DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any damage or bricking of your phone, proceed a your own risk
WARNING: The following procedures should only be followed for GT-I9082 and not any other
Hi, today i am going to explain how to root your phone in safest way with no loss of data.
* Download the files from the attachments and extract them (for CWM visit : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2160671 )
* Switch off your phone and boot into download mode (vol down + home + power) and press vol up to proceed
* Open odin in pc and and click on PDA
* Locate the you extracted from the CWM touch zip and click open
* Make sure only 'Auto reboot' and 'F.Reset Time' is checked
* Click start once complete odin should say 'PASS' and your phone will reboot
* Copy the Supersu zip file into your external sd card.
* Now switch off your phone and boot into recovery mode (vol up + home + power)
* Now select install zip from sd card -> Choose zip from sd card
* Now locate the supersu zip file and click install
* Now CWM will install the zip
* Samsung devices come with a special flash counter that tracks the no. of times you flash custom roms and zips.
* If you wish to reset the flash counter back to original Download triangle away app by chainfire and hit reset counter. (in attachments)
THERE YOU GO, YOU HAVE ROOTED YOUR SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND !!!
HIT THANKS IF THIS HELPED YOU
PS - Contact me for any help regarding this
NOTE: this guide is for the previous version of this phone, I will not update this guide coz I dont own the phone now.