Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,036 Members 51,965 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Jailbreak][Root][Recovery] No You Verizon -VRAMC3 --update 10MAY13

Tip us?

AdamOutler
Old
(Last edited by AdamOutler; 25th March 2014 at 06:41 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 9548

DONATE TO ME
Arrow [Jailbreak][Root][Recovery] No You Verizon -VRAMC3 --update 10MAY13

NOTICE: This will not work on the latest firmware updates. Flashing will cause bootlooping and you will have to reload software.

If CASUAL brought you here, your version is outdated.

Well, this has been quite the saga thus far...
Us: Suck It Verizon (exploit)
them: Suck it XDA-Developers (OTA patch)
Us: Back Atcha Verizon (exploit)
them: Stop it XDA (OTA Patch)
Us: No You! (exploit)

Introduction
CASUAL will guide you through the process. Put your device into “Developer Mode>USB Debugging”. Click the do it button. If you experience a problem, PLEASE USE THE PASTEBIN button to post a log. CTRL+L>Pastebin> come back here and press ctrl+V. We need a log or it didn't happen. 70% of the time when someone posts a general description, we need more information.

Overview
You are expected to be STOCK.... Stock anything, but stock. If you are not stock and have a custom recovery, this will cause you to only be able to flash back to stock using Odin or Heimdall. Be stock. You will need to download and execute the CASUAL application below. Then click the Do It! button. You need Java. Do you have Java?.

note: if it fails, try turning everything off and back on, then run it again before posting for help.

Windows 32/64 Users: CASUAL will put your device into Download Mode. It will automatically flash everything. If drivers are required, jrloper's CADI (CASUAL Automated Driver installer) will handle it. Make sure you're connected to the internet.
Windows 8 is supported but you must install drivers for Download Mode first. See this post
Windows XP IS NOT supported! If you can make Windows XP work, share the knowledge. XP is 12 years old now, Microsoft and I both discontinued support for Windows XP.

Linux 32/64/raspberry pi Users There may be a permission escalation in order to install heimdall, either way sit back and relax. CASUAL automates the entire process.
Please run the following in a terminal first:
Code:
sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jdk gksu dpkg
NOTE: Linux 32/64 bit Heimdall may require an update. I will be taking care of it this weekend. If it works, please let me know so I can remove this message.

Mac Users: Mac works easier than any other system at the time of this systems. Please report problems.

Download
CASUAL(R515b) No You Verizon! CASUAL is used to automate the process. The exploit was developed by Elite Recognized Developer Ralekdev and packaged by AdamOutler. To run CASUAL you need Java. Do you have Java?
For nightly builds click here: http://goo.im/devs/AdamOutler/VZWGalaxyNote2

Help and Troubleshooting
Are you having a problem? First check this post out for remedial troubleshooting. . If that doesn't fix it, then press CTRL+L, press the Pastebin button, come back here and press CTRL+V to paste your log. Don't hit the donate button, that doesn't fix it. Donate only if you feel it's worth donating to. Use CTRL+L and then hit Pastebin and paste the log here if you need help.

Jailbreak video for Windows users only!
This video desmonstrates CASUAL used with Odin to flash the Galaxy Note 2 firmware. Thanks to DroidModderX. While the video uses an old version the procedure is mostly the same.

Jailbreak video for LINUX only!
This video demonstrates the one-click CASUAL Linux Unlock method... at 2AM.. so don't expect me to be cheerful. While the video uses an old version, the procedure is mostly the same.

About CASUAL
CASUAL stands for Cross-platform ADB Scripting, Univeral Android Loader. CASUAL jar files are a wrapper for the CASUAL scripting language. CASUAL allows rapid and accurate deployment of hacks and exploits. At any time, if a serious problem is detected with any script, the kill-switch will be flipped and you will be brought to a support page (most likely here) so you can download the latest version. Otherwise for minor corrections, new CASUAL scripts can be deployed remotely.

