800 smr enabled prls/areas
xxx13 - dfw, chicago, baltimore, north ca, atlanta, boston, houston, indianapolis, kansas city, new mexico, new york, orlando, san antonio and southern california
prl change logs and full analysis' can be found on this website: www.batonrougebroadband.info this is digiblurs site the guy is full of info
prl 00001, 00002, 00003, and 01337 are modded prls that force your phone to use verizon's network for voice and 3g prl 15094, 15096, 17098 are prls that force you to use us cellular's network for voice and 3g. Use these for testing purposes only. I do not recommend or condone using them 100% of the time. You will not be able to determine when you are roaming. You won't even be able to tell if you roaming internationally!! There is a 300mb data cap and other minute based roaming caps with sprint. Myself or this website are not responsible if you break your terms of service and get your contract terminated. Discussions about how to get your contract terminated using these non-sprint prls will not be tolerated and will be deleted. If verizon/uscc works for you and sprint's service does not, then you need purchase verizon/uscc service.
Common prl myths
1. A prl is not a list of towers. It's a list of cell phone systems that your phone searches for.
2. It will not make your phone connect to different sprint 3g towers.
3. It will not give you better sprint pcs band 3g or 1x coverage.
4. It will not give you better lte coverage.
5. An update is not required for new cellular sites.
6. The only time a prl update will give you better native sprint coverage is when 800mhz smr (bc10) support is added and enabled in your area.
7. You can not use at&t, vzw, or us cellular lte with a use of a different prl
8. Don't believe the nonsense and lies that a sprint rep will tell you about prls (they were never trained on prls and only go by rumors and hearsay instead of facts)
Thank You gunfromsako for letting me kang part of your post.
PRL updating without a pc:
NOTE: This will only work on sense roms with epst support.
How to change the build.prop:
There are a few ways to change build.prop. The easiest imo is to use an app like kernel tuner to change it. KT even has a nice backup and restore option. You could also take your favorite file explorer and navigate to /system and open build.prop as text and edit there. If you are adb savvy then you could pull the file, edit it with a program like notepad++, and push it back to your device with proper permissions.
1. Extract the PRL.zip attached below
2. Move your chosen PRL to your device
3. Reboot and let the system fully load (or there will be lag in EPST) and enter dialer.
4. Enter ##778# and choose edit. Enter MSL and choose prl.
5. Select update prl and select a prl from your sd card.
6. Select menu in the upper right corner and commit modifications.
7. EPST will reboot the device and the prl should be applied.
8. It is always a good idea to update your profile after a prl change. Enjoy!
9. If you want to go back to your default PRL just go into settings and update PRL.
OMJ has an option in his MOD Pack to make the change for you,if you use his MOD Pack please thank him.
Attached below is a script OMJ wrote that will make the build.prop change for you no file explorer needed just flash in recovery. Please thank him.I'm not 100% sure it will work on the HTC One he originally wrote it for the HTC Evo 4G LTE.
Use at your own risk manually updating your PRL could brick your device!!!
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?