Ask a question

No registration required

★ [Rom][I545VRUAMDK][4.2.2] Stock Root Odex/Deodex [05/23/13]★

OP BeansTown106

26th May 2013, 02:50 PM   |  #111  
Thanks Meter: 10

129 posts
More
For some reason recovery won't load for me. Root went fine. I tried to install TWRP from goo twice and it just goes to stock recovery for some reason. Now good says no recoveries found for my device. Any ideas? Figured I'd ask in here since I've run beans ROM forever and you all always help out. Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
26th May 2013, 03:49 PM   |  #112  
Flag Melbourne, FL
Thanks Meter: 470

1,678 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by travishamockery

For some reason recovery won't load for me. Root went fine. I tried to install TWRP from goo twice and it just goes to stock recovery for some reason. Now good says no recoveries found for my device. Any ideas? Figured I'd ask in here since I've run beans ROM forever and you all always help out. Thanks!

Goo is down

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
The Following User Says Thank You to najaboy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2013, 04:18 PM   |  #113  
Thanks Meter: 43

233 posts
Thought I was going crazy. Went to twrp and the img is not there to dd?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
26th May 2013, 04:22 PM   |  #114  
Thanks Meter: 414

1,898 posts
afh is down, too. Weird that they are both down at the same time.
26th May 2013, 04:49 PM   |  #115  
Thanks Meter: 364

1,220 posts
Goo is back up.
26th May 2013, 04:50 PM   |  #116  

129 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by najaboy

Goo is down

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Still had nothing to do with the problem. I was able to get the recovery and flash in goomanager last night and it didn't take ever. Kept booting to stock recovery.

I was able to get this installed though. Had to manually do it using loki_flash and pulling the recovery file from goomanagers folder. All good now.
26th May 2013, 05:35 PM   |  #117  
Flag Midlothian, Va
Thanks Meter: 39

132 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by travishamockery

Still had nothing to do with the problem. I was able to get the recovery and flash in goomanager last night and it didn't take ever. Kept booting to stock recovery.

I was able to get this installed though. Had to manually do it using loki_flash and pulling the recovery file from goomanagers folder. All good now.

If you're still having recovery issues it might be worthwhile to roll back to stock and root your G4 again. Couldn't hurt and you won't lose any data or have to wipe. Recovery should stick and you should be able to pull TWRP from Goo.
The Following User Says Thank You to budwizer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2013, 06:49 PM   |  #118  

129 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by budwizer

If you're still having recovery issues it might be worthwhile to roll back to stock and root your G4 again. Couldn't hurt and you won't lose any data or have to wipe. Recovery should stick and you should be able to pull TWRP from Goo.

Thanks, but I got it to stock with the method I mentioned. I'm thinking that whatever caused goo.im to be down this morning was affecting it late last night too and maybe threw a bad image my way. It took forever to download it last night and definitely shouldn't have. I'm all good now though.
26th May 2013, 09:14 PM   |  #119  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Springfield, MA
Thanks Meter: 19,613

2,604 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbreen94

Hell yeah! Thanks brother. Time to get to work This has all the proper compatabilities with the bootloader and junk right?

yep fully compatible but if for some reason u need to edit the boot.img message me on gtalk and il walk u through how to re loki it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predtechhacker

I don't usually post too much on here because i don't have that much to input in the way of help and there's way smarter people on here than myself..........that being said i DID manage to figure out a way to help those of us that can't boot back into TWRP.
I found that if i held VOL UP + POWER + HOME that it would go to boot to recovery but then boot loop straight away, however i found that when i goes black after it goes to start recovery that if i let go of the POWER button ONLY and kept holding HOME and VOL UP, that i was able to boot into TWRP and restore from the nandroid backup i had created!!!!!!
Hope this helps some of you in trouble....

yepp!! good find i actually found this out also but never posted anything about it lol..
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbreaz

Thanks Beans deodex is working perfectly waiting on your rom

yessir!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blulite

yes, thanks, all working.

might want to change the install text, still says "installing odex".

oops lol.. it is definetly deodex though..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyComputerDoctor

Beans, thanks for the legwork. I am putting together a De-Bloated Stock with a bunch of tweaks included. So far I got the ROM under 1GB without killing Touchwiz. I will post the finished product when I get finished (should take me another hour or so)..

Edit:
HERE is a link to the Stock Debloated Version with Extra's - Enjoy!

good deal nice to see you around these parts, i remember u from rootz and the nexus 4 contest :P sorry i didnt vote for u i wanted open source miui lol... oh well.. either way its good to have u on the vzw s4!!
26th May 2013, 10:21 PM   |  #120  
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 626

225 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanstown106

yep fully compatible but if for some reason u need to edit the boot.img message me on gtalk and il walk u through how to re loki it

yepp!! good find i actually found this out also but never posted anything about it lol..

yessir!

oops lol.. it is definetly deodex though..

good deal nice to see you around these parts, i remember u from rootz and the nexus 4 contest :P sorry i didnt vote for u i wanted open source miui lol... oh well.. either way its good to have u on the vzw s4!!

Maybe we can collaborate on a project in the near future. It's been a while and I really don't have the time to put into doing a full ROM on my own. No worries on the Vote... It was close.. Anyhow, let me know what your thoughts are...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MyComputerDoctor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread