[Kernel] Next Level V4 ICS p920 by Acura

Search This thread

mic3d

May 2, 2013
Last edited:

p-vlad

Nov 7, 2010
Konstanz
I was about to post it. I asked acura2201 to make a threat here. The best kernel I have ever used. 2 and 1/2 days normal use and still 40% left. Incredible !!!! Screenshot_2013-05-23-20-32-41.jpg

btw... you do not develop so this should not be in the developer section.

Last edited:

mic3d

May 2, 2013
Should I delete? or move to general?
I tried next level v4 but I have very litle battery life becouse with darkroom on 1000 mhz I have 1417mv amd is very much. maybe isn't compatible I don't know

p-vlad

Nov 7, 2010
Konstanz
The voltage has nothing to do with battery life. It is a myth. use acura2 and cfq.

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda app-developers app

5ajad

Oct 26, 2012
Sahneh
oh kernel kernel kernel...
you think which kernel is the best? JH? or this one?
i tested ph85 , iodak and jh (and stock kernel:D ) and the jh had the shortest media scaning time...

p-vlad

Nov 7, 2010
Konstanz
oh kernel kernel kernel...
you think which kernel is the best? JH? or this one?
i tested ph85 , iodak and jh (and stock kernel:D ) and the jh had the shortest media scaning time...

scanning time??? not a issue at all 6-15 sec per boot - that is all... not a criteria at all....
but you really have to try it. look at my picture above. finally I have a phone, and not a portable computer that i have to charge 2x a day.... now 1x per 2-4 days w/o performance hit.

Reactions: 5ajad

5ajad

Oct 26, 2012
Sahneh
scanning time??? not a issue at all 6-15 sec per boot - that is all... not a criteria at all....
but you really have to try it. look at my picture above. finally I have a phone, and not a portable computer that i have to charge 2x a day.... now 1x per 2-4 days w/o performance hit.

yea i saw it...thats great:laugh:
and did you tested this kernel on xbsall's roms?
does it matter which rom to use with this kernel?

p-vlad

Nov 7, 2010
Konstanz
yes i mean can i have this battery life on any rom with acura kernel?

hmmm...i tested xbsa v8 + acura kernel next level4 and the media scanning time was about 3 minutes:|
with the stock rom i have better performance:D

install and run this APP

clean the dalvic cache after the installation of the kernel.

p-vlad

Nov 7, 2010
Konstanz
Last edited:

Edufex

Apr 27, 2012
Faro
Hi Guys.

Sorry my very nob question but i dont no the way to install the kernel.

Can some one tell me how please.

aldrinmcmie

Aug 27, 2012
Jeddah
Hi Guys.

Sorry my very nob question but i dont no the way to install the kernel.

Can some one tell me how please.

Read the instructions provided by the developer. There may be additional instructions for their kernel installation. Download your desired kernel to your phone. I like to create a folder at the root of my SDcard labeled Kernel. Place the downloaded Kernel into this folder.
Boot into Clockwork Mod Recovery
Hold down the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power until you feel the phone vibrate.
Press Volume Up or Volume Down until you see the arrow with “Recovery”
Press the Power button to Select.
Wipe Cache
Select “wipe cache partition” > Select Yes
Wipe Dalvik
Select “advanced”
Select “Wipe Dalvik Cache” > Select Yes
Flash the Kernel
Select “Install zip from sdcard”
Select “choose zip from sdcard”
Locate the kernel zip file & select
Select Yes
Reboot!
Be very patient here. The first reboot can take longer than usual to boot. This is why it is good to start with a good battery charge. The first boot may take 10 – 15 min. You may think you are stuck at the splash screen, just wait. You will also see an “Android is updating” screen, this is normal. Once booted up let phone sit for 5 – 10 minutes. This will allow the kernel to settle. This was more important a few years ago with less powerful android phones, but it is not a bad habit to develop. Reboot.

Reactions: Edufex

tang097

Nov 5, 2012
Read the instructions provided by the developer. There may be additional instructions for their kernel installation. Download your desired kernel to your phone. I like to create a folder at the root of my SDcard labeled Kernel. Place the downloaded Kernel into this folder.
Boot into Clockwork Mod Recovery
Hold down the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power until you feel the phone vibrate.
Press Volume Up or Volume Down until you see the arrow with “Recovery”
Press the Power button to Select.
Wipe Cache
Select “wipe cache partition” > Select Yes
Wipe Dalvik
Select “advanced”
Select “Wipe Dalvik Cache” > Select Yes
Flash the Kernel
Select “Install zip from sdcard”
Select “choose zip from sdcard”
Locate the kernel zip file & select
Select Yes
Reboot!
Be very patient here. The first reboot can take longer than usual to boot. This is why it is good to start with a good battery charge. The first boot may take 10 – 15 min. You may think you are stuck at the splash screen, just wait. You will also see an “Android is updating” screen, this is normal. Once booted up let phone sit for 5 – 10 minutes. This will allow the kernel to settle. This was more important a few years ago with less powerful android phones, but it is not a bad habit to develop. Reboot.

you say splash screen, which im assuming is the greyesh yet on screen. my phone, however, stays on that screen for more than 20 minutes...and nothing happens...i've now been waiting for 30 minutes and counting. btw, im trying to flash the next level kernel

aldrinmcmie

Aug 27, 2012
Jeddah
you say splash screen, which im assuming is the greyesh yet on screen. my phone, however, stays on that screen for more than 20 minutes...and nothing happens...i've now been waiting for 30 minutes and counting. btw, im trying to flash the next level kernel

Instructions for rooted device.
Be specific about everything, specially your current ROM so that you wont waste your time re-flashing new kernels etc. if it is not compatible with your ROM.:good:

p-vlad

Nov 7, 2010
Konstanz

well man... the kernel you try to put is probably for the ported ICS - I am not sure. show me the link you use for downloading this kernel.
just for test -
1. take the kernel form THIS link
2. Install it with your Recovery (CWM ot TWRP) - i do not care.
3. Reboot.

tang097

Nov 5, 2012
well man... the kernel you try to put is probably for the ported ICS - I am not sure. show me the link you use for downloading this kernel.
just for test -
1. take the kernel form THIS link
2. Install it with your Recovery (CWM ot TWRP) - i do not care.
3. Reboot.

i flashed the kernel in your signature....i was using the rooted big partitions, vr3d.....but both stayed on the splash screen forever

Top Liked Posts