[Tutorial] How to get $30 prepaid plan with T-Mobile new activation
Note: - This guide only works for new T-Mobile prepaid activation and with T-Mobile HTC One device.
: T-Mobile has the hidden $30 prepaid plan that has 100 talk minutes, unlimited text and 5GB data with 4G speed. This is the cheapest plan for prepaid IMHO. I have tested the data speed in Rochester, MN (not a refarmed 1900Mhz area), and the results are 16Mps download and 5Mps upload. You can transfer your number from other carrier (Straight Talk etc.) with this new activation. There is no activation fee. I haven't experienced any drop call or technical issue. The coverage is really good in Minnesota.
What you need to get started
1. Activation kit (aka sim card). You can buy the activation kit from T-Mobile or Bestbuy store for 15 bucks, then print out this template (Link: http://bit.ly/TMaxwM
) and cut it to micro sim. Keep the simcard card or write down the simcard number.
2. Buy a T-Mobile refill card from Walmart/Bestbuy (Link: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tmobile-30...-Card/15443357
) for first month. Keep the PIN number
3. A T-Mobile HTC One. You don't need to unlock the SIM. I paid full price for my device. It came flawlessly without any imperfections
- Put the micro simcard that you cut (1) into the phone.
- In the activation kit, there is a activation card that has the activation code (11 digits number). You need this number.
- Go to www.t-mobile.com/prepaidactivation
and follow the instruction (you simply put the simcard number and activation code)
(Note: if you don't have the device yet, you can type 9999999999)
- If you need to port your number from other carrier, don't forget to click on the option on the right. It took me 7-8 hours to get my number ported from ST to T-Mobile.
(Note: For Straight Talk Bring Your Own Device users, the account number is the simcard number from ST)
- After you submit, you now can choose your plan. Pick the $30 plan for 100 minutes + Unlimited text/data (5G with 4G speed).
- The last step is to fund your account for the first month. Take the PIN number from the refill card (2) and type it in.
Then, you are done. T-Mobile will send a confirmation email after you finish the process. If you choose a new number, you can use it instantly. If you want to port your number, it will take no more than 24 hours to get the number ported.
If you have any problem or concern with the porting process, call this number 877-789-3106. This is the T-Mobile department in charge for porting number. They can assist you and tell you when your number is ready to use.
Enjoy your new phone and awesome (but affordable) service with T-Mobile
P/S: My device came with locked bootloader. I followed this instruction (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2265618
) to unlock bootloader/ flash new recovery and new ROM. I am using ARHD 8.1 ROM, and it works perfectly on T-Mobile. The Wifi calling feature is working with this ROM too. Many thanks to mike1986