546 posts
Awesome work Adam!

I will try to update my video ASAP
The Following User Says Thank You to owenbeals For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th May 2013, 05:20 PM   |  #22  
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911junkie

Taking a deep breath...here we go

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Worked like a charm. Booted right into TWRP. Lost root - but TWRP fixed it

Nah.. TWRP detected a problem and threw up a generic error. The problem was that we assigned generic permissions.
The Following User Says Thank You to AdamOutler For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th May 2013, 05:22 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 0

28 posts
Enabling UAC +running the command from command prompt using administrator still gives me the same error. Here is an updated link, in case something changed.

http://pastebin.com/K0s3jynW.
10th May 2013, 07:08 PM   |  #24  
Huntsville
Thanks Meter: 9

147 posts
More
New cable didn't work

anytime I plug my device into a USB port, Windows will detect, say it is one thing, then unmount and detect it as SCH-I605

Once it gets the device into download mode, it mounts it one time and shows it as Samsung gadget serial

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Reinstalled Drivers, used a new cord, same errors.

http://pastebin.com/yfDSg7sf
Last edited by ShotgunSam; 10th May 2013 at 06:47 PM.
10th May 2013, 07:47 PM   |  #25  
Flag Fort Worth, TX
Thanks Meter: 13

60 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamOutler

Looks like your virus scanner trashed CASUAL before you even ran it. Disable your virus scanner.

I actually don't have access to disable the virus scanner. Can I run this from a virtual linux machine?
10th May 2013, 08:18 PM   |  #26  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmannm123123123

Enabling UAC +running the command from command prompt using administrator still gives me the same error. Here is an updated link, in case something changed.

http://pastebin.com/K0s3jynW.

K. I think the problems Windows users are having may be a bug we introduced while troubleshooting.

Until we get this fixed, Windows users

Here is the CASUAL Automated Driver Installer. https://android-casual.googlecode.co.../repo/CADI.exe

If you find yourself looping, run this with your device in Download Mode, connected to the USB port you intend to use.
Last edited by AdamOutler; 10th May 2013 at 08:20 PM.
10th May 2013, 09:19 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 10

103 posts
More
Unable to recognize device after CASUAL
This is the second time after using the CASUAL jailbreak that I'm unable to get MTP or ADB to work. I think CASUAL's Automated (USB)Driver Installer is the culprit. After it installs the driver and everything is done I can no longer get my Win7 computer to recognize my note 2. It wont recognize any samsung phone, at all. I got around this the first time by uninstalling the samsung drivers and reinstalling an older version, however, with my new Note, nothing is working. It will install the samsung android driver and stop there.

I'm out of ideas. I cannot be the only one having this issue.

thanks
10th May 2013, 09:23 PM   |  #28  
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokenut

This is the second time after using the CASUAL jailbreak that I'm unable to get MTP or ADB to work. I think CASUAL's Automated (USB)Driver Installer is the culprit. After it installs the driver and everything is done I can no longer get my Win7 computer to recognize my note 2. It wont recognize any samsung phone, at all. I got around this the first time by uninstalling the samsung drivers and reinstalling an older version, however, with my new Note, nothing is working. It will install the samsung android driver and stop there.

I'm out of ideas. I cannot be the only one having this issue.

thanks

You're not supposed to install CADI over ADB. That's for Download Mode only. Uninstall the driver and delete from device Manager. You can also use a Linux Live CD until we get Windows fixed.
10th May 2013, 09:25 PM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 10

103 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamOutler

You're not supposed to install CADI over ADB. That's for Download Mode only. Uninstall the driver and delete from device Manager. You can also use a Linux Live CD until we get Windows fixed.

I didn't do that, I let the program run as intended. It boots into download then asks to install the driver, it won't proceed unless I let it install the driver. Sorry, I should have clarified.
10th May 2013, 09:32 PM   |  #30  
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokenut

I didn't do that, I let the program run as intended. It boots into download then asks to install the driver, it won't proceed unless I let it install the driver. Sorry, I should have clarified.

So it asked you to install the driver and then it worked? Or you installed the driver manually? Your two posts leave MANY more questions than you're answering. Did it work? Did you download the driver? Were you sitting there hitting no when it asked you to hit yes?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread