Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,247 Members 50,280 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

{TX} [ROM+DAILIES][8-8-2013][JB 4.2] OFFICIAL PAC-man AIO ROM M1-Release [CM KERNEL]

Tip us?

djpbx
Old
(Last edited by djpbx; 18th August 2013 at 01:05 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1562

DONATE TO ME
Default {TX} [ROM+DAILIES][8-8-2013][JB 4.2] OFFICIAL PAC-man AIO ROM M1-Release [CM KERNEL]

Right guys you know whats coming.....

P A C man ALL IN 1

Check the Q&A Thread for PAC-specific questions!

ROM INTEL

Here we go then, This is the PAC-man AIO (All-in-one) ROM, for the Xperia TX. Since the TX isnt that different from the T, I compiled it, asked a tester to test it, and here it is! A big shoutout to @Rycon33 who did some extensive testing on the ROM for me.

I'm searching two more testers to test updates before releasing it into the wild. If you want to do so, please shoot me a PM
These testers will get the ROM, they will test it, and after the release to the public will take place.

PAC is a combination of the three biggest ROMs here at XDA. Paranoid Android, Android Open Kang Project and CyanogenMod. It features CM profiles, PA's Hybrid Engine, and ROM Control by AOKP. Everything!
A main complaint under the developers whom originally developed their features about 'mashup' ROMs, is that they are messy, and the different features aren't integrated as well as the individual projects. PAC was the first of all 'mashup' ROMs and has the best integration of them all. It took a LOT of work of thinking behind to merge the frameworks in the right order. These are not just your daily git cherry-pick developers trying to pull money off of XDA
PAC-man has a solid team with good developers and device maintainers, bringing you this totally awesome ROM.

If you'd like to support me or the PAC developers, be sure to drop them a thanks / beer!

FEATURES
  • Hybrid Framework
  • CM10.1
  • AOKP
  • AOSPA
  • Per App DPI
  • Per App Color
  • Pie Controls
  • Open Source Camera HAL
  • cLock
  • Hardware Key Control
  • Any Widget on lockscreen
  • CM Profiles
  • Lock Screen Shortcuts
  • Lock Screen ring target
  • Fresh compiled CM10.1 kernel
  • Init.d Support
  • The list is endless.

BUGS

• Basically every bug from CM10.1/FXP
  • Headphones
  • Vibration
  • Camera is a bit buggy sometimes
  • You tell me... Read down here how to report bugs, which are really usefull to me.

REPORTING BUGS

Source: JellyTime
Code:
How To File a Bug Report with Logcat:
  • Install android sdk
  • Install drivers for adb on PC
  • Connect phone to PC
  • Open cmd.exe or terminal
  • Type 'adb logcat' without the quotes
  • Start the app that causes the issues
  • Wait for the app to close or get to the error
  • Copy logcat contents and put in pastebin
  • Copy pastebin links here
How To Find Wakelocks:
  • Install android sdk
  • Connect phone to PC
  • Type 'adb shell cat /proc/wakelocks > wakelocks.txt' without the quotes
  • Copy contents and put in pastebin
  • Copy pastebin links on your post
How To Get dmesg logs:
  • Install android sdk
  • Connect phone to PC
  • Type 'adb shell dmesg > dmesg.txt' without the quotes
  • Copy contents and put in pastebin
  • Copy pastebin links on your post
Before filing a bug report, please consider the answer to these:
  • Is the bug reproducible?
  • How do you reproduce it?
  • What is the expected behavior?
  • What actually happens?
  • Are you on the default Kernel?
  • Did you restore data of System Apps using Titanium Backup?

CHANGELOG

Go and check out PAC on github

INSTALLATION / NOOB GUIDE

1. Unlock your bootloader, if you haven't done so.
  2. Download this the latest version of this badboy!
  3. Grab a copy of the latest GAPPS package
  4. If you come from a stock rom, reboot to bootloader, flash the boot.img from the ROM zip.
  5. Reboot to recovery
  6. Do a "Factory Reset" if coming from any other ROM than the semi-latest version of PAC
  7. Flash the ROM! /system will be automatically wiped during install, as in all good ROMs.
  8. Flash GAPPS
  9. Reboot
  10. Enjoy!

DOWNLOADS

Please be aware that the ROM is throughly tested, but that there are certain bugs!

DAILIES

Since shortly, Hayabusa builds are also available on PAC's basketbuild, check it out here: http://pacman.basketbuild.com/index....abusa/nightly/

FAQ

Q: My sound is way too low!
A: Find Pimp My Rom in the Play Store, and install xLoud with it. This can also bring back BE with unlocked bootloaders!

Q: Paranoid Android preferences do not work!
A: https://github.com/ParanoidAndroid/a...6ce6fbe7da79a5 - or grab one of the latest ParanoidAndroid ROMs and sideload /system/app/paranoidpreferences.apk

SIGPIC

Code:
http://i.imgur.com/MOG8AGD.png

Fan-art is always welcome

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a BIG thanks to these people:
szl.kiev and PACman Team
CM team
ParanoidAndroid team
AOKP Team
XDA for just about everything else
@Rycon33 for testing this release
If you think you need to be thanked, just let me know

Danny de Bruijne, Indie Game Development student (NL, Breda) and former ROM dev.
Want to connect? Twitter - Github (finished school projects, wip's mainly stay private)
My devices, if you might care :

• HTC One: ViperOne *latest* (Sense 6)
  • Nexus 7: Cyanogenmod 11
  • HTC Incredible S: Cyanogenmod 11

Code:
D/PSM     (20994): Qualcomm  
D/PSM     (20994): Adreno (TM) 320  
D/PSM     (20994): OpenGL ES 3.0 V@45.0 AU@  (CL@4169980)  
D/PSM     (20994): OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.00
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to djpbx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djpbx
Old
Thanks Meter 1562

DONATE TO ME

thanks to techfanatic9 for this.....