Updates
CASUAL provides updates WAAAAY quicker than Verizon. As soon as I push an update to the Subversion repo it appears automatically in EVERY casual. See below for the change log.
8May13: After last the issues with this release, I spent 5.5 hours updating to VRAMC3 and .1 testing this package. . It works well, I assure you.. I assume the previous release had a bad MD5. I apologize for any inconvience.
9May13: Initial Release
10May13: Fixed windows driver issue. Added clearer instruction messages to wait (fixed "hanging"). Added better error handling. CASUAL R492 -- killed old versions
Flash with Odin on Windows, Linux and Mac. Use JOdin3, Available in a web browser or offline
Check out my developer pages. Add me to your circles on Google Plus.
Wanna see the longest Linux BASH script ever made? click here.
The Following 142 Users Say Thank You to AdamOutler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jrloper
Old
(Last edited by jrloper; 18th July 2013 at 07:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 203

DONATE TO ME
F.A.Q.
//TODO
General
//TODO
Windows :
//TODO
Linux :
//TODO
Mac OS X :
Heimdall keeps failing with "ERROR: Claiming interface failed!"
You need to disable the default USB drivers with the following commands:
Code:
sudo kextunload -b com.apple.driver.AppleUSBCDC;
sudo kextunload -b com.apple.driver.AppleUSBCDCACMControl;
sudo kextunload -b com.apple.driver.AppleUSBCDCACMData;
Wat
My Google+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
I'm not sure if these are anything but random words thrown together to make the impression of sentences, tbh ...
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jrloper For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ShotgunSam
Old
(Last edited by ShotgunSam; 10th May 2013 at 06:20 AM.) Reason: clean post up
Thanks Meter 9
I just got my Note 2, I've tried your tool several times and I keep getting this when my phone reboots into download mode:

<took out the garbage>

jrloper
Old
(Last edited by oka1; 10th May 2013 at 09:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 203

DONATE TO ME
USB connection seems a bit shaky.
You have a different cable to try?
Wat
My Google+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
I'm not sure if these are anything but random words thrown together to make the impression of sentences, tbh ...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jrloper For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AdamOutler
Old
(Last edited by AdamOutler; 10th May 2013 at 05:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9548

DONATE TO ME
Dont post logs here. They're ugly. Use pastebin. Please remove all of that. I specifically said not to post that.

Try it again with a better cable. I see it is disconnecting and reconnecting repeatedly. That's a bad cable if I've ever seen one... Odin mode does not have error correction like ADB. Its really picky about having good cables and a good USB port.

When this works, please post that it worked.
Flash with Odin on Windows, Linux and Mac. Use JOdin3, Available in a web browser or offline
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AdamOutler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ShotgunSam
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrloper View Post
USB connection seems a bit shaky.
You have a different cable to try?
not right now, but I tried other USB plugs and its not connecting on those.

---------- Post added 10th May 2013 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 9th May 2013 at 11:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamOutler View Post
Dont post logs here. They're ugly. Use pastebin. Please remove all of that. Holy cow man! I specifically said not to post that.

Try it again with a better cable. I see it is disconnecting and reconnecting repeatedly. Thats a bad cable if I've ever seen one...

When this works, please post that it worked.
Sorry, I'm a novice with having to post that stuff. I don't have to post logs much.

I don't understand how the cord could be bad since its the one that came out of the box yesterday. But I don't have access to one right this second

AdamOutler
Old
(Last edited by AdamOutler; 10th May 2013 at 06:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9548

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotgunSam View Post
not right now, but I tried other USB plugs and its not connecting on those.
We've seen this a lot. Its your cable. I have several cheap cables that don't work with Heimdall or Odin. Also some usb ports dont work either.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AdamOutler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nosit1
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Good job Adam once again. Wonder when they'll eventually just give up and stop pestering Samsung.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Current Device: Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II (Rooted!) + Amazong Kindle Fire (CM10)
Devices currently crying in a corner: Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Motorola Droid Bionic - HP Touchpad - Nook Color

FormeriPhoney
Old
Thanks Meter 737
No you!

maynard737196
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I do believe that this is my very 1st post on this site. Adam thank you for all of your hard work.

The Following User Says Thank You to maynard737196 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]