Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,086 Members 54,454 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[fastboot] l9 p760 p765 p768 p769

Tip us?

Lelus
Old
(Last edited by Lelus; 29th September 2013 at 04:45 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 425
Default [fastboot] l9 p760 p765 p768 p769

I take no responsibility for any damages incurred to your phone
Please use this script only when necessary

Here is a little script I put together to fastboot L9s with ability to flash/restore ics xloader and uboot (p760, p765, p768, p769) jb (p760)

*I've only tested it on Win 7, but it should work on Vista , not sure about XP and 8

Very useful post about installing the drivers

*Some phones may need a different timing, 4 seconds won't work, worth to try between 0 to 4s and see what works best

Original thread about fastboot
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2119090

It's based on wpark - [DEV][Bootloader] u-boot / omap4boot for P920/P720/P940 and its variant

update: file updated, mylk Thanks for catching the mistake!
update2: added p769 20f
Attached Files
File Type: zip fastboot.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.58 MB, 16008 views)
The Following 38 Users Say Thank You to Lelus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

donk165
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Thanks, I'll try this out once I'm home, maybe my phone will finally let me fastboot. Whenever I've tried before, it just normally reboots, doesn't switch to fastboot mode.

Sent from my LG-P768
Device: Sony Xperia SP C5303 - Locked Bootloader
Click Thanks if my post helped

mylk
Old
Thanks Meter 5
i think there is some errot in your start.bat .
IF /I '%INPUT%'=='6' GOTO Selection5 ( i think it should be Selection6 , right ? )

and here is my p1.bin an p2.bin . mine is P765 JB (HongKong V20D) . hope you can put this into your file . and may help others .

x-loader&u-boot_of_P765_HK.rar
LG Optimus L9/P765
The Following User Says Thank You to mylk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cris7i
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Tried the method in the link in the 1st post, didn't work. Tried this, still nothing. I get the same "unexpected 2ndstage response" error.

mylk
Old
Thanks Meter 5
is there somebody who has tried fastboot ?
how is the screen like of the phone ?
is it just a black screen ?
and why the cmd just go to the folder of "yours" then i cant find anything in this folder .
sorry for my nood question ......
LG Optimus L9/P765

Lelus
Old
(Last edited by Lelus; 25th May 2013 at 04:57 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by cris7i View Post
Tried the method in the link in the 1st post, didn't work. Tried this, still nothing. I get the same "unexpected 2ndstage response" error.
Both work the same under the hood. Perhaps you've wrong drivers if you get same error msg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylk View Post
is there somebody who has tried fastboot ?
how is the screen like of the phone ?
is it just a black screen ?
and why the cmd just go to the folder of "yours" then i cant find anything in this folder .
sorry for my nood question ......
#1 is just a general fastboot, you can put whatever (boot.img, recovery.img, etc) you want to flash via fastboot in "yours" folder - type: fastboot devices and you'll see if your phone is recognized
and the rest is mainly for recovery, ics xloaders and uboots work nicely with offline flashing method also several people mistakenly soft bricked their phones with omap4boot by flashing prada files which can't happen with this tool
The Following User Says Thank You to Lelus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rixx666
Old
Thanks Meter 2
For me general fastboot works on ArchLinux. But I only put recovery with it...

Lelus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixx666 View Post
For me general fastboot works on ArchLinux. But I only put recovery with it...
of course if you have functional rom and unlocked bootloader you don't need it

donk165
Old
(Last edited by donk165; 6th June 2013 at 11:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 80
Hi there, its been a while since I tried fastboot again, but I have good news. Fastboot worked on my P768 using this method, I selected option 1. Then I was able to send recovery to my phone and then root the phone using a flashable SuperSU zip! 'adb reboot recovery' takes me straight into CWM!

I have some questions though.
  • Is fastboot permanently on the phone like it is on the P760 now? or do I have to use this program each time to send fastboot commands?

• Does this mean that I could potentially flash a custom rom to my phone now? I know all the custom roms out there are not for the P768, so I will get camera problems. But is this the missing piece of the puzzle for custom rom development/testing?

Thank you lelus for this great tool!
Device: Sony Xperia SP C5303 - Locked Bootloader
Click Thanks if my post helped

Lelus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by donk165 View Post
Hi there, its been a while since I tried fastboot again, but I have good news. Fastboot worked on my P768 using this method, I selected option 1. Then I was able to send recovery to my phone and then root the phone using a flashable SuperSU zip! 'adb reboot recovery' takes me straight into CWM!

I have some questions though.
  • Is fastboot permanently on the phone like it is on the P760 now? or do I have to use this program each time to send fastboot commands?
Fastboot is definitely there but something doesn't get passed along during adb reboot bootloader or oem-unlock and phone just reboots instead of booting to fastboot.

Quote:
  • Does this mean that I could potentially flash a custom rom to my phone now? I know all the custom roms out there are not for the P768, so I will get camera problems. But is this the missing piece of the puzzle for custom rom development/testing?
I'm pretty sure* you can use Android Kitchen to replace these files in latest Cyanogenmod zip with ones from p768 jb and have camera working.

*i might be wrong

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lelus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]