and LED notification for nandroid backup complete can now be turned off in the settings.
* Added upload only when charging option to Tasker plugin and scheduled backups.
* Fixed bug that prevented the tasker plugin from not working.
* Removed ActionBarSherlock and replaced it with ActionBarCompat.
* Added support for Tasker!
* Scheduled backups can now be canceled from the notification bar. (Android 4.1+)
* Added elapsed time timer to nandroid backup so uses can see how long the backup has taken so far.
* Change log dialog will now show once the app as been updated.
* Fixed user reported bugs.
* Added ability to set custom name of backup as build display id string.
* Time for scheduled backup is now displayed in 12 or 24 hour format depending on your system prefrences.
* Default partitions can now be set in default settings for seletive backups.
* Improved backup process. App makes sure dedupe and patch are installed before starting a nandroid backup.
* Fixed bug that caused scheduled backup to run at boot and random times of the day." +
* Fixed bug that caused scheduled backup to to not roll over to next month. <b>Please click on Manage Scheduled Backup and click set to set the next scheduled backup to the correct time!</b>
* Fixed bug that caused the app to delete newly created nandroid backup when trying to enforce a backup retnetion policy of 1.
* App has graduated from beta!
* Added option to backup retention that lets user specify whether to enforce backup retention policy before or after nandroid backup has finished.
* Fixed bug that cuased scheduled backup to show notification even if the auto backup is not running.
* Manual selection of device for device patch has been re added.
* Fixed bug that caused scheduled backups to trigger at wrong times after first scheduled backup. (Please remove current scheduled backup and set a new one for bug to be fixed on your device)
* Added option to scheduled backup to only backup if device is charging.
* Fixed FC bugs reported through the Google Play Store.
* Onandroid script now installs to and runs from app data instead of /system/bin.
* Users can now set a scheduled backup.
* Users can now set how many backups to retain on the device.
* Various UI tweaks and improvements.
* Dalvik cache and Google music files can now be exclued from the backup.
* Slight UI improvments.
* Added on boot reciever to init the script auto update feature.
* User can select which busybox the onandroid script uses.
* Fixed exit code 2 error on some devices.
* Added tip about changing shell.
* Fixed some users reported UI issues on pre 3.0 devices.
* The app now auto updates the backup script.
* Users can now manually enter their save location.
* Removed Exclude dalvik and Google music options until those options are publicly supported by the backup script.
* /storage/* is now included in selectable save paths.
* The app now uses its own busybox when running the script.
* Added link to Google+ community in settings.
* Fixed some layout issues on older devices running 2.x.
* Added more backup options.
* The UI has been redesigned from the ground up.
* App no longer checks for necessary tools every run. Instead its checked when app is run for the first time.
* App now identifies device.
* Quick Backup mode added.
* User now sets default backup settings on first run of app.
* Nanroid Backup can now be stopped.
* Users can select between ash and default shells.
* Fixed bug that prevented the onandroid.log from being read by the app.
Versions 3.0.4 & 3.0.5
* Fixed various bugs.
* Added permission android.permission.ACCESS_SUPERUSER.
* Added support for more partitoins in selective mode.
* Now using ash shell to fix problems so users were having running the script.
* Fixed typo.
* FC bug fixed when going back from settings.
* Fixed small UI problem.
* Now using actionbar Sherlock.
* Added support disable MD5 generation and compress backup. (TWRP only)
* UI has been improved.
* Added support for yaffs2 override.
* Bug fixes.
* Bug fixes.
* Bug fixes.
* Changed theme to dark theme.
* Fixed bug that prevented some devices from installing the onandroid script.
* Added support for TWRP.
* My Backups removed infavor of Nandroid Manager.
* Several small bug fixes.
* Fixed install loop for users who updated to version 7.0 of the script.
* Bug fixes for users have install loop.
* Fixed bug that prevented the onandroid script from being installed on some devices.
* Fixed screen rotation bug.
* Bug fixes.
* If a backup witht the same name already exists the user is now given the choice wether or not they want to set a different name or overwrite the backup.
* Fixed white text on white background issue.
* Fixed crashed caused when dismissing a dialog.
* Various other bug fixes.
* Improved logging of errors.
* Bug fixes.
* Backups listed in My Backups is now sorted by date.
* Russian language updated.
* Various bug fixes.
* My Backups has been readded to the app and enabled.
* Fixed bugs reported via play store.
* Fixed issue with too many items in the action bar causing the itmes text to be truncated.
* My backups menu option has been removed untill this feature is ready.
* Device specific patch is now checked for when user runs the app for the first time.
* Directory chooser now is ordered alphabetically.
* Updated Russian translation.
* Clockworkmod location and specify sd-ext location can now be manually edited.
* Device specific patchs are now listed alphabetically.
* Checking of preconditions when app is first opened is now done asynchronous to prevent app from hanging on start.
* The directory chooser for selecting sd-ext can now browser directories such as /data.
* Fixed serveral bugs submitted via the play store.
* Improved selection of clockworkmod folder.
* Path of clockworkmod folder can now be set in setting for My Backups.
* The app now fully supports all the featues added to version 6.0 of the onandroid script which include the following:
- Specify sd-ext path.
- Specify alternate backup media.
- Backup modes: normal, split, incremental, and specify partitions.
* Sening an app debug report has been improved now to include a debug log errors that occure.
* App now requires version 6.0 or higher of the onandroid script.
* My backups is now included in beta. It is still a work in progress but will give users a preview of whats to come. It includeds the following:
- Delete and rename backups.
- Compress to zip.
- Verify MD5.
* Fixed bug that prevented patch from being installed!
* When a patch is installed a toast notification will show up verifying that the patch as been installed.
* Added support for the 6.0 version of the script.
* Problems concerning the script will now be sent to Ameer.
* Fixed looping of install onandroid script when app opens up.
* Added install onandroid menu option to settings menu to allow people to install the latest version of the onandroid script.
* Added option to settings under other to set wheahter app checks for new version of update script on start of app
* Added German language.
* Various small bug fixes.
* Fixed screen rotation and wakelock issues.
* Bug reports have now been split into the categories in the settings menu.
* Added ability to uninstall mkyaffs2image.
* User can now manually select the device specific patch to apply.
* The app now cleans up its cache data from downloading new onandroid scripts and device specific patches.
* Problems reading onandroid.log on some devices should now be fixed.
* Fixed bug that prevented some devices from detecting whether or not a device specific patch existed for their device.
* Fixed bug that prevented some users from downloading device specific patches!
* Script version is now shown on main screen.
* A messeage is now show in the main screen if a device specific patch is currently installed.
* mkyaffs2image is no longer auto installed. It can now be installed from the settings menu!
* If mkyaffs2image is not found on device it will be installed.
* Added ability to apply device specific patches for devices where boot and recovery were not found!
* Added ability to remove the onandroid script from device through the settings menu.
* Added ability to remove device specific patch from device through settings menu.
* Added ability to specify custom name for backup.
* Added option to set backup name based on phone timezone.
* Added a settings menu.
* Added ability to view change log of new onandroid script before downloaing and installing the new script.
* When clicking the Start Backup button a dialog is now shown to confirm that the user want to start backing up.
* Code improvements.
* Fixed bug that prevented newest version of onandroid from being installed.
* Fixed bug that prevented the new onandroid script to not be executable on some devices.
* Added check to see if latest version of onandroid is installed and install latest version if current version is outdated.
* Added ability to install onandroid from app.
* Initial release.