[Q] Nexus 10 charging with both cables

Search This thread

Vman4

Jan 23, 2013
I have both the Pogo and micro usb charger for my n10 but the Pogo still doesn't charge it fast enough....I mean im reading and its losing a charge! So if I plugged in the Pogo and the micro usb will they both charge at the same time?? or will it ruin it??
If that wont work how am supposed to keep it from dieing like this all the time??

3DSammy

May 5, 2011
Toronto
I have both the Pogo and micro usb charger for my n10 but the Pogo still doesn't charge it fast enough....I mean im reading and its losing a charge! So if I plugged in the Pogo and the micro usb will they both charge at the same time?? or will it ruin it??
If that wont work how am supposed to keep it from dieing like this all the time??

No they will not both charge at the same time. Software in the ROM detects when the microUSB is charging and cuts off the pogo from charging at the same time. One other thing is if you are using an OTG connected device while a pogo plug is attached, it will look like you're charging (battery notification icon). Unfortunately that is a bogus indicator for the same reason you cannot concurrently charge from the micro USB and the pogo plug.

the_boo

Oct 30, 2012
Are you using the original power adapter? My tab won't drain even when playing NFS:MW... Also if you are using a usb extention, that has cause people some problems... You should have no problem charging while using the tablet if you are using the pogo charger with the original adapter...

Reactions: Vman4

Vman4

Jan 23, 2013
I'll try what is your brightness settings??

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

the_boo

Oct 30, 2012

Full brightness... Oh and I am undervolted a considerable amount... I probably should have added that, forgot... But before I started UVing it still charge while playing games(albeit very slowly) when on half brightness... But only if I was using the Pogo charger... You should have zero problems charging with pogo when you are just reading and surfing on full brightness..

As long as you are using the supplied power adapter and no USB extention... If you need more length use an extention cord from the wall to the adapter, you can get one very cheap from any thrift store...

Reactions: Vman4

Vman4

Jan 23, 2013
Thanks! On low brightness I found that it would charge while I was watching movies and playing some graphic intense games.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No they will not both charge at the same time. Software in the ROM detects when the microUSB is charging and cuts off the pogo from charging at the same time. One other thing is if you are using an OTG connected device while a pogo plug is attached, it will look like you're charging (battery notification icon). Unfortunately that is a bogus indicator for the same reason you cannot concurrently charge from the micro USB and the pogo plug.
    Are you using the original power adapter? My tab won't drain even when playing NFS:MW... Also if you are using a usb extention, that has cause people some problems... You should have no problem charging while using the tablet if you are using the pogo charger with the original adapter...

Full brightness... Oh and I am undervolted a considerable amount... I probably should have added that, forgot... But before I started UVing it still charge while playing games(albeit very slowly) when on half brightness... But only if I was using the Pogo charger... You should have zero problems charging with pogo when you are just reading and surfing on full brightness..

As long as you are using the supplied power adapter and no USB extention... If you need more length use an extention cord from the wall to the adapter, you can get one very cheap from any thrift store...