Note, this version totally overwrites your ROM, so back up everything important before proceeding. This is not a dual-boot solution as before, you do loose B&N ROM for good after installing this.
This is work in progress, yadda yadda.
Simplified instructions if instructions below don't work for you or you cannot follow them.
Get emmc-cwm-early2.1.img.gz, gunzip and write it to an sdcard of at least 1G in size (all content on that card will be lost).
Download CWM recovery (text) or TWRP recovery (gui) zip if you want internal recovery to be replaced with CM one (if you don't know what is it about, then you need ONE of these).
Also download latest binary zip from CM nightlies: http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=ovation
Add all these files + whatever other packages you might need right away on to the sdcard.
Boot from that sdcard, and install recovery (if desired) and the cm10.1 binary and whatever else you put there.
Erase /data (During initial install only. this is important to avoid crashes on bootup! Naturally, make sure you have copies of whatever important info from there).
unmount /sdcard and remove the card from the Nook. You might need to use this sdcard for your recovery needs in the future should EMMC content become badly damaged, so probably a good idea to have a copy of it somewhere.
Congrats, now on reboot you'll get into cm10.1 on your Nook HD+.
When you need to get into recovery, you can either do "reboot to recovery" in reboot menu (need to enable that in settings) or reboot the nook, and when you see original nook boot logo, press and hold power + home buttons for about 4 seconds.
If you plan to use USB Host feature, you will need a gender changer, as B&N decided not to release a special cable so far.
- Nook app reports incompatible in market (workaround1: just sideload it ; workaround2: change ro.product.device to nookhdplus in build.prop) - This is because they specifically blacklist Nooks! Note that workaround #2 will actually kill your sound, so revert back when you are done.
- Certain sdcards still remain unstable.
- Google Earth crashes when pressing "my location" button (but works fine otherwise).
13/08/09 - We are official part of CM now, yay! Further updates will be at http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=ovation
13/08/01 - cm-10.1-20130801-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip
- Data usage display should work now
13/07/19 - cm-10.1-20130719-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip
- Picked some kernel fixes from omapzoom tree that I think would be useful for us too, this includes some voltage changes (decreases).
- Disabled hwui scissors optimization as it seems to be doing more harm than good.
- Reverted too greedy davlik vm settings
13/07/16 - cm-10.1-20130716-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip *Experimental*
- Update wifi drivers to R5.SP3.06
13/07/11 - cm-10.1-20130712-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip (backup link)
- Added Apple keyboard support
- Updated to CM-10.1.2 for security fixes
13/07/10 - cm-10.1-20130710-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip
- Updated to CM-10.1.1 for security fixes
13/07/08 - cm-10.1-20130708-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip
- NTFS and ExFAT support from upstream
13/07/06 - cm-10.1-20130706-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip
- redone touchscreen sensitivity changing mechanism. (app to control touchscreen sensitivity NookTouchscreenSensitivityAdjuster-4.apk)
13/07/04 - cm-10.1-20130704-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip
- upgraded to fixed SGX DDK 1.9@2291151 (this fixes Google Earth, and a bunch of games)
13/07/03 - cm-10.1-20130703-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip Experimental
- experimental touchscreen sensitivity change
- usb ids changed to match stock
- swap support enabled
13/06/30 - cm-10.1-20130630-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip
- Serial number is now visible in Android
- usb audio now actually works (only for output)
13/06/29 - cm-10.1-20130629-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip
- in-kernel bluetooth
13/06/26 - cm-10.1-20130626-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip Experimental
- cpu frequency changes for screen on scenario, new sgx binary blobs.
13/06/24 - cm-10.1-20130624-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip
- more kernel drivers for bt hid, usb 3g modems and gps devices
13/06/15 - cm-10.1-20130615-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip
- WiFi Direct and BT tethering are now working
- /sdcard now points to internal storage.
13/06/13 - cm-10.1-20130613-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip
- Boosted speaker volume. If you do not like new loud volume, flash this reversal zip after every ROM update: quietvolume-2.zip
- zinio now should work out of the box
13/06/11 - cm-10.1-20130612-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip
- Fixed HDMI audio
- Added USB audio support
13/06/08 - cm-10.1-20130608-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip
- Fixed nav bar settings crash
13/06/05 - cm-10.1-20130605-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip
- USBHost access is now conveniently located in QuickSettings. (IF you use some mod that disables quick settings, you still need my old ugly USBHost switcher app, just sideload it).
- now any (one at a time) usb storage should be automounted no matter how you plug it.
13/06/02 - cm-10.1-20130603-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip
- Forced USB Host support.
13/05/30 - cm-10.1-20130530-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip
- No Nook-specific changes, based on CM10.1-RC3
13/05/27 - cm-10.1-20130527-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip
- Fixed microphone input volume
- Kernel change to hopefully better work with some sdcards.
13/05/12 - cm-10.1-20130512-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip
- Fixed A2DP audio
- Fixed booting when not connected to PC/charger.
13/05/11 - cm-10.1-20130511-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip
- Should fix sgx crash on startup for those affected -- not.
- Cover close now should sleep the device (please test)
- Updated screen properties to highdpi (though that did not fix Nook app compatibility in market)
- Baselined on CM10.1-RC2
13/05/10 - cm-10.1-20130510-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip
- Wifi battery drain should be gone now.
13/05/05 - cm-10.1-20130505-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip
- Fixed mmc presentation, BT, sdcard mounting.
13/05/04 - cm-10.1-20130504-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip initial release.