Danny de Bruijne, Indie Game Development student (NL, Breda) and former ROM dev.
Want to connect? Twitter - Github (finished school projects, wip's mainly stay private)

Code:
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to djpbx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Leo
Old
Thanks Meter 171
so excited to see PACman on TX
thousands of thanks
Sony Xperia TX [LT29i] ,
Jelly Bean 4.3,
9.2.A.1.205, Stock, deodex,
1266-3320_R2J,
Relocked BootLoader.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rycon33
Old
Thanks Meter 1259
Awesome mate, many TX users will surely be happy.

Though still many things to iron-out(see the mentioned bugs and some you need to tell the dev), people will still be quite satisfied with the ROM as I did.

I just want to reiterate that during testing I didn't check if the voice calls are fine(lol it should be the basic thing to test).

Though I think even at this early stage, it's good that everyone gets to test it and it will definitely help the dev more because more feedbacks are going to flow.

So fellow TX users, flash it and give feedback.

Tapatalked from my bricked TX
My Nexus 5 mods for PA
My Xperia SP on Paranoid Android
My Family's Android devices - xperia P, xperia SP, xperia TX, moto G, and nexus 5

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rycon33 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cammarratta
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rycon33 View Post
Awesome mate, many TX users will surely be happy.

Though still many things to iron-out(see the mentioned bugs and some you need to tell the dev), people will still be quite satisfied with the ROM as I did.

I just want to reiterate that during testing I didn't check if the voice calls are fine(lol it should be the basic thing to test).

Though I think even at this early stage, it's good that everyone gets to test it and it will definitely help the dev more because more feedbacks are going to flow.

So fellow TX users, flash it and give feedback.

Tapatalked from my bricked TX

I've been running it for the past few hours and everything seems alright.
The headphones don't seem to register but calls do work and everything else seems to be fine.
Keep up the great work, glad to see support for the TX as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cammarratta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djpbx
Old
Thanks Meter 1562

DONATE TO ME
Daily builds are a fact!

Code:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djpbx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cammarratta
Old
(Last edited by Cammarratta; 29th May 2013 at 10:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Bluetooth is kinda spotty so I can't accurately say if it works. It worked for a little bit with my radio but then it stopped working and hasn't worked since.

There's also a reboot whenever it tries to install something over 5mb's sometimes. I'm not entirely sure why but it happens whenever it feels like it.

Vibration does not work (already been listed) and the battery is draining kinda fast. Not entirely sure as I haven't fully cycled it but it has been kinda grr from what I've seen.

Also the touch screen calibration seems to be a tad bit off. I often find myself pressing something else when I directly press what I intended. Its not bad to the breaking point but sometimes I have to take a moment to think about what I'm actually pressing.

ericmaxman
Old
(Last edited by ericmaxman; 2nd June 2013 at 10:15 AM.)
Thanks Meter 31
Now this looks interesting

Will give this a try once i backup all my stuff

UPDATE : my stock rom was rooted, but bootloader was still locked. so i got my bootloader unlocked, and flashed the pacman's boot.img. after booting into CWM, it says that "E: Unable to mount/data" Tried to format /data , /cache, /system , /dalvik-cache, all the same.

Tried TWRP, but also no bueno. Display was cut into half, and also got the same error as CWM. And due to that, I kept getting bootloops

Leo
Old
(Last edited by Leo; 3rd June 2013 at 12:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmaxman View Post
Now this looks interesting

Will give this a try once i backup all my stuff

UPDATE : my stock rom was rooted, but bootloader was still locked. so i got my bootloader unlocked, and flashed the pacman's boot.img. after booting into CWM, it says that "E: Unable to mount/data" Tried to format /data , /cache, /system , /dalvik-cache, all the same.

Tried TWRP, but also no bueno. Display was cut into half, and also got the same error as CWM. And due to that, I kept getting bootloops
try to flash it using other kernel including CWM(6.0.X.X )
Sony Xperia TX [LT29i] ,
Jelly Bean 4.3,
9.2.A.1.205, Stock, deodex,
1266-3320_R2J,
Relocked BootLoader.

Rycon33
Old
(Last edited by Rycon33; 2nd June 2013 at 07:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1259
Good news guys, I've been testing the latest build(2-June) and some issues has been fixed, e.g. still no random reboots here, creating lockscreen shortcuts is Ok now, and many more.

Though some minor issues is still there like no vibration and headset/earphone not detected.

But overall, ROM is really very fluid and smooth. Plus we can use those awesome themes available around. Check out those new themes like flatron theme and simplex theme. They are simply awesome.

EDIT: and we can enter recovery now(from OFF state) by pressing volume button. last time we can go recovery only when we're coming from OS.

Tapatalked from my PACmanned TX
My Nexus 5 mods for PA
My Xperia SP on Paranoid Android
My Family's Android devices - xperia P, xperia SP, xperia TX, moto G, and nexus 5

The Following User Says Thank You to Rycon33 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
aokp, cyanogenmod, djpbx, pac, paranoidandroid