Wanna Upgrade to a Newer version of Android ? or Have you just messed up your Phone ? Worry-Not. Here's the solution for all your problems. As the saying goes " A MediaTek Phone can never be Hard-bricked ". It can only be Soft-bricked and then it's easy to resurrect it back from the Dead with SmartPhone Flash Tool.
Here's what you need:
1. Micromax Micromax Canvas HD (I'm not sure if this firmware will work with any variants of this Device.)
2. The Latest Firmware for Micromax Canvas HD: S9201_4.2_MP_F3F8_B1_IN_MMX_14_FLASHER_USER
(Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean, Released on 18-October-2013)
3. Download the latest version of Smart Phone Flash Tools: Download v3.1312.0.139
4. MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM Port Drivers - (Download
) - This is the most important part. If you don't install these drivers, SP Flash Tools will not work.
these aren't the same drivers that comes with the Phone or those Unsigned Drivers provided by many sources. These are signed drivers and works with all versions of Windows (includes 7,8 x64 versions)
How to install:
Don't download the first file (it's just an installer). Get the two other files which are the Drivers. Keep them in a folder and extract them. You will have two .inf files. Right click on both of them and install. Simple.
5. After downloading all the required files and installing the drivers, power off your phone completely and remove the USB cable. Now remove the battery from the phone.
6. Extract the zip file containing the micromax firmware to some folder and then run SP Flash Tools. Now select the Scatter-Loading File which is inside the extracted folder named as "MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc". Press Download and connect the USB cable to the phone (without battery). It takes around two minutes to complete. Removing it mid-way will only mess-up the phone. After a Green circle is shown on screen, you can remove the cable and turn on the phone. That's all.
If you're upgrading from Android 4.1 to 4.2, for the first time, You might enter an app called TP Upgrade that will run on the first boot. It's a Nice app. It upgrades your TouchPad drivers to the latest version and will ask for confirmation.but the thing is "DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING ON YOUR SCREEN WHILE IT'S THERE (NOT EVEN THE OK BUTTON)". It will start by it's own and completes in around 5 minutes approximately. If you accidentally touch the screen, your TouchPad will stop working. Now, Don't Panic. Welcome to the League.
Now remove the battery from the phone and restart. You should see the same TP Upgrade coming up again. Have some snacks and don't do what you did last time. It'll be fine.