How Open Source Can Help Your Project w/ Ethan Yonker – BABBQ2014

People have finally recovered from this years Big Android BBQ … more

Add Frequency Bands to Your Qualcomm Device

Those of you who travel quite a bit undoubtedly own more than one device due to frequency band … more

More Android 5.0 Details Revealed, Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker – XDA TV

Google talks more about Android 5.0 Lollipop! That and much … more

Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Moving Google Access Music To SD With FolderMount??

OP jeepguy_1980

27th May 2013, 01:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

43 posts
I cannot get folder mount tovmove my Google Access music. In fact when I use it to browse my SD card, it never populates folder sizes or anything else.

I used this for the sane purpose on my Razr, with success. Has anyone got this app to work on their S4?
29th May 2013, 02:18 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepguy_1980

I cannot get folder mount tovmove my Google Access music. In fact when I use it to browse my SD card, it never populates folder sizes or anything else.

I used this for the sane purpose on my Razr, with success. Has anyone got this app to work on their S4?

I'm also having the same problem. Are the files stored somewhere else, because they don't appear to be in com.google.android.music.

EDIT: I think I figured it out! The location for the music is actually /data/data/com.google.android.music. Happy listening!
Last edited by PatNikJones; 29th May 2013 at 02:28 AM.
29th May 2013, 05:24 AM   |  #3  
Flag NoVA
Thanks Meter: 75

199 posts
More
First kill play music app so it is not running

Then (I used solid explorer, but I am sure you could use a terminal app. adb shell, or any other app you prefer to use.

In Solid Explorer by deleting the music folder located in /data/data/com.google.android.music/files/music and then I created a symlink from /storage/extSdCard/files/music to /data/data/com.google.android.music/files which makes a music folder that points back to the external sdcard.

Last reboot your phone

It works very very well and all the music I want to cache from what I have stored in google works well.

Hope this helps you out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ainvar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th May 2013, 12:59 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

43 posts
Does it still let you write new music to this location?
29th May 2013, 01:13 PM   |  #5  
Flag NoVA
Thanks Meter: 75

199 posts
More
It has for me. I have cached about 400 songs offline after doing the symlink

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
29th May 2013, 02:34 PM   |  #6  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 68

588 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainvar

Then (I used solid explorer, but I am sure you could use a terminal app. adb shell, or any other app you prefer to use.

In Solid Explorer by deleting the music folder located in /data/data/com.google.android.music/files/music and then I created a symlink from /storage/extSdCard/files/music to /data/data/com.google.android.music/files which makes a music folder that points back to the external sdcard.

Last reboot your phone

It works very very well and all the music I want to cache from what I have stored in google works well.

Hope this helps you out.

symlinks are the way to go. do it with my solid state hard drive to a bigger drive, works great
29th May 2013, 02:46 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

43 posts
This worked for me. But every time I reboot I get a "Google Music has stopped working" error. It onky does it once, right as the OS loads back up.
29th May 2013, 03:40 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 9

39 posts
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainvar

Last reboot your phone

Hope this helps you out.

It worked. Thank you.
29th May 2013, 03:42 PM   |  #9  
OP Member

43 posts
Fixed the error. Now it's 100%
29th May 2013, 04:36 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 47

144 posts
Donate to Me
More