Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

S4 Screen cracked in front jeans pocket! Galaxy S4 is very weak!

OP Hendrickson

27th December 2013, 05:29 PM   |  #1021  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
droped my 9505 for 4 times, 3 times on hard ground from about 1m, notone single scratch, but i also got slim armor case on all time

http://www.vipofnet.com
30th December 2013, 06:00 PM   |  #1022  
Thanks Meter: 2

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynsour

Can someone help me I have similar dilemma made post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2581758
With details.... Thanks to anybody who takes time to try and help appreciate

Rooted mf3 SHOstock

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

Check out my post my screen seemed out of place when I got it too

Rooted mf3 SHOstock

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Really depends on how its dropped my s3 survived it all then one awkward fall out of my hoodie on the corner and top corner cracked, s4 now... I actually think s3 has a 'tougher' build and design....

Rooted mf3 SHOstock

Think the same because mine dropped very offen! owen it since release and Like s1 s2 s3 i owned too since release till today no screen of my devices was Broken after hundreds of dropps but i think it depends really in how a device dropps

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
3rd January 2014, 04:15 AM   |  #1023  
Flag Jersey City
Thanks Meter: 168

327 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrickson

I have been so careful with my S4, never dropped it. Looking after it. Today I put my phone in my front jeans pocket like always. Got in the car and after a 5 minute drive got out and the screen is showing funny colors and its cracked ;(

I have had many phones in this front jeans pocket (They all lived) and somehow a slight bend has done this. Very weak, if you ask me we are going to see a lot of this as it seems the phone is not the strongest at all. Time for a unibody HTC I think. I've had it with Samsung's plastic crap.

My phone will be up on ebay if anyone wants an i9500 for spares.

Edit: The gorilla glass is fine, its the amloed behind that cracked.

Had the exact same issue. Crack was almost identical. After a replacement, no issue. I still had to eat $180 for replacement with the insurance because the crack was considered "my fault"...

But the replacement device has been nothing but good since.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
3rd January 2014, 03:55 PM   |  #1024  
Flag Kosice
Thanks Meter: 4

98 posts
More
my s4 fall down , have alltime in my pocket and no problem (maybe luck) Alltime its depent where and when ur phone was manufactured coz not alltime its same fabric. I have 4 samsung galaxy nexus on my table and screen was different. Same rom, same kernel and every screen was different (ofc ever gnex have diff manufacture date). One ar more sharper, different collors, purity of glass. One advice. When u go buy ur phone turn on ur phone check everithing whats its possible and after pay for it. Many times when they delivering phone to seller/ customer they have it like sack of potatos.
4th January 2014, 09:06 PM   |  #1025  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Galaxy S4 is very weak! - broke in just 8days
I am so dissappointed with my GS4. i had a phone upgrade recently from iphone4s to GS4 last dec. 26 2013 (boxing day) from target canada under Rogers. After using it for 8 days with no problem at all and havent transfer my contacts yet and trying to familiarize with android thing, my GS4 screen crashed with green line colors everywhere (with no sign of glass screen damage), I never drop my phone or bang it to something hard, i'd just tried to plug (charge) the phone at work and in no reason when i plugged it, the screen suddenly went black, i unplugged it quickly and seen that the screen goes crazy and the green lines everywhere. I am so sad that this happened just 8 days after the purchased. So, i went back to Target hoping for a product replacement, but the manager insisted that they want to make sure that this is a phone fault before doing a DOA (replacement i guessed) they sent the phone to a repair center somewhere else to have their opinion and issued me a loaner phone that cost 100 dollars (refundable). I am so dissapointed how Target treated their customers, the manager clearly on the side of the store saying they dont want to cover the cost of the phone, then who'l gona cover it? I tried to contact samsung and they want me to send the product to them once i get it back and if the store dont replace it. I think it's againts the consumer act/law, i should insisted for a replacement.... my GOD its just an eight days from purchased. Im lucky that I did not buy their extended warranty, it just not gonna help as what the manager explained. So the bottom line is SAMSUNG product sucks and TARGET MOBILE Canada sucks ... I'd rather buy phone from phone carrier next time.
30th January 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #1026  
Flag Barnsley

1 posts
Donate to Me
More
AMOLED Crack turned into a nightmare scenario.
I upgraded to my S4 in late May 2013, until 27/01/14, the phone had worked perfectly, then identical to some other reports on here the same thing happened, the AMOLED screen developed a crack in the upper left of the screen, I had checked the phone for the time, placed it back in my pocket and walked 20 yards when I received a text message, removed the phone from my pocket and a crack had appeared.

I quickly got in touch with O2, who tried to arrange for me to send the phone off for repair when I got home from work.

I was fine with this course of action until I got home and did a random google search and found this very helpful forum.

I instead decided that I would make an insurance claim through my bank account (it would cost me 25 instead of 200+, and I might get a new phone instead) This is where my issues started, If anyone has got mobile phone insurance with your bank account, I hope you never have to claim.

