Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 49,179 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 [live demo unit]

Tip us?

sbn_g
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Somebody know if i can root the s4 live demo unit? And i have a big problen with this "phone", i use normally the phone with gmate, but the photos and information are deleted, i doing nothing but it erase, some help please

Dabman
Old
Thanks Meter 7
please open tis phone and make few pictures of it. I mean mainboard. Then we will know if is possibility to fix it or not.
Because if is radio(modem) on this unit is possible. if not it isn't.

But second think which we need is unlocked bootloader. But first please share a photo.

zacoo33
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default s4 live demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabman View Post
please open tis phone and make few pictures of it. I mean mainboard. Then we will know if is possibility to fix it or not.
Because if is radio(modem) on this unit is possible. if not it isn't.

But second think which we need is unlocked bootloader. But first please share a photo.
send me you`r email adr i will send you pictures of it.

sbn_g
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default erase the retail mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZzz.bZzz View Post
you could just do wipe in recovery and RETAIL MODE app will be deleted
How can i erase the reatil mode? My s4 demo unit is an a big problem, it erase all data, pictures and music, i need an a solution, please help me

crrryan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbn_g View Post
How can i erase the reatil mode? My s4 demo unit is an a big problem, it erase all data, pictures and music, i need an a solution, please help me
i have a demo unit of the note 2 and to get rid of it i flashed a custom rom onto it and now its working like a tablet but still without sim related activities eg calling etc and fm radio. does anyone know how to unlock the antenna and use it as a proper phone ?

joaopaulo7
Old
Thanks Meter 1
But if we use that trick (for running live demo video for one minute only) the things we store on the phone will still be deleted? Cheers

brajko
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaopaulo7 View Post
But if we use that trick (for running live demo video for one minute only) the things we store on the phone will still be deleted? Cheers
Yes, it will. It will even go as far as deleting you r SD card if you insert it.
The wipe in recovery mode won't do the trick either if you have the LDU. The retail mode DCT and retaimedia.zip are integrated in the software and when it reinstalls the apps it will reinstall the RM. Flashing a I9505 firmware on I9505X doesn't work either, it messes up the wifi radio and other things.

rida007
Old
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Default problem

I have 2 motherboard one live demo and one of a carrier . The one of a carrier had a problem with connector of lcd I dont know why lcd dosent work just flash white and black if it possible to past the basband ship from the carrier to the demo .
ANDROID SHOP IN MOROCCO

GSM : 00212633884252

koopar
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Lightbulb help

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZzz.bZzz View Post
thats just workaround. but not a solution
can you please tell me how to make it because i didn't understand the last comment
how to remove this video i chnged the time and instaled Skype but its make update and everything back like before and i didn't gind Skype
The Following User Says Thank You to koopar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ellmarto
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Service Bump

Can anyone confirm whether this is possible or not?

Also did you get the picture or should I upload one?