SentinelROM - 02/10/2013
Welcome to SentinelROM for Samsung Galaxy SII (International Version -i9100 ONLY). Compiled from modded CM10.2 source using the Linaro toolchain for extreme performance. Android 4.3
This is one of the most popular ROMs for Nexus 10, Nexus 7, Nexus 4 and HTC One X, SGS3, SGNII and today I'm happy to release it for the SGSII community.
what people have to say about SentinelROM.
This ROM is compiled from CyanogenMod 10.2 with all the features you get in a CM10.2 ROM, plus the following features.
- Compiled with Linaro 4.8 toolchain for extreme performance
- Increased volume (not quiet like most CM based ROMs)
- Zip Aligned
- Compiled from latest CyanogenMod 10.2 source by me, not a 'cooked ROM'.
- LMT Pie Controls
- OTA Updates supported
- Improved Web Browsing performance
- Improved 3D gaming performance
- Amazing battery life
- Additional theming and UI customisation
- FAST support via this page and our Facebook Page
- A free copy of my music player app
This ROM has been built to enhance the CyanogenMod 10.2 experience
, with faster gaming and web browsing performance (no choppyness in Chrome too!) and best of all, extreme battery life.
It's designed to be an excellent starting place for people who want to add their own MODs and tweaks, rather than forcing people to use the included ones. Think of it like buying a quality new car, optimized to do everything it does well, and giving you the freedom to modify the hell out of it if you want to.
Countless hours have been spent making tweaks to settings to squeeze the most performance I can find out of this ROM while still providing excellent battery life and without the dangers of overclocking and kernel level tweaking.
I compile this ROM and Kernel from the latest CyanogenMod source code, add my various tweaks and adjustments, then test for stability, so you get all the benefits of CyanogenMod 10.2, plus my tweaks and extras, all without the instability and inconvenience of flashing CyanogenMod nightlies (which are not designed specifically for the SGS2 like my ROM is).
The kernel source is available from the CyanogenMod's GitHub
None that I am aware of. please report any bugs ASAP.
If installing for the first time:
To install this ROM you will need to have an unlocked bootloader and a custom Recovery such as TWRP or ClockWorkMod installed (personally I recommend TWRP, I have had issues with restoring backups using CWM).
- Copy the downloaded SentinelROM zip to your Internal Storage.
- Boot into your custom recovery
- Back up your stock ROM
- Enter custom recovery
- Factory Reset and wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
- Wipe your system partition
- It's preferable to wipe your data partition if coming from a non CM10.1 based ROM
- Install the ROM
- Install GAPPS
- Reboot, the first boot can take up to 5 minutes.
After installation you will be asked if you want to turn on CyanogenMod Statistics, please leave it off as this is an unofficial/modified build.
Note: Use of titanium backup to restore apps and data from another ROM is not recommended, and is the source of 90% of user issues, especially when it comes to battery life. Do so at your own risk.
You may flash other kernels as you wish via recovery. Remember to also flash the correct libraries for any 3rd party kernels. Instructions will be given by the Kernel author. NOTE: Updating the ROM via OTA will also overwrite any custom Kernels you have installed.
The following mods are developed by 3rd parties and have been tested by SentinelROM Users.
I can not offer support for these mods, or comment on their affect on performance or battery life. Use at your own risk.
Enable On Screen Nav Soft Keys
- by NemesisRE
- by DeHuMaNiZeD
exFAT SD Card support
- by HMkX2
Clock and status bar mods
- Use these for transparent status bar and centre clock, etc - Thanks to "peetu20"
- Thanks very much to all those who have answered my questions through the process of creating my own ROM, you know who you are.
- CyanogenMod for their outstanding work. Full credit to them for the bulk of this ROM.
- OTA-UpdateCenter.pro for their OTA database support and OTA Updater app source.
- Special thanks to Beejay667, MarkyG82 and schalkerjung1984 for assistance with Beta testing the ROM.
If you require exFAT SD card support, see the mod posted above.
*- Compiled with Linaro v4.8 from modified CM10.2 source.
Choose from an increasing range of Premium Themes for SentinelROM here.
Remember to check my FAQ's
for the answer to any questions before you ask here in the thread. Chances are it's already been answered...
Please don't forget to hit the Thanks button too
>Check the lastest package available on top
MD5Sum: check the md5 of the files before flashing it
Please visit my FAQ's page
before asking questions in the thread. Chances are the answer is already there! I'm always happy to help out with any other questions.
I hope you enjoy my ROM. If you do, plase consider a donation to the CyanogenMod team. If you really like my build, please consider a donation to me as well
. For the months of June and July, all donations are going to my friend who was diagnosed with brain cancer. See his story on my dontations page.
SentinelROM - 02/10/2013, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II
ROM OS Version:
Current Stable Version:
Stable Release Date: