Tablet stops charging at 57%?

Search This thread

0x000

Sep 2, 2010
hi,

i'm using latest stock firmware (WW) and the battery won't charge further than 57%. if the charger is connected the tablet will just change the state to "not charging" when it reaches 57%. the dock charges fine but will not transfer any power to the tablet after 57%.

any ideas what's wrong? currently i'm trying to fully deplete the battery and then recharge it but i fear that won't help :/

0x000

Sep 2, 2010
i've had this problem for the past days and have read many threads, but it seems a simple shutdown helped *lol* i guess android isn't supposed to run for weeks without reboot :)

MartyHulskemper

Jun 5, 2008
hi,

i'm using latest stock firmware (WW) and the battery won't charge further than 57%. if the charger is connected the tablet will just change the state to "not charging" when it reaches 57%. the dock charges fine but will not transfer any power to the tablet after 57%.

any ideas what's wrong? currently i'm trying to fully deplete the battery and then recharge it but i fear that won't help :/
A full deplete would be my first recourse, too, and after that I'd power the unit down and recharge. If that fails, you might want to try a battery stats wipe -- sometimes, it is actually fully charged but just doesn't report it that way.