In my eyes a mobile phone insurance claim has always been an expedient occurrence i.e. you explain the details over the phone then maybe get an email with an electronic form to fill out before a courier comes to collect faulty (for repair)/drop off new replacement phone and your excess payment comes out of your bank account. Well with Lifestyle Group, Barclays insurer of choice you are emailed forms (within 24 hours of the initial phone call) that they want you to send via regular mail to them (recommends recorded delivery though, for which 2 sheets of A4 cost me 6.22), then 24 hours after they had received the claim form they send another email, with yet another attachment to print off, fill out and send to them (again recorded delivery) along with my faulty phone so that they can fix it. Once done they will then send this back to me via courier.

This started with a cracked screen on Monday, but over the course of the past 4 days I have inadvertently witnessed & been subjected to the worst customer service that I have ever received and i still wont have my beloved S4 back in my hands til the middle of next week.

Basically, whilst I will get my phone repaired for the price of 25 (+6.22 for the first letter & god knows how much for the phone to be sent also) I have been without since Monday 27th and look like at the earliest I will have my phone available to me again will be the 4th (optimistic) or 5th of February.

Anyway yeah my point is make sure that your insurer, if you have one, is one that will move your claim along as fast as possible and send a courier to collect and drop off to cut down on cost to the customer.

Bear
31st January 2014, 01:26 PM   |  #1027  

1 posts
galaxy s4 strength
A friend of mune who is at least 130 kgs , unknowingly sat on my galaxy s4 lying on a wooden bench for about half an hour. Thank fully no damage occurred
1st February 2014, 01:52 AM   |  #1028  

1 posts
Unhappy S4 i9505 Amoled seems to be cracked broken not been damaged or dropped or missused
My samsung galaxy s4 i9505 phone has been random rebooting over heating since 4.3 update and has been showing screen going from grey to green to black and really hot I have a swollen battery seems to be the SN:bd 1d520js/2-b. (range of bad batch battery's )(now ive looked this up on other threads since my phone screen died.)I left on charge last night for few hours as phone been battery draining since update to 4.3when to use phone screen frozen then reboots it took ages to come back on and over heated so had to leave a while before trying to reboot now it seems the screen inner amoled is cracked lines and a crack showing inside the inner glass the GG3 glass is unmarked mint condition the phone is 7mths old bought July 2013 and has been in a you case inside a flip case so always protected it has never been dropped or misused it still has the plastic seal around the chrome bezel no marks chips nothing phone was in mint condition until the screen went it was all working before I put on charge apart from the 4.3 bugs screen freeze over heating ect my battery has a slight bloat on either side when hold up and look at it can see its out of usual shape swollen I'm gutted my screen has gone it hasn't been moved from when put on charge and no I'm not heavy handed with it its very hot to touch but when had cooled down rebooted it and can see lines on screen and what looks to be like a crack across screens inside on the amoled so yes it's a very fragile amoled under the GG3 could the heat have done this as wasn't In a poket and has always been in a protective rubber tpu full flip cover case where the rubber case fits over the whole phone and bezels and then is inside a flip cover case with a screen protector on it I've been looking at my battery and I have a battery charger a official samsung one been looking at that and the lid cover seems to be a little heat warped as it won't fully close now so defiantly so heat been coming from that battery I'm awaiting a reply from samsung warranty but reading what's been said I'm looking at paying for it if samsung fix it will they fix the bugs that's been making phone freeze battery drain also as that's why it's over heating or could the battery heat of caused this I need my s4 back working as I'm stuck on an old iPhone 4 now which is so slow SPOKE TO SAMSUNG TODAY APPARENTLY IF YOU BUY A BRAND NEW PHONE OFF A MOBILE SELLER SHOP ON EBAY BRAND NEW SEALED PHONE WHICH YOU REGISTER AS ITS FROM EBAY .(THANKS EMMA @ SAMSUNG WITH THE SCOTTISH ACCENT WHOM WOULDNT GIVE ME THERE FULL NAME OR LET YOU SPEAK TO MANAGER THE ISNT ANY VALID WARRANTY ON THE PHONE EVEN WITH PROOF OF PURCHASE RECIEPT FROM PAY [PAL/VISA CARD CAUSE WAS PURCHASED FROM AN EBAY SHOP THEY SAY NO WARRANTY THIS IS TOTAL BS UNDER UK COSUMER GOODS SALES ACT IT IS VAILD AND I WILL SEE THIS THROUGH ALSO IVE GOT PICS IN LINK ABOVE OF ANTUTU STABILITY TEST OF PHONE HITTING 59 DEGREES C AND ABOVE WHEN IT CUTS OUT SO THINKING THIS IS FAULTY AND THIS IS HAMPERING THE DISPLAY
Last edited by benley73; 3rd February 2014 at 12:12 PM. Reason: photos of what temps its running at before crashes https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nir76c0p1pycj9r/8J2yrhFYK8
1st February 2014, 05:06 PM   |  #1029  
Thanks Meter: 7

67 posts
Maybe your unit is defected
17th February 2014, 09:54 PM   |  #1030  

1 posts
Thumbs down Same Amoled Issues
Bought a samsung galaxy s4 from amazon a few months now.
Have always had an Iblason Case with it and it never dropped.
First I had a pink vertical line so I figure was an OS related issues
then 3 lines, now I have about 10 lines in the span of 1 week and 8 days.
Samsung needs to improve their build quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140217_152437.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	254.3 KB
ID:	2585294   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140217_152432.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	2585295  

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread