5,594,653 Members 32,562 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cyanogenmod for mediatek devices

Tip us?

bucefal82
Old
(Last edited by bucefal82; 11th May 2013 at 07:08 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Angry Cyanogenmod for mediatek devices

Hey guys, We are going to try something new for our china phones - cyanogenmod.

But we need some more devs to get everything going.

For now we have:

-Github tree for Lenovo P700i(mediatek 6577, android 4.0.4, kernel 3.0.8)

-Lens_flare - original port author(may work with system folder and configs)

-some kernel source from other devices like liquid gallant

The main problem is getting adb to work that could help a lot on remaining development. For now even zygote not starting, but all partitions seems mounted successfully.

We need more devs (especially that could assemble working kernel for device), working with p700i may lead to following porting for other mtk devices, as sources are nearly the same.
The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to bucefal82 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

roshandes
Old
Thanks Meter 152
Default good project

i am in...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to roshandes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bucefal82
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
We've done our best to deliver robust and delicious custom roms to our device (even using andrea or some other work [which are great], but, well.. android is opensource in the end :P).

We hope you could help us with cm development (mostly on kernel part).

At last it would be great to see some light in the mtk darkness..
The Following User Says Thank You to bucefal82 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FenixxPl
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Hi,

I'm trying to start working on CM for MTK6589 device. (Star S7589)
Kernel sources (for normal Android) can be found (has been released by Acer few weeks ago), but the biggest problem is the "device" folder.
I've written e-mails to few producers (ZOPO, Cubot, THL), and even that I've gotten replies from ZOPO and THL, they don't want to share anything, nor the kernel, nor any other sources.

If you'll get to something, please post it here, or pm me, and if I'd make any step I'll also keep you informed.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FenixxPl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dmplot
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Maybe it would be a good idea to sign a petition to Lenovo to "open the source code for the device"? 4pda russian forum would participate in signing such petition. And I assume there will be much more other communities / forums where we can spread this information to join us!

There are two steps to do this:

1. What is a petition website preferrable for such action?
2. To prepare the text for the petition which would be technically correct and would cover all the aspects we are waiting from Lenovo.

Anyone to take responsibilities for any paragraph?

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplot View Post
1. What is a petition website preferrable for such action?
As an example of petition I looked at the "Give us Ice Cream Sandwich for HTC Desire HD".

So, the petition site I think is chosen. It is http://www.ipetitions.com/

So, who will take care of technically correct statement for the petition?

There is one more issue: the channels for such information spread. As to my thoughts it might be:

1. xda developers (of course),
2. 4pda russian forum,
3. Lenovo russian forum,
4. Please propose more...
The Following User Says Thank You to dmplot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LPCRJ™
Old
Thanks Meter 62

DONATE TO ME
nice to see guys good if we get this working but any chance of mt6575 processors they are capable of running ics so cyanogenmod 9 ?
Sic Parvis Magna

Damag3
Old
Thanks Meter 31

DONATE TO ME
This is great, i´m a ZTE v970 MT6577 owner and love the idea. I have kernel for ZTE Grand X V970 already uploaded to github and download the android sources and CM to start building.

The problem is im not a dev or have any kind of formation so I dont know if Im doing rigth. But i will try

I build a cm from scratch to my htc wildfire but I just had to do the steps of the CM tutorials.

Sorry for my inglish

kthz
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Good luck to you guys, i was lurking on XDA just to search for a few optimizations for my MTK6589 phone (HDC). This quadcore cpu is spreading like wildfire among chinese phones due to its low price, so hopefully you will get some good help for getting started.

tuancollection
Old
Thanks Meter 7
i'am hopi will custom rom ICS for my phone lenovo a690 mtk 6575,rom512,ram512

Sent from my Lenovo A690 using xda app-developers app

FenixxPl
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Short update on the topic:

1. I've made working TWRP recovery for mine Star.
I had to rip it a bit (awfully small recovery partition), but it looks like it's 90-95% working, just without partitioning possibilities. (But backups/recovery of them fully works, as same as other TWRP functions, and offcourse it's all operated by touch.)

2. I've compiled CM10.1, but it doesn't start, so here there is really a lot of work in front.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FenixxPl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]