When creating this thread i never expected that this topic would be this huge, let alone become a community place for fellow phone users to help each other and even create new improvements to our phone. Now as of 20 oktober i decided to make a rehaul of the guide and i hope it will make it even easier to understand and follow for newcomers.
I want to remind people that i am not responsible for any damage that might be caused using these methods, so use this at your own risk! ! Also know that by rooting your device your warranty is void. Since i am not the one who created this method, i want to give my special thanks to Mihalyh2 from the 4pda.ru forum. All i do is created a simple guide to root the phone and share this to fellow users.
#1. Getting started .
#2. Installing CWM/TWRP/COT on your phone.
#3. How to root your phone.
#4. How to remove your custom recovery and root.
#5. Tweaks/Themes/request and changelog
Welcome, in this guide i will be explaining to you how step by step you will free your phone. You won't be blocked by the limitations of android and are able to change anything you want. Be careful though since it could possible make your phone unusable. Within a few steps you will be able to install a custom recovery and root your device. Don't know what root or custom recovery's are ? then check the links below
Why should i root my phone? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_rooting
Why should i install a custom recovery? http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/ClockWorkMod_Instructions
Before we get started, i want you to install the following files below. This is required to make sure your device is recognised in Windows.
one-touch-upgrade-s-2-8-0-setup.exe (7.0 MB)
alcatel-onetouchmanager-2-2-1304-2345.exe (76.4 MB)
Once you downloaded and installed the software, then your ready to proceed with the guide
TWRP Recovery for ICS 4.0.x
TWRP Recovery for Jellybean 4.1.x
Canibal OPEN touch Recovery
Currently there are 3 custom recovery's available (CWM/TWRP/COT), the installation of the recovery's are all the same.
- Download and extract the above files (MTK droid Root & Tools & SP FlashTool)
- Choose your preffered custom recovery
- Put this folder in the MtkDroidTools\backups.
- Start the Flash tool
- Press the button at the right called "Scatter-Loading"
- Go to that folder and look for the file called "MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc" And press open.
- You will be returned to the Flash program, you might wanna extend the size of the application so you can see all the files that are loaded.(like Preloader/DSP_BL/MBR up till ANDROID)
- Now uncheck all those boxes, so dont forget the ANDROID one.
- Check Recovery and click on recovery, it should open another windows where you have to choose your recovery. Now pick the recovery you have chosen to use..
- Once you done that, go do download and press yes on the upcoming error. Shut your phone off and connect your phone with USB to the phone. Now it should turn red to yellow and should copy the recovery to the phone. At the end you should see a green ring. (you might need to put out the battery and back in again to let it be recongized)
- Press power and the volume button (+) to get in to the custom recovery.