[Aug 08,2013][JB4.2.2][ SLIM ROM 8.0][Unofficial][Data2Ext/NativeSD][Source Compiled]

1st June 2013, 08:57 PM   |  #21  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,584

6,849 posts
Goal of this specific Q&A/T thread for SLIM ROM JB
Hi my dear followers of this ROM,

As an addition to the post of macs18max in his OP post, I will explain further the goal of this specific thread created for this ROM with the permission of the Developer of this ROM:

This is a statement made in the Q&A/T template thread:

"While our forum has slowly been morphing, the one area we would like to keep original is Development

The goal is to alleviate the OT banter that occurs within any rom. While the XDA forum continues to grow, we need to help users work within the guidelines created by XDA. Over the last couple of years the average rom being created, has become a free for all chat thread. There tends to be much infighting and mod/developer cleaning.

The idea of this template is to create a Questions and Answers for each rom. This is in no way asking for Development to be moved here, rather any and all conversation that is non Development related to your conjoined Q&A."

This means that all non-development related posts, should be posted - with the permission of the Dev - in this thread. What are the most common Off Topic posts, that should be posted in this Q&A/T thread?
1. Battery life related posts
2. Will this app work with this ROM
3. SD Card related problems
4. How do I dowmload and install this ROM, etc

macs18max and I have come to an agreement that these posts do not belong in the Dev's development thread but in the Q&A/T thread for this ROM, therefore he placed a link to this thread on his OP post in which he refers to this thread.
Really hope that you all will adept to this concept and by doing that you also follow the XDA guidelines for posting in a Dev's thread.

Hope to have given you enough information,

kindest regards, Kuzibri
Last edited by kuzibri; 1st June 2013 at 09:00 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to kuzibri For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st June 2013, 09:55 PM   |  #22  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,538

480 posts
New Version Uploaded SlimROM V1a.
  • Now NativeSD app will installed during installation using aroma-installer
  • Fix Wifi tether should work now.

If you have already downloaded V1, you can still manually install NativeSD app using MIexplorer and Also copy WifiRouter.apk from system/app to data/app. Make sure you delete WifiRouter.apk from system/app
If this is too hard then, just download SlimROM-V1a and solve the problem.

So far 100 download and roughly around 7 people have comment. Don't what to assume, bad rom or good rom
Thanks for Clicking thanks meter though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Presentation1.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	2113406  
Last edited by macs18max; 13th July 2013 at 03:55 PM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to macs18max For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st June 2013, 09:57 PM   |  #23  
OP Senior Member

480 posts
Question anwser thread opened. if you have difficulty in installing, or cant get rom feature to work, or any other discusion , post is on Question and answer thread.
Thank you Kuzibri
Last edited by macs18max; 1st June 2013 at 10:05 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to macs18max For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st June 2013, 10:00 PM   |  #24  
OP Senior Member

480 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yugoport

I'm trying this build in my HD2 and it's a fantastic build, really smooth, will test it more and will give you feedback. . So far I installed 30 appsand it's data and it's running beautifully, the transitions are smoother as butter.

Will give you more feedback in a few days.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln357

Today I stress test it with no mercy and it survived
Everything I throw at it it chewed it down without problems,and battery life is very very good so far.
Excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 8

This ROM is faster & smoother than tytungs jellybean 4.2.2 ROM, and that's hard to do.

It's 200 DPI which I love + dpi changer is intergrated in system settings.

I only got trebuchet force close when trying to change how many homescreens I want to have - or dock pages.

Everything else works like butter, only few fixes and I guess I'm switchin' to this one for daily usage.

Thank you guys. Almost 1am time to sleep
1st June 2013, 10:18 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 38

301 posts
Great news macs! I will check it out soon. Thank you.

Ad

BTW: it's almost 12

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda app-developers app
Last edited by ad2003; 1st June 2013 at 10:21 PM.
2nd June 2013, 12:03 AM   |  #26  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,584

6,849 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by macs18max

Question anwser thread opened. if you have difficulty in installing, or cant get rom feature to work, or any other discusion , post is on Question and answer thread.
Thank you Kuzibri

You're very welcome my dear friend!!!

kindest regards, Kuzibri
2nd June 2013, 06:46 AM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 97

1,114 posts
More
store says "your device isn't compatible...blabla" for some apps (facebook, flipboard, dropbox and a couple of others I tried)
is it rom or settings related?
Last edited by dimdimdim; 2nd June 2013 at 06:48 AM.
2nd June 2013, 07:38 AM   |  #28  
OP Senior Member

480 posts
It is the playstore problem.
Normal playstore app works only on stock dpi which is 240dpi. Some developer mod the playstore to work with any dpi.
Unfortunately I took this android market app from Slim wesite which said multidpi android market, but seems like it is not.

Your options are
1. Use stock dpi, which is 240 by going to Settings>Interface>General>LCD Density changer. and follow the steps to change dpi.

or

If you like 200dpi, download modded playstore from here], choose White Multi DPI Play Store v4.1.10 for JB v4.2.2 for normal look or Inverted Multi DPI Play Store v4.1.10 for JB v4.2.2 for a dark version look.

Then clear and cache data of the existing playstore in settings>app. Use a rooted file explorer delete Vending.apk and GoogleServicesFramework.apk from system/app
Copy phonesky.apk and GoogleServicesFramework.apk from the downloaded zip, to system\app, fix permission for those app, and then reboot twice.

Sorry for Inconvience. will fix this in the next update
Last edited by macs18max; 2nd June 2013 at 07:40 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to macs18max For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2013, 09:47 AM   |  #29  
Flag Glashütten
Thanks Meter: 3,094

1,970 posts
Donate to Me
More
re
Quote:
Originally Posted by macs18max

It is the playstore problem.
Normal playstore app works only on stock dpi which is 240dpi. Some developer mod the playstore to work with any dpi.
Unfortunately I took this android market app from Slim wesite which said multidpi android market, but seems like it is not.

Your options are
1. Use stock dpi, which is 240 by going to Settings>Interface>General>LCD Density changer. and follow the steps to change dpi.

or

If you like 200dpi, download modded playstore from here], choose White Multi DPI Play Store v4.1.10 for JB v4.2.2 for normal look or Inverted Multi DPI Play Store v4.1.10 for JB v4.2.2 for a dark version look.

Then clear and cache data of the existing playstore in settings>app. Use a rooted file explorer delete Vending.apk and GoogleServicesFramework.apk from system/app
Copy phonesky.apk and GoogleServicesFramework.apk from the downloaded zip, to system\app, fix permission for those app, and then reboot twice.

Sorry for Inconvience. will fix this in the next update

test with the playstore and GmsCore.apk from my AOKP rom this works with 200 dpi

pixelfreak
The Following User Says Thank You to -pixelfreak- For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2013, 10:23 AM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 38

301 posts
Hi, I installed the rom. First install ended in bootloop, 2nd time worked out. Nice and smooth so far. I was missing email app. Thanks so far.

Ad

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread