Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,794 Members 47,093 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TUTORIAL] Speed up notification pullup and dropdown (SystemUI.apk) all devices :)

Tip us?
 
Mr.Nigma...
Old
(Last edited by Mr.Nigma...; 16th May 2013 at 11:33 PM.)
#1  
Mr.Nigma...'s Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 100
Posts: 165
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Hamburg
Phone [TUTORIAL] Speed up notification pullup and dropdown (SystemUI.apk) all devices :)

Tutorial about speeding up notification center drop down/pull up
1.First of all you need to get SystemUI.apk of yur actual rom
The ne im using is open root explorer and copy SystemUI.apk to your sdcard
2.Connect the phone to the computer and copy the SystemUI.apk to the extracted APKTOOL directory (download apktoolApktool.zip)
3.There is a guide on how to use apktool here :Guide apktool
4.Decompile SystemUI.apk
5.Navigate \SystemUI\res\values and open dimens.xml (use notepad ++)
6. Find self_expand_velocity, self collapse velocity. and change the values from the defalut +2000 per each.
7.You can change other values too, they are pretty much selfexplanatory.
8.After the necessary changes save the file and recompile systemui.apk
9.After recmpiling you can push it to system using ADB or i made a .zip to flash it in recovery.(Just put SystemUI.apk in system/app and you are ok) Just whatch out for the name as it should be exactly the ssame as it was before.
10.Flash the zip wipe cache/dalvik and enjoy your new fast dropdown and pullup
DONT FORGET THANX BUTTON

EDIT: It was pointed out that in newer versions of android (dip=dp) its the same thing so don't change it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	5363
Size:	200.8 KB
ID:	1941331  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Systemui-flasher.zip - [Click for QR Code] (153.8 KB, 983 views)
The Following 53 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Nigma... For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
yonutz
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 55
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bucuresti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Nigma... View Post
Tutorial about speeding up notification center drop down/pull up
1.First of all you need to get SystemUI.apk of yur actual rom
The ne im using is open root explorer and copy SystemUI.apk to your sdcard
2.Connect the phone to the computer and copy the SystemUI.apk to the extracted APKTOOL directory (download apktoolApktool.zip)
3.There is a guide on how to use apktool here :Guide apktool
4.Decompile SystemUI.apk
5.Navigate \SystemUI\res\values and open dimens.xml (use notepad ++)
6. Find self_expand_velocity, self collapse velocity. and change the values from the defalut +2000 per each.

7.You can change other values too, they are pretty much selfexplanatory.
8.After the necessary changes save the file and recompile systemui.apk
9.After recmpiling you can push it to system using ADB or i made a .zip to flash it in recovery.(Just put SystemUI.apk in system/app and you are ok) Just whatch out for the name as it should be exactly the ssame as it was before.
10.Flash the zip wipe cache/dalvik and enjoy your new fast dropdown and pullup
DONT FORGET THANX BUTTON
I decompiled systemui.apk but i can/t find \SystemUI\res\values
 
Ramboboy
Old
#3  
Ramboboy's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2013
I have the same question. maybe your decompilation have some problems.

Sent from my lenovo A789 using xda app-developers app
 
webleeper
Old
#4  
webleeper's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 216
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Default Got it working... FINALLY

OK first of all thanks for this, makes a huge difference on the notification pullup and dropdown speed.

I couldn't apply the path with just the regular apktool, tried different revisions and none worked until I found apktoolsjb on this forum

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1809649

Thanks again
Note 2: F2FS 4.3 N3bula
Kernel: AGNi pureSTOCK I605 MJ9+ (ULTRA SMOOTH)
Galaxy S3: latest from Newcultking
 
Mr.Nigma...
Old
#5  
Mr.Nigma...'s Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 100
Posts: 165
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Hamburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonutz View Post
I decompiled systemui.apk but i can/t find \SystemUI\res\values
it is in that folder for sure. have followed the guide step by step? maybe u havent decompiled just extracted the apk.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Nigma... For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
matejdro
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 65
Posts: 1,159
Join Date: Jul 2009
On Note 2 (and probably other Samsung devices) there is no layout.xml, but values are inside smali file (SystemUI\smali\com\android\systemui\R$layout.smal i). However those are in hex format which I cannot decode.

Quote:
.field public static final self_collapse_velocity:I = 0x7f0c001c
.field public static final self_expand_velocity:I = 0x7f0c001b
Above value translates to 2131492892 as integer, which makes zero sense. Probably some kind of float value?
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100
 
Mr_Bartek
Old
#7  
Mr_Bartek's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 390
Posts: 1,166
Join Date: Jun 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by matejdro View Post
On Note 2 (and probably other Samsung devices) there is no layout.xml, but values are inside smali file (SystemUI\smali\com\android\systemui\R$layout.smal i). However those are in hex format which I cannot decode.



Above value translates to 2131492892 as integer, which makes zero sense. Probably some kind of float value?
Looks more like a reference to resources to me.
Phone: HTC One M8_UL HBOOT: 3.18.0.0000 Security: OFF
 
CarlDeanCatabay
Old
#8  
CarlDeanCatabay's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4,617
Posts: 568
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Imus City

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by matejdro View Post
On Note 2 (and probably other Samsung devices) there is no layout.xml, but values are inside smali file (SystemUI\smali\com\android\systemui\R$layout.smal i). However those are in hex format which I cannot decode.



Above value translates to 2131492892 as integer, which makes zero sense. Probably some kind of float value?
Try to check for that id (0x7f0c001c and/or 0x7f0c001b) in res/values/ids.xml. It could point to any value in any of the xml inside res/ folder.

Hyperion - Titan of the East | the fastest and smoothest ROM for Samsung Galaxy Young GT-S5360 yet
Current Projects:
Hyperion DXLL1 | Hyperion CM 7.2
Phones:
Samsung Galaxy Y - Hyperion DXLL1 | Samsung Galaxy SII Int'l - ParanoidAndroid 3.15 | Samsung Galaxy S4 Int'l I9505 - CM 10.1 NIGHTLY
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CarlDeanCatabay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
matejdro
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 65
Posts: 1,159
Join Date: Jul 2009
No xml file contains those values (I ran search over whole folder). Only before mentioned R$layout.smali and com\android\systemui\statusbar\phone\PhoneStatusBa r.smali
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100
 
thomtlhom
Old
(Last edited by thomtlhom; 14th May 2013 at 10:49 PM.) Reason: figured it out
#10  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 64
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Powder Springs

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Linux

Any way I con do this in Linux, ubuntu to be specific.

I figured it out, Ijust hope I can put back into .apk format.
| T-Moibile Samsung Galaxy S4 | C-Rom | Ktoonsez Kernel |
| Gateway Intel Core2 Quad Q6700@2.66Ghz | OCZ-Vertex3 120Gb SSD | Western Digital 160 Gb HDD |
| Western Digital 640Gb HDD | Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti | Ubuntu 14.04 x86_64 | Windows 7 Professional x86_64 |

Tags
center drop down, fast android, notification, pull up, speed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes