1. Rooted Phone
2. Busybox installed
3. Mac Address Ghost app
4. A brain
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any questions before modifying your phone. YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
About the requirements.
1.You need to root your device.
In order to do that search Google with - insert your device's model number here- root. Or you can search XDA, which is where Google will probably lead you to.
2.You need to have busybox installed. Most custom ROMS already have it installed. But if you don't have it installed this app here does an awesome job and doesn't require an internet connection. Just select the latest version and install it.
3. You need this app here
Follow these exactly or it won't work.
1. Open the Mac Address Ghost app
2. Click on the wrench icon on the right.
3. Click on add.
4. Now fill in the blanks
The profile name doesn't matter.
In the 2nd blank put in wlan0 if you have a newer phone. If it doesn't work later, put in eth0 and it should work.
In the 3rd blank put in the mac address you want to change to. It will automatically capitalize and input colons.
5. Now click OK and save.
6. Close the app.
7. Open your wifi settings.
8. Long press on the network you want to connect to and click forget. If the option to forget doesn't show up its because it's already forgotten.
9. Open Mac Address Ghost again.
10 . click on the big button and select your address from the list (probably the first one)
11. Press the button that says "Classic"
12. This is important. You will be prompted to give superuser permissions to Mac Address Ghost. If you have The old Superuser that looks like this Attachment 1975185 then check remember. If you have the new ClockworkMod superuser then check "This time only". Attachment 1975186
13. the app will then open wifi settings where you can select the appropriate network to connect to.
The new mac address is temporary and only lasts till you turn wifi off or reboot.
To change your mac address again repeat process starting with step 7.
Please report back with your success or failure. I do know that on gingerbread devices you don't have to forget the network every time. I have only tested this on Gingerbread and Jellybean so far.
Feel free to press the thanks button if I helped you.