Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,401 Members 38,968 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Blink feed: like or dislike?

Tip us?

floodingaugust
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default Blink feed: like or dislike?

At first the idea of blink feed really irritated me but now that I've had the one for about a week I actually have been using it and it's really grown on me. It reminds me of flip board only there was something about flip board that I hated and Blink feed seems to be the same concept only more simple and user friendly IMO.

Do you guys like or dislike?

Sent from my HTC One (AT&T silver) using XDA developers app
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to floodingaugust For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gemini002
Old
Thanks Meter 105
I like it will be much better when we can add our own feeds

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to gemini002 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mr.orange303
Old
Thanks Meter 56
I like. Simple quick and useful.

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to mr.orange303 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

moregadget
Old
Thanks Meter 206
I too like it but find it a huge flaw that we don't have complete control over the sources.

MG
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to moregadget For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skunkbandit
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I agree with moregadget, it would be useful if you could choose what you wanted on there, or pull from RSS feeds, etc. As is, I don't use it.
“I’m going to give you a little advice. There’s a force in the universe that makes things happen. And all you have to do is get in touch with it, stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball.”

floodingaugust
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
I agree I wish there was the option to remove it in the event that it becomes obsolete to me

Also agree about adding our own sources there are some websites i'd like to add but as you said we can only choose from a pre prescribed list

patseei
Old
Thanks Meter 3
At first, I didn't like the idea. But it really grew on me. I rarely go into my flipboard these days. Flipboard, watch out.
The Following User Says Thank You to patseei For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AdmnGT
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by floodingaugust View Post
I agree I wish there was the option to remove it in the event that it becomes obsolete to me

Also agree about adding our own sources there are some websites i'd like to add but as you said we can only choose from a pre prescribed list

That's the thing haha, if you could remove it from the get-go, you would never have a chance to appreciate it because for quite a lot of people it takes a bit of time for it to catch on. I think that not being able to remove it is ok, but being limited to so few sources is a HUGE fault.
The Following User Says Thank You to AdmnGT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

floodingaugust
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Yes this is true lol as I said when I first got the phone I hated the idea of it but by it being forced on me by HTC I actually grew to love it :thumbup:

Funkym0nkey
Old
(Last edited by Funkym0nkey; 11th May 2013 at 05:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 278
Hate it, hate it hate it, dont like it, dont want it...........................

So to summarize, I want an option to disable it. It does not have the sources I want, nor does it have efficient interface to read all stories from one source quickly. And I dont want my social life plastered on my home screen. I dont use facebook and nothing is as good as Falcon Pro for twitter which I do use. So no, I dont want blinkfeed. I dont mind having it as a feature on phone as long as I can disable it. I dont like it forced down my throat.
I tried it for a day and it was meh!
Due to this approach I am simply not using Sense 5. There are tons of launcher options out there. Some better than any android skin. I am sticking with simple Nova for now.
http://gadgetop.com
Current Phones in use
LG G3 Incoming
Huawei Ascend Mate2 LTE.
2x HTC One M8 Google Play Edition. Silver.
Motorola Moto X
iPhone 5S Space Grey
Recently Retired Devices : Nexus 5 32GB panther, Oppo Find 5, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact, Optimus G2 D800, Optimus G Pro E980, Galaxy Note 3, HTC ONE Dev Edition, Samsung Galaxy S4 (Octa), Google Nexus 4

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Funkym0nkey